Irving Kimura

Default In search of a HANGING DISH DRAINER

This is slightly OT, but at least it is kitchen-relevant...

I'm looking for a dish rack/drainer designed to hang from the
ceiling over the kitchen sink, so that water dripping from the
dishes falls around where the faucet is. Does anybody know where
I can get such a beast?

Thanks!

-Irv

PENMART01

Irving Kimura writes:

>I'm looking for a dish rack/drainer designed to hang from the
>ceiling over the kitchen sink, so that water dripping from the
>dishes falls around where the faucet is. Does anybody know where

Make one... hang most any dish rack from the ceiling with four lengths of
chain.

But why???

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

cynthia mason

I brought something like that from England once. It was large and sat
on the window ledge behind the sink. It could have been hung - maybe!!

Monika Adamczyk

Irving Kimura wrote:
> This is slightly OT, but at least it is kitchen-relevant...
>
> I'm looking for a dish rack/drainer designed to hang from the
> ceiling over the kitchen sink, so that water dripping from the
> dishes falls around where the faucet is. Does anybody know where
> I can get such a beast?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Irv

I have never seen one hanging from ceiling but when I needed one which
hangs on a wall, I had to bring it from Europe. I could never find it in
the US.

Monika

Frogleg

>Irving Kimura wrote:

>> I'm looking for a dish rack/drainer designed to hang from the
>> ceiling over the kitchen sink, so that water dripping from the
>> dishes falls around where the faucet is. Does anybody know where
>> I can get such a beast?

Latest issue of 'Cuisine at Home' (I think. It might have been the
latest 'Gourmet'.) showed a dish-drainer that could be positioned over
a sink via adjustable tabs at the edges. Can't find it on their site,
and the magazine is upstairs. I'm assuming you have a single or
non-standard sink of some sort? I have a double sink and the regular
ol' dimestore drainer lives in the 'other' sink. Will hike upstairs(!)
soon and see if I can find the gadget. Hanging from the ceiling
doesn't sound very convenient.

Herself

Irving Kimura > wrote:

> This is slightly OT, but at least it is kitchen-relevant...
>
> I'm looking for a dish rack/drainer designed to hang from the
> ceiling over the kitchen sink, so that water dripping from the
> dishes falls around where the faucet is. Does anybody know where
> I can get such a beast?

Ikea sells ones that hang from the wall, quite cheap too.
--
'Tis Herself
Greg Zywicki

Irving Kimura > wrote in message >...
> This is slightly OT, but at least it is kitchen-relevant...
>
> I'm looking for a dish rack/drainer designed to hang from the
> ceiling over the kitchen sink, so that water dripping from the
> dishes falls around where the faucet is. Does anybody know where
> I can get such a beast?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Irv

Standard Dishrack + Hardware store * (S-hooks + plastic or stainless
chain or cable + ceiling mounted houseplant hangers) = ceiling mounted
dishrack.

You could cobble together the whole thing for probably ten or fifteen
dollars US (maximum.) A local handyman could install the thing in 30
minutes if you don't have the tools to do the job or if you're not
able to do it due to physical limitations.

Greg Zywicki