Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This should not have been good

but it was wonderful.

I had some chopped broc I had nuked from frozen, drained well, then
sprinkled a little shredded cheddar over, left over from our ham dinner.

I had some left over ham and I wanted scrambled eggs.

Whipped up the eggs with a little cream, put them in a hot buttered pan,
dumped in the broc, and bits of ham when the eggs were just about done, and
tossed in just a leetle extra sprinkle of sharp cheddar. Amazing. I don't
think I have ever had broc with eggs before. W/O the ham I don't think I
would like it. I sprinkled a bit of dry parm on top, too. Very nice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:08:33 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>but it was wonderful.
>
>I had some chopped broc I had nuked from frozen, drained well, then
>sprinkled a little shredded cheddar over, left over from our ham dinner.
>
>I had some left over ham and I wanted scrambled eggs.
>
>Whipped up the eggs with a little cream, put them in a hot buttered pan,
>dumped in the broc, and bits of ham when the eggs were just about done, and
>tossed in just a leetle extra sprinkle of sharp cheddar. Amazing. I don't
>think I have ever had broc with eggs before. W/O the ham I don't think I
>would like it. I sprinkled a bit of dry parm on top, too. Very nice.

Cheese and broccoli omelettes are great, too. Gotta agree that almost
everything is better with ham, though. Maybe not chocolate chip
cookies.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

Gotta agree that almost
> everything is better with ham, though. Maybe not chocolate chip
> cookies.
>
> Carol

Some people might not agree with you about the chocolate chip cookies.
Check this out - http://www.scrumptiousphotography.co.../12/chocolate-
bacon-cupcakes-with-caramel.html

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Core of my heart, my country! Land of the rainbow gold,
For flood and fire and famine she pays us back threefold.
My Country, Dorothea MacKellar, 1904

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:56:08 GMT, Rhonda Anderson

:

>>Gotta agree that almost
>> everything is better with ham, though. Maybe not chocolate chip
>> cookies.

>Some people might not agree with you about the chocolate chip cookies.
>Check this out - http://www.scrumptiousphotography.co.../12/chocolate-
>bacon-cupcakes-with-caramel.html

Dang! That person has a way with words. I almost-maybe want to try
these! If I do, I'll e-mail some of them to Sky. Here's a shortened
version of the URL:
http://tinyurl.com/84g5f8

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> but it was wonderful.
>
> I had some chopped broc I had nuked from frozen, drained well, then
> sprinkled a little shredded cheddar over, left over from our ham dinner.
>
> I had some left over ham and I wanted scrambled eggs.
>
> Whipped up the eggs with a little cream, put them in a hot buttered pan,
> dumped in the broc, and bits of ham when the eggs were just about done,
> and tossed in just a leetle extra sprinkle of sharp cheddar. Amazing. I
> don't think I have ever had broc with eggs before. W/O the ham I don't
> think I would like it. I sprinkled a bit of dry parm on top, too. Very
> nice.

One of my "usual" breakfasts that I make is an egg pie: several eggs with
milk or cream whipped in. Take a cake or pie pan, spray with PAM or
something like that, toss in a lot of broccoli, shredded Swiss cheese and
any chopped up meat I have from last night's dinner. Pour the egg/milk
mixture over, bake for about 30 minutes at 400 deg, eat. Yum.

Lisa Ann

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> One of my "usual" breakfasts that I make is an egg pie: *several eggs with
> milk or cream whipped in. *Take a cake or pie pan, spray with PAM or
> something like that, toss in a lot of broccoli, shredded Swiss cheese and
> any chopped up meat I have from last night's dinner. *Pour the egg/milk
> mixture over, bake for about 30 minutes at 400 deg, eat. *Yum.
>
> Lisa Ann

Otherwise known as crustless quiche. If you add a couple T. of flour,
it will set up better.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lisa Ann" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> but it was wonderful.
>>
>> I had some chopped broc I had nuked from frozen, drained well, then
>> sprinkled a little shredded cheddar over, left over from our ham dinner.
>>
>> I had some left over ham and I wanted scrambled eggs.
>>
>> Whipped up the eggs with a little cream, put them in a hot buttered pan,
>> dumped in the broc, and bits of ham when the eggs were just about done,
>> and tossed in just a leetle extra sprinkle of sharp cheddar. Amazing. I
>> don't think I have ever had broc with eggs before. W/O the ham I don't
>> think I would like it. I sprinkled a bit of dry parm on top, too. Very
>> nice.

> One of my "usual" breakfasts that I make is an egg pie: several eggs with
> milk or cream whipped in. Take a cake or pie pan, spray with PAM or
> something like that, toss in a lot of broccoli, shredded Swiss cheese and
> any chopped up meat I have from last night's dinner. Pour the egg/milk
> mixture over, bake for about 30 minutes at 400 deg, eat. Yum.

What, you SC typed can't say "quiche?"

Just kidding. This sounds great, esp. with Swiss. I'll try it.