Jack Schidt®

Default Dumb Question - Cooking Sausage in Microwave

"Jedi Master CK" > wrote in message
> And since Saturday, I haven't had any stomach problems and I'll have
> to wait a while to see if I get trichinosis - but I doubt it...

Wookies like you don't get trichinosis.

Jack Ordeal

Pan Ohco

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:21:38 -0600, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Get some balls and cook how you want, when you want. My parents never
>cooked special meals prepared in special ways for us. We ate what they ate,
>elsewise we didn't eat. Get a grip.
>
>Jill

My grandson now 12, came over to my house for dinner. He asked what
was for dinner, I told him what we were having, and he said "oh that
sounds O.K.".
I told him that I was glad that he approved, but that is what I was
serving, even if he didn't like it.
I then told him that there was eggs and cheese in the refrigerator,
and that he could cook an omelet for him self, if he didn't care for
what I was cooking.
Hay teaching them to cook, when they are young, stops a lot of
complaints.

Pan Ohco
Carnivore269

"Foghorn" > wrote in message ws.com>...
> In ,
> Jedi Master CK > typed:
> >> Where did your child pick up the idea of "non-brown" sausage anyhow?
> >> And cutting into small pieces is supposed to be a "kid-pleasing"
> >> presentation. Go figure. :-)

> > She's had it browned before and didn't like it like that...

> Poor BABY
>
> Let her get used to walking all over you at four, where will you be when she's
> 10?
> A doormat, that's where.
>
> Jedi Master, my ASS

God I hope that you don't have any children Foghorn!
It's idiots like you that FORCE kids to eat what they don't like and
develop eating disorders!

Into child abuse are you?

C.
Frogleg

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:50:32 GMT, Rhonda Anderson

:

>> Didn't you hear? His 4 year old doesn't like "crusty" browned
>> sausage. Not that she could possibly tell the difference once it has
>> finish cooking in the sauce, but apparently she rules the kitchen.

>I don't know that trying to cook one thing the way your child likes it
>means that they rule the kitchen.

>Children do develop likes and dislikes, and there's a balance between
>letting them walk all over you and completely disregarding anything they
>say about what they do or do not like (if they have tried it).

I agree that if accomodation to infant taste doesn't involve major
disruption or dietary deficiency, there's no harm in it. If the peas
can't touch the mashed potatoes, so be it. I disagree with "if they
have tried it." I *still* won't eat summer squash after being forced
to take "just 3 bites" and vomiting all over the table about 100 years
ago. Kids can't say they don't like *everything* that's served, but
like jury challenges, they should be allowed a few unexplained "I just
don't like it" preferences. :-)
Kajikit

Jedi Master CK saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us
all about it on Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:05:13 GMT:

>>On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:33:40 GMT, Jedi Master CK
> wrote:
>>
>><again without identifying quote>

>>>Yes - from a local delivery pizzeria... I'm trying to duplicate
>>>it at home quickly and easily which is why I was wondering about
>>>the microwave instead of boiling, etc...

>>Um. Have you tried asking the pizzeria?

>I should have - it would have saved Me alot of grief...

lol

btw, if you do it again I'd cook the sausages just like a hotdog. Pop
them in deep frypan or a saucepan with some water and boil the things!
It won't really take any longer than boiling them in the microwave...
I find that the microwave is not good at actually 'cooking' food any
faster than the stove. I only really use it for reheating - it's great
at that!

(huggles)

~Karen AKA Kajikit

Nobody outstubborns a cat...

Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

That rude comment about the child is probably because of an inferiority complex or maybe they are just mad your child has the intellectual capacity and insight to form an opinion about sausage anyway. Hopefully people like that do not procreate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 9:14:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> That rude comment about the child is probably because of an inferiority complex or maybe they are just mad your child has the intellectual capacity and insight to form an opinion about sausage anyway. Hopefully people like that do not procreate.

The 'child' probably is graduating high school this week....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Glad it worked. I'm thinking of doing this myself tonight for dinner

And I must say, this is one of the most disrespectful group of responders I have ever read. She asked a ligitimate question. Why so much hostility?

Terri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh, we thought that "sausage" meant "penis"...

--
Best
Greg

On Sunday, 17 September 2017 14:54:00 UTC-5, wrote:
> Glad it worked. I'm thinking of doing this myself tonight for dinner
>
> And I must say, this is one of the most disrespectful group of responders I have ever read. She asked a ligitimate question. Why so much hostility?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:41:41 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 11:36:56 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:34:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi10ahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >You need to get a Usenet server that has a retention policy of more than 14 years. Easy-peasy.

>> And start replying to posts from 2003. That would be fun.

