Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A new Kili update 4Dec

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!

:-/

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How

many potatoes would you like Peter?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one

please". She said "It's OK, you don't have to be polite" "Alright" I

said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterL" > wrote in message
.25...
> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>
> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>
> :-/
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia

I continue to keep good thoughts for Christy. I'm keeping up with the
Caring Bridge Updates but hadn't read this one yet, so thanks, Peter.

/rant on
I know just how confusing dealing with hospital staff can be. My mother had
a legal DNR (do not resuscitate) order and I had what is called Healthcare
Power of Attorney over her medical decisions. When she went in for tests I
gave the staff a copy of both documents. The information was never entered
into her chart and they lost the documents.

The doctors would not listen to me when I told her she was only on 3
medications at the time of admission per her primary care physician (a
gerontologist who makes house calls*). He had just done lab work a month
before and reduced her from 9 medications down to 3. I even gave them the
medications I'd brought from home; they ignored me. They put her
immediately back on the 9 she'd been taking when she was in the hospital
last January. By the time she finally came home they had her up to 30!!!
It's no wonder they kept telling me she was demented! As for the DNR, if
she had coded while in the hospital they would have ignored her wishes and
resucitated and done whatever to keep her alive, even as a shell on a
breathing machine. I was furious they lost the paperwork and it never got
into her chart.

*The organization of gerontologists don't have hospital privileges. They
treat patients at home, in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I
had her doctor call to speak with the doctors who were seeing her inpatient;
they never returned his calls.

The day she got home her doctor was here along with a nurse from the
hospice. She hadn't been given any of those 30 meds before discharge so she
was already much more cognizant when she got home. Her doctor reviewed the
list of those 30 meds with me and explained why the combination of all of
those drugs, particularly in an elderly patient, is contraindicated. Many
of them were for treating the exact same thing, duplications if you will.
Mom was just fine the next day, talking to me, making perfect sense. The
hospital made it sound like she was a raving lunatic. (When I went to see
her it was indeed as if her mind was gone.) Well no wonder, look what you
people did to her!
/rant off

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> "PeterL" > wrote in message
> .25...
>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>>
>> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>>
>> :-/
>>
>> --
>> Peter Lucas
>> Brisbane
>> Australia
>>

> I continue to keep good thoughts for Christy. I'm keeping up with the
> Caring Bridge Updates but hadn't read this one yet, so thanks, Peter.
>
> /rant on
> I know just how confusing dealing with hospital staff can be. My mother
> had a legal DNR (do not resuscitate) order and I had what is called
> Healthcare Power of Attorney over her medical decisions. When she went in
> for tests I gave the staff a copy of both documents. The information was
> never entered into her chart and they lost the documents.
>
> The doctors would not listen to me when I told her she was only on 3
> medications at the time of admission per her primary care physician (a
> gerontologist who makes house calls*). He had just done lab work a month
> before and reduced her from 9 medications down to 3. I even gave them the
> medications I'd brought from home; they ignored me. They put her
> immediately back on the 9 she'd been taking when she was in the hospital
> last January. By the time she finally came home they had her up to 30!!!
> It's no wonder they kept telling me she was demented! As for the DNR, if
> she had coded while in the hospital they would have ignored her wishes and
> resucitated and done whatever to keep her alive, even as a shell on a
> breathing machine. I was furious they lost the paperwork and it never got
> into her chart.

I gave them copies of the DNR and Order of power of attorney. I told them
they were originals, and I waited patiently for them to copy them and add
them to her chart before returning them to me.

I never let go of hard copy.

That's simply crazy about all the meds. They're working the other way with
Christy. They want to reduce the number of things she's on at any given
time as soon as it's no longer required.

At any rate, I'm heading back down to the jungle they call Tampa shortly.
I'd like to catch her conscious again. They only stop her sedatives once a
day.

OB food - The cafeteria has astoundingly good selections very reasonably
priced. Absolutely wonderful salad bar.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> "PeterL" > wrote in message
> .25...
>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>>
>> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>>
>> :-/
>>
>> --
>> Peter Lucas
>> Brisbane
>> Australia
>>

> I continue to keep good thoughts for Christy. I'm keeping up with the
> Caring Bridge Updates but hadn't read this one yet, so thanks, Peter.

No sweat.

> /rant on

All I can say to that is ... Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!!!

Thank God I live in Australia.

