Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gluten Free Brownies

Gluten-Free Brownies

4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup cooking oil
1 cup chopped walnuts

Glaze
4 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking squares
1/4 cup butter

or

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter or shortening

Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla, then whisk in the sugar, baking
powder and salt.

In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder and cooking oil and stir until the
mixture is smooth. Add the cocoa powder to the large bowl and stir to
blend.

Add the flour and stir until incorporated, then stir in the nuts. Bake
for 22-25 minutes then cool on a wire rack.

To make the glaze, add the ingredients to a microwave safe bowl, heat
for about 1 minute, then stir until the chocolate has melted and the
mixture is smooth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Gluten-Free Brownies

<snipped recipe>

Thanks, Becca. I copied it and sent it to a cousin who has Celiac. (sp)

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Gluten-Free Brownies
>
> 4 large eggs
> 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
> 2 cups granulated sugar
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix
> 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
> 2/3 cup cooking oil
> 1 cup chopped walnuts

Do scoop directly from the bag or do you spoon-fill the cup?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

boulanger wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote in message
>
>> Gluten-Free Brownies
>>
>> 4 large eggs
>> 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
>> 2 cups granulated sugar
>> 1 teaspoon baking powder
>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>> 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix
>> 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
>> 2/3 cup cooking oil
>> 1 cup chopped walnuts
>>

> Do scoop directly from the bag or do you spoon-fill the cup?

The flour free mix should be sifted first, but I often scoop directly
from the bag.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Becca wrote:
>> Gluten-Free Brownies

> <snipped recipe>
>
> Thanks, Becca. I copied it and sent it to a cousin who has Celiac. (sp)

Hope your cousin enjoys the brownies. This is a good recipe, you can
not tell it is gluten-free. My sister and her husband came over
yesterday and they loved them.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> boulanger wrote:
>> "Becca" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Gluten-Free Brownies
>>>
>>> 4 large eggs
>>> 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
>>> 2 cups granulated sugar
>>> 1 teaspoon baking powder
>>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>>> 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix
>>> 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
>>> 2/3 cup cooking oil
>>> 1 cup chopped walnuts
>>>

>> Do scoop directly from the bag or do you spoon-fill the cup?

> The flour free mix should be sifted first, but I often scoop directly from
> the bag.

I weigh everything when I'm baking as cup measure is so unreliable. There
can be more than a 20% difference in the amount of flour depending on how
you fill the cup and that would make one helluva difference to the end
result.