Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kraft Mac & Cheese

Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.

Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.

We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.

Do you doctor it up?

How so?

Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How about
dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?

What is your secret?

:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How about
> dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

I haven't consumed any packaged mac and cheese product (Kraft or other)
in at least 20 years. I did have to prepare a batch a few years back for
some kids who had unfortunately not been exposed to real non glow in the
dark mac and cheese
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 04 Mar 2009 06:40:38p, Dimitri told us...

> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
>:-)
>
> Dimitri

LOL! We do keep a couple of boxes in the pantry for times when time is
short or when I don't really want to cook. I doubt we eat 3 or 4 boxes per
year, and definitely don't consider it a "comfort" food. We only keep skim
milk on hand, so instead of milk I use half and half and real butter when I
make it. I never add anything else.

Having said that, I never add any other food ingredients (veggies, meats,
etc.) to homemade mac & cheese either. When other ingredients are added,
it ceases to be mac & cheese to me.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Wed 04 Mar 2009 06:40:38p, Dimitri told us...
>
> > Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
> >
> > Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
> >
> > We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
> >
> > Do you doctor it up?
> >
> > How so?
> >
> > Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> > about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
> >
> > What is your secret?
> >
> >:-)
> >
> > Dimitri

> LOL! We do keep a couple of boxes in the pantry for times when time is
> short or when I don't really want to cook.

I don't even keep it for that. Semi-real mac and cheese can be made with
ramen noodles, and fresh made cheese sauce in about the same time as the
glow in the dark box mac and cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 04 Mar 2009 07:16:18p, Pete C. told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> On Wed 04 Mar 2009 06:40:38p, Dimitri told us...
>>
>> > Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>> >
>> > Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>> >
>> > We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>> >
>> > Do you doctor it up?
>> >
>> > How so?
>> >
>> > Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
>> > about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>> >
>> > What is your secret?
>> >
>> >:-)
>> >
>> > Dimitri

>> LOL! We do keep a couple of boxes in the pantry for times when time is
>> short or when I don't really want to cook.

> I don't even keep it for that. Semi-real mac and cheese can be made with
> ramen noodles, and fresh made cheese sauce in about the same time as the
> glow in the dark box mac and cheese.

Wouldn't work for me. I hate ramen noodles in any form for any purpose.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I keep some in the pantry for when I have to feed (I almost mispoke
"cook for") a couple of elementary-school-aged nieces. First, they
mostly don't like grown-up food. Second, I mostly don't like kids,
and am happy to feed them any cheap crap that will let me seem
responsible and get them out of the house with minimal involvement.

Add stuff? I am reminded of a story of a "snot cocktail". The
punchline is that it ruins one ingredient and does nothing to improve
the other. OK, maybe I could add hot dogs, because crap can't ruin or
improve crap and the little deamons don't care anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?

Peas or corn or/and tuna, chicken, extra pasta and milk to stretch it. I'd
like to experiment more with it. I consider it a staple, too. There must
be more we can do with it. Thin out the cheese sauce and make it into a
runnier (lower fat) sauce that would coat veggies better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:40:38 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
>Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.

I won't touch the stuff. Believe it!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I like it with cheap cut up hot dogs and red pepper flakes.
But I buy generic and doctor it up. And only 2-3 times a year when a
strange craving builds up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How about
> dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

It's quite good actually with chopped hard boiled eggs mixed in. Last
time I did that, I got a LOT of compliments... and it was hard to get
compliments on my cooking from mom. :-)
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

When I was very sick and could hardly eat anything, I ate Kraft Mac and
Cheese with extra heavy cream added to it. It was one of the few things
I could manage.

Now that I am healthy, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 04 Mar 2009 07:48:07p, Cheryl told us...

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>>
>> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>>
>> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>>
>> Do you doctor it up?
>>
>> How so?
>>
>> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
>> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>>
>> What is your secret?
>>

> Peas or corn or/and tuna, chicken, extra pasta and milk to stretch it.
> I'd like to experiment more with it. I consider it a staple, too.
> There must be more we can do with it. Thin out the cheese sauce and
> make it into a runnier (lower fat) sauce that would coat veggies better.

You can also skip the macaroni and sprinkle the packet of cheese over
popcorn. Really tasty!

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.

Sorry if you don't believe me, Dimitri, but I've never once bought the "blue
box". Powdered cheese isn't my thing.

> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.

I don't make Mac & Cheese all the time. LOL I'm trying to remember the
last time I had mac & cheese... it was probably 6 months ago. When I do
make it, I do it the way my mother taught me: with Velveeta. Baked, with
breadcrumbs on the top so you get some nice crunchy bits <G>

> Do you doctor it up?

Not referring to the Kraft stuff, but I sometimes add cubed ham or cooked
hamburger. I grew up with mac & cheese being a meal, not a side dish.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:16:18 -0600, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> LOL! We do keep a couple of boxes in the pantry for times when time is
>> short or when I don't really want to cook.