We have the occasional screw up for a Dr (and it's usually some foreign
******* as well), but *now* there's usually always someone there to be
right on their case.

Especially in light of "Dr. Death" .... Jayant Patel.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...r_jayant_patel
/index.html

> /rant off

I *hate* hospitals.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Life is a walk of death. Each day we walk hand in hand with death, and
nothing can guarantee our living one more day.
Treat every breath as the last, every heart beat, every moonrise, and every
smile.
For who can say they won't be... Ride the Wind's, and where ever they take
you, make it better, that is the way of the warrior.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TFM® > wrote in
. com:

> At any rate, I'm heading back down to the jungle they call Tampa
> shortly. I'd like to catch her conscious again. They only stop her
> sedatives once a day.

I wish I knew what to say to you. I went through this 12 years ago.

My wife was on morphine, but inexplicably, she woke up one evening and was
perfectly lucid for about an hour. We talked and watched Star Trek
together. Then she went back into the haze.

The day she passed, she had a visitor, and woke up completely again, enough
to have a very animated conversation for about another hour.

You have reserves of strength that you don't even know about yet. You
should make a formal request to the medical team to allow her to wake up,
so you can talk. It sounds like they are confused. I was lucky in that one
doctor, a very sensible one, had control over the whole situation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
PeterL > wrote:

> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>
> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>
> :-/

That is, unfortunately, common when one has SEVERAL doctors taking care
of one patient...

I see it all the time at work. :-(
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
TFM® > wrote:

> I gave them copies of the DNR and Order of power of attorney. I told them
> they were originals, and I waited patiently for them to copy them and add
> them to her chart before returning them to me.
>
> I never let go of hard copy.
>
> That's simply crazy about all the meds. They're working the other way with
> Christy. They want to reduce the number of things she's on at any given
> time as soon as it's no longer required.
>
> At any rate, I'm heading back down to the jungle they call Tampa shortly.
> I'd like to catch her conscious again. They only stop her sedatives once a
> day.
>
> OB food - The cafeteria has astoundingly good selections very reasonably
> priced. Absolutely wonderful salad bar.
>
> TFM®

Hang in there babe. I've tried to call a couple of times but I guess
you were not taking calls.

When would be a good time?
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> I *hate* hospitals.
>

> --
> Peter Lucas

So do I, and I work in one.

So do most of my co-workers and for the same reasons.
We see a lot of shit and it scares the hell out of us...
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFM®" > wrote in message
. com...

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> "PeterL" > wrote in message
>> .25...
>>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

> I gave them copies of the DNR and Order of power of attorney. I told them
> they were originals, and I waited patiently for them to copy them and add
> them to her chart before returning them to me.
>
> I never let go of hard copy.
>
> That's simply crazy about all the meds. They're working the other way
> with Christy. They want to reduce the number of things she's on at any
> given time as soon as it's no longer required.
>
> At any rate, I'm heading back down to the jungle they call Tampa shortly.
> I'd like to catch her conscious again. They only stop her sedatives once
> a day.
>
> OB food - The cafeteria has astoundingly good selections very reasonably
> priced. Absolutely wonderful salad bar.
>
> TFM®

Keep with it, I send my love to both of you. I'm sure Christy will just glow
at being with you. That's the impression she's given me over the time I've
read and corresponded with her in this group.

Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article > ,
> PeterL > wrote:
>
>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>>
>> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>>
>> :-/

> That is, unfortunately, common when one has SEVERAL doctors taking care
> of one patient...
>
> I see it all the time at work. :-(

That's why they get pay the big bucks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In Wisconsin the Power of Attorney for Health Care is not valid until
it is activated by two MD's.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
D K D K is offline

jmcquown wrote:
> "PeterL" > wrote in message
> .25...
>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>>
>> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>>
>> :-/
>>
>> --
>> Peter Lucas
>> Brisbane
>> Australia
>>

> I continue to keep good thoughts for Christy. I'm keeping up with the
> Caring Bridge Updates but hadn't read this one yet, so thanks, Peter.

You posted that she was dying and that the family was gathering before
the plug was pulled. Care to share where you got that information?

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> PeterL > wrote:
>
>> I *hate* hospitals.
>>

>> --
>> Peter Lucas

> So do I, and I work in one.
>
> So do most of my co-workers and for the same reasons.
> We see a lot of shit and it scares the hell out of us...