>It's none of my business who a person chooses to respond to. Feel free to make it yours.

I never suggested it was your business.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 11:47:01 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> I never suggested it was your business.

You wanted me to comment on your comment but I have no comment. Not to worry, the usual suspects will make the usual comments.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:53:45 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 11:47:01 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> I never suggested it was your business.

>You wanted me to comment on your comment but I have no comment. Not to worry, the usual suspects will make the usual comments.

You're always free to comment on my comment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 11:58:00 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> You're always free to comment on my comment.

No comment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 3:21:25 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 12:53:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>
> >Glad it worked. I'm thinking of doing this myself tonight for dinner
> >
> >And I must say, this is one of the most disrespectful group of responders I have ever read. She asked a ligitimate question. Why so much hostility?

> Who asked a question and who responded in a hostile manner?

Who knows?? She's whining about a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD THREAD,
good grief.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 4:36:56 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> >> Oh, I couldn't see anything from before this post.

> >You need to get a Usenet server that has a retention policy of more than 14 years. Easy-peasy.

> And start replying to posts from 2003. That would be fun.

Hahahahahaaaaa, why not? This Terry person thought it would be
just the ticket to reply to an old, old, OLD thread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 17:50:27 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 4:36:56 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> >You need to get a Usenet server that has a retention policy of more than 14 years. Easy-peasy.

>> And start replying to posts from 2003. That would be fun.
>>

>Hahahahahaaaaa, why not? This Terry person thought it would be
>just the ticket to reply to an old, old, OLD thread.

Yes, why not This isn't a current affairs group, so the topics will
still be relevant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 2, 2003 at 11:21:38 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
> Jedi Master CK wrote:
> > Again, do not talk about My Daughter...

> HEY JEDI IDIOT... you're the one who brought up your daughter. You are
> posting in a public newsgroup and you mentioned her. Therefore you and she
> become public domain for criticism. I don't suppose you are old enough to
> have seen the original Stars Wars. But you are apparenly old enough to have
> inserted sperm and now have a daughter.
>
> Get some balls and cook how you want, when you want. My parents never
> cooked special meals prepared in special ways for us. We ate what they ate,
> elsewise we didn't eat. Get a grip.
>
> Jill

Blast from the past!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Glad it worked. I'm thinking of doing this myself tonight for dinner
>
> And I must say, this is one of the most disrespectful group of responders
> I have ever read. She asked a ligitimate question. Why so much hostility?
>
> Terri

Who are you even responding to?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 3:54:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Glad it worked. I'm thinking of doing this myself tonight for dinner
>
> And I must say, this is one of the most disrespectful group of responders I have ever read. She asked a ligitimate question. Why so much hostility?
>
> Terri

You haven't spent much time on Usenet, have you? This is pretty much
par for the course. Most of the "disrespectful" posters looked like
trolls, anyway.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 2, 2003 at 4:55:35 AM UTC+8, Jedi Master CK wrote:
> I have fresh italian sausage that I want uncut on the side for
> spaghetti and red sauce...
>
> Can I simply cook the sausage link in the microwave? If yes, how long
> do I cook it for in the microwave? Until it reaches 170 degrees?
>
> I, and My Little Daughter, Thank You in Advance...

It's already 2018 and this thread comes as one of the top results when searching for cooking sausages in a microwave oven. I was actually looking for the best ways on how I can cook a Hungarian Sausage in the microwave.

The banter this thread displayed is quite amusing, especially with hot-heads speaking their agitated minds out. LOL. I also would want to accommodate the whims of my children but I wouldn't consider that as them "running" the house or running the kitchen. I wouldn't also have a problem of them having more intelligence than me, if intelligence meant IQ, which is essentially different from wisdom, especially from age-old wisdom.

In any case, to add value to this thread, I think I now know how to "cook" sausages in the microwave. And during these times, we have to learn how to use the power settings effectively. When cooking sausages in the microwave, it's best to use lower-to-medium power settings over a longer period of cooking time. Doing otherwise may not bring about balanced cooking of the sausage from the inside and out. It's always important to keep note of the fact that the microwave is a "superheating" machine and it has cooking dynamics that differ a lot from stove-top cooking and differ a lot less from conventional convex oven cooking. In my experiments with Hungarian Sausages, cooking them in 8-10 minutes fresh from the freezer with low-power (or 6-8 minutes with medium power) makes for a tasty and succulent meal. Your mileage may vary, of course. I use a 1,200-watt microwave at office and a 700-watt microwave at home. So, I guess the low-power setting works better for the higher-watt microwave oven and the medium-power setting is apt at the low-watt machine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

2003 post btw