>I don't even keep it for that. Semi-real mac and cheese can be made with
>ramen noodles, and fresh made cheese sauce in about the same time as the
>glow in the dark box mac and cheese.

If I don't feel like cooking and want something macaroni and cheesish,
I use Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup or Ragu cheese sauce over cooked
pasta. That doesn't happen very often, but it's tons better than the
dreaded blue box.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:39:54 -0800 (PST), bulka
> wrote:

>I keep some in the pantry for when I have to feed (I almost mispoke
>"cook for") a couple of elementary-school-aged nieces. First, they
>mostly don't like grown-up food. Second, I mostly don't like kids,
>and am happy to feed them any cheap crap that will let me seem
>responsible and get them out of the house with minimal involvement.

ROFLMAO! I knew I liked you! LOL!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message

> When I was very sick and could hardly eat anything, I ate Kraft Mac and
> Cheese with extra heavy cream added to it. It was one of the few things I
> could manage.

That was with tongue cancer, right? Once it got past the tongue to the
esophagus you felt ok to eat?

> Now that I am healthy, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I'm so so happy you're healthy again. Pray for you to stay well aware from
the cancers.

I'm thinking my dads dr needs to place a feeding tube. My dad is against
that, I as the oldest child of his and can make him think about it. My mom,
his wife, will likely side with me on nuitrcioun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

My secret is to make it from scratch. When we have hamburgers in the
winter, I often nuke Stouffers frozen mac'n'cheese as a go-with.

The Blue Box stuff doesn't have enough flavor.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How about
> dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

In all truth I've never made Mac&Cheese from a box. If I've ever eaten
it someone else made it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
>Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
>We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
>Do you doctor it up?
>
>How so?
>
>Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How about
>dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
>What is your secret?

I follow the directions on the box - because I like it that way.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Semi-real mac and cheese can be made with
>ramen noodles,

ugh

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?

I'm a big box o' blue fan.

I routinely change the shape of m&c with a small can of tuna and an
avocado!

I'm in complete agreement! -- Andy's Evil Twin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>>
>> When I was very sick and could hardly eat anything, I ate Kraft Mac
>> and Cheese with extra heavy cream added to it. It was one of the few
>> things I could manage.
>>

> That was with tongue cancer, right? Once it got past the tongue to the
> esophagus you felt ok to eat?

My esophagus was all messed up from the radiation treatments. Swallowing
was very hard and very painful. Mac and cheese was soft and slippery.
The cream made it even more so and added some calories. I needed a lot
of protein to heal the open wound on my stomach from the emergency
colostomy when my colon ruptured in the midst of radiation. The mac and
cheese with the extra cream was, for a while, the only solid food I
could manage. Otherwise it was Boost.

>> Now that I am healthy, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

> I'm so so happy you're healthy again. Pray for you to stay well aware
> from the cancers.

Thank you. I appreciate your prayers. I'm happy to say I am healthy,
feeling great and cancer-free.

> I'm thinking my dads dr needs to place a feeding tube. My dad is
> against that, I as the oldest child of his and can make him think about
> it. My mom, his wife, will likely side with me on nuitrcioun.

Cheryl,

Maybe Dad should be permitted to make his own decisions. I know how much
you all love him, but the quality of his life might mean more to him
than the "quantity" of his life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:50:39 -0600, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>My esophagus was all messed up from the radiation treatments. Swallowing
>was very hard and very painful. Mac and cheese was soft and slippery.
>The cream made it even more so and added some calories. I needed a lot
>of protein to heal the open wound on my stomach from the emergency
>colostomy when my colon ruptured in the midst of radiation. The mac and
>cheese with the extra cream was, for a while, the only solid food I
>could manage. Otherwise it was Boost.

OMG! You've been through the mill, Janet! I'm glad that things have
settled down for you, and that you're feeling healthier.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

I stopped buying Kraft Mac & Cheese when I found Alton Brown's Stovetop Mac
& Cheese recipe. It's fast, easy, delicious and I usually have all the
ingredients in the house.

Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
Serves: 6 to 8 servings
Ingredients
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
6 ounces evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh black pepper
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
10 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
Directions
In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and
drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir
into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat continue to stir for 3
minutes or until creamy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

Just as you're finishing it, grate sharp cheddar cheese into it. It enriches
it up. Once you're started doing this it's hard to make it the old way.

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

When you could buy Kraft powdered American cheese separately, it worked
somewhat better to make it on your own, choosing your own noodles, etc.I
wish I could find powdered American or Cheddar cheese sold separately. I
haven't been able to. If anyone knows of a source I'd sure appreciate it.

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 05 Mar 2009 04:26:02a, Theron told us...

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>>
>> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>>
>> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>>
>> Do you doctor it up?
>>
>> How so?
>>
>> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
>> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>>
>> What is your secret?
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Dimitri

> When you could buy Kraft powdered American cheese separately, it worked
> somewhat better to make it on your own, choosing your own noodles, etc.I
> wish I could find powdered American or Cheddar cheese sold separately. I
> haven't been able to. If anyone knows of a source I'd sure appreciate it.
>
> Ed

http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices/...wder?gclid=CP_
21rfni5kCFQ8eDQodbG3Ulw

or http://tinyurl.com/bbsflc

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.