Thanks. I love to hear that sort of shit.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaich" > wrote in message ...
> TFM® > wrote in
> . com:
>
>> At any rate, I'm heading back down to the jungle they call Tampa
>> shortly. I'd like to catch her conscious again. They only stop her
>> sedatives once a day.

> I wish I knew what to say to you. I went through this 12 years ago.
>
> My wife was on morphine, but inexplicably, she woke up one evening and was
> perfectly lucid for about an hour. We talked and watched Star Trek
> together. Then she went back into the haze.
>
> The day she passed, she had a visitor, and woke up completely again,
> enough
> to have a very animated conversation for about another hour.
>
> You have reserves of strength that you don't even know about yet. You
> should make a formal request to the medical team to allow her to wake up,
> so you can talk. It sounds like they are confused. I was lucky in that one
> doctor, a very sensible one, had control over the whole situation.

I shall mark your message as unread, just so I can revisit it should the
time come. Then we can discuss the events.

I'm sorry for your loss,
TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Scott" > wrote in message
> Omelet wrote:
>> In article > ,
>> PeterL > wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>>>
>>> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>>>
>>> :-/

>> That is, unfortunately, common when one has SEVERAL doctors taking care
>> of one patient...
>>
>> I see it all the time at work. :-(

> That's why they get pay the big bucks

At this point I will stop reading this newsgroup. I will return eventually.
Or not.
Keep up with Christy on her caringbridge website.

My friends know how to reach me, her friends know where she is. Our friends
know both.

Goodbye and thank all of you.
I guess even knowing the truth, I can't stand to hear it.

This is not a move I make out of animosity, it's just one less load I have
to bear.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D K" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>> "PeterL" > wrote in message
>> .25...
>>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>>>
>>> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>>>
>>> :-/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter Lucas
>>> Brisbane
>>> Australia
>>>

>> I continue to keep good thoughts for Christy. I'm keeping up with the
>> Caring Bridge Updates but hadn't read this one yet, so thanks, Peter.
>>

> You posted that she was dying and that the family was gathering before the
> plug was pulled. Care to share where you got that information?
>
> -dk

Alright, one more post from me before I delete this group, just because Dan
is a friend.

Her liver has completely failed. It's shot. The liver failure will cause
multiple other organs to fail. First in line is the kidneys.

Her kidneys are holding on, but just barely. That line is a quote from a
doctor.

Prognosis, she is going to die.

I'd love for her to survive, but the doctors don't give her much of a
chance.

I hold on to the chance that they'll pull that ****ing tube out of her lungs
in time for me to talk to her one more time.

The doctors told me and her Brother that if any family members wanted to see
her, they should see her *NOW*.

What the **** does that tell you?

I try to keep my updates to Michael optimistic, but I know the truth.

I hope I'm wrong, God I hope I am.

Michael is a true friend as are many of you. Peter Lucas is included in
that group.

I can't list all the decent people in this group, nor do I want to list the
detractors. I'd like to think there are more of the decent.

When I click 'send', I will delete this newsgroup. I don't need added
tears.

Bye Y'all,
TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFM®" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Scott" > wrote in message
> > Omelet wrote:

> >> That is, unfortunately, common when one has SEVERAL doctors taking care
> >> of one patient...
> >>
> >> I see it all the time at work. :-(

> > That's why they get pay the big bucks

> At this point I will stop reading this newsgroup. I will return

eventually.
> Or not.
> Keep up with Christy on her caringbridge website.
>
> My friends know how to reach me, her friends know where she is. Our

friends
> know both.
>
> Goodbye and thank all of you.
> I guess even knowing the truth, I can't stand to hear it.
>
> This is not a move I make out of animosity, it's just one less load I have
> to bear.
>
> TFM®

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Allan}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sue in Maine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:08:56 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>The day she got home her doctor was here along with a nurse from the
>hospice. She hadn't been given any of those 30 meds before discharge so she
>was already much more cognizant when she got home. Her doctor reviewed the
>list of those 30 meds with me and explained why the combination of all of
>those drugs, particularly in an elderly patient, is contraindicated. Many
>of them were for treating the exact same thing, duplications if you will.
>Mom was just fine the next day, talking to me, making perfect sense. The
>hospital made it sound like she was a raving lunatic. (When I went to see
>her it was indeed as if her mind was gone.) Well no wonder, look what you
>people did to her!
>/rant off

With Baby Boomers entering old age, this sort of thing will eventually
be legislated against and there will be hospitals specializing in
gerontology if