What can I substitute for dates?

Old 31-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Cheryl
Usenet poster

Default What can I substitute for dates?

What do you think is the best substitute for dates in a cookie recipe?
Could I use golden raisins? I don't like dates or prunes or figs.
Old 31-10-2003, 01:17 AM
PENMART01
Usenet poster

(Cheryl) writes:

What do you think is the best substitute for dates in a cookie recipe?
Could I use golden raisins? I don't like dates or prunes or figs.

Chocolate... and that's without even seeing your recipe.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old 31-10-2003, 01:59 AM
Dimitri
Usenet poster

"Cheryl" wrote in message
m...
What do you think is the best substitute for dates in a cookie recipe?
Could I use golden raisins? I don't like dates or prunes or figs.

Any chopped dried fruit in the same amount.

Apricots
Nectarines
Peaches
Any variety of raisins
Apples
Etc.'s

Dimitri

Old 01-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Snowfeet1
Usenet poster

Dried apricots
Old 01-11-2003, 06:36 PM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

masturbation.

(sorry, I couldnt resist..)

"Snowfeet1" wrote in message
Dried apricots

Old 01-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Hahabogus
Usenet poster

(Snowfeet1) wrote in
:

Dried apricots

Figs
Old 01-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Hahabogus
Usenet poster

(Snowfeet1) wrote in
:

Dried apricots

Err I meant Dried Figs.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:32 PM
Cult of Nurse's
Usenet poster

Do you have any recipes that call for masturbation? I can't seem to find
any on the web.

wrote:
masturbation.

(sorry, I couldnt resist..)

"Snowfeet1" wrote in message

Dried apricots

Old 01-11-2003, 10:17 PM
PENMART01
Usenet poster

(Carnivore269) writes:

Oh god Ellen!
You are SO decadent. ;-)

Yes she is.

Old 02-11-2003, 03:25 AM
Rhonda Anderson
Usenet poster

Bob Pastorio wrote in
:

Carnivore269 wrote:

(SportKite1) wrote in message

What do you think is the best substitute for dates in a cookie
recipe? Could I use golden raisins? I don't like dates or prunes or
figs.

If you have a dehydrator, you can
make a wonderful approximation of dates from pureed fruit. Dry them to
an almost-leather consistency. Kiwis are good this way.

Geez, no wonder they're a threatened species...

http://www.kiwirecovery.org.nz/Kiwi/...eBird/Threats/

Sorry - it's just that to an Australian or a New Zealander, if you say
kiwi, you're either talking about the bird or a person who lives in New
Zealand. We refer to the fruit as kiwi fruit. I know it's common to just
say kiwi in the US, I just often get a bit of a laugh at this, depending on
the statement in question. Life was simpler when I was a kid - we just
called them Chinese gooseberries then. Marketing schemes have a lot to
answer for vbg.

--
Rhonda Anderson
Penrith, NSW, Australia