I don't know how that Mac & Cheese is, but melting some butter and cheeses
in a skillet over low fire is easy and quick, and then you just need to add
it to the cooked macaroni.

> What is your secret?
>
> :-)

Beer
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 8:40*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.

I don't use it. I don't make macaroni and cheese, from
scratch or otherwise. It just doesn't appeal.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.

I never use Kraft macaroni and cheese.

I have been known to use Annie's Shells and Cheddar. But only when camping.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 8:40 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
> Do you doctor it up?
>
> How so?
>
> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How about
> dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
> What is your secret?
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

The mac and cheese I grew up on and still make ~once a year is
Velveeta melted into cooked elbow macaroni with a little milk to
thin. Not too thin, though, because part of the enjoyment was sliced
leftovers, cold! Anyone else do that?

--
Silvar Beitel
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:16:18 -0600, "Pete C." >
> wrote:
>
> > Semi-real mac and cheese can be made with
> >ramen noodles,

> ugh

If you were faced with two bowls of mac and cheese, one made with ramen
noodles and a fresh made cheese sauce and one with glow in the dark
stuff from a box, which would you choose?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>
>Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>
>We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>
>Do you doctor it up?
>
>How so?
>
>Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How about
>dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>
>What is your secret?

We kept it around when the kids were young so they could make
something if we weren't around to cook. There hasn't been a box here
in ten years. It's nasty stuff and no amount of doctoring can redeem
it.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:52:30 -0600, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:16:18 -0600, "Pete C." >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Semi-real mac and cheese can be made with
>> >ramen noodles,

>> ugh

>If you were faced with two bowls of mac and cheese, one made with ramen
>noodles and a fresh made cheese sauce and one with glow in the dark
>stuff from a box, which would you choose?

The stuff in a box.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:52:30 -0600, "Pete C." >
> wrote:
>

> >sf wrote:

> >> ugh

> >If you were faced with two bowls of mac and cheese, one made with ramen
> >noodles and a fresh made cheese sauce and one with glow in the dark
> >stuff from a box, which would you choose?

> The stuff in a box.

Blech!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.250...
> On Thu 05 Mar 2009 04:26:02a, Theron told us...
>

>> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
>>>
>>> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
>>>
>>> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
>>>
>>> Do you doctor it up?
>>>
>>> How so?
>>>
>>> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
>>> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
>>>
>>> What is your secret?
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> Dimitri

>> When you could buy Kraft powdered American cheese separately, it worked
>> somewhat better to make it on your own, choosing your own noodles, etc.I
>> wish I could find powdered American or Cheddar cheese sold separately. I
>> haven't been able to. If anyone knows of a source I'd sure appreciate it.
>>
>> Ed

> http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices/...wder?gclid=CP_
> 21rfni5kCFQ8eDQodbG3Ulw
>
> or http://tinyurl.com/bbsflc
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Thanks Wayne, I may have seen this in the past, at least something similar.
The problem is that when you add $8.21 shipping to the cost of one cup of
powder you're up to $17.

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Wed 04 Mar 2009 07:48:07p, Cheryl told us...
>

> > "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> >> Kraft Mac & Cheese has been a staple for YEARS.
> >>
> >> Don't tell me you don't use it I don't believe you.
> >>
> >> We can't all make Mac & Cheese from scratch all the time.
> >>
> >> Do you doctor it up?
> >>
> >> How so?
> >>
> >> Add extra cheese, real butter, mixed veggies or leftover veggies. How
> >> about dicing some leftover meat or lunch meat?
> >>
> >> What is your secret?
> >>

> > Peas or corn or/and tuna, chicken, extra pasta and milk to stretch it.
> > I'd like to experiment more with it. I consider it a staple, too.
> > There must be more we can do with it. Thin out the cheese sauce and
> > make it into a runnier (lower fat) sauce that would coat veggies better.
> >

> You can also skip the macaroni and sprinkle the packet of cheese over
> popcorn. Really tasty!

For some weird reason, I like that idea. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:50:39 -0600, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
> >My esophagus was all messed up from the radiation treatments. Swallowing
> >was very hard and very painful. Mac and cheese was soft and slippery.
> >The cream made it even more so and added some calories. I needed a lot
> >of protein to heal the open wound on my stomach from the emergency
> >colostomy when my colon ruptured in the midst of radiation. The mac and
> >cheese with the extra cream was, for a while, the only solid food I
> >could manage. Otherwise it was Boost.

> OMG! You've been through the mill, Janet! I'm glad that things have
> settled down for you, and that you're feeling healthier.
>
> Carol

Seconded here Janet. I've had my own share of Challenges the past year,
but they pale in comparison to that. ;-( Hugs and blessings!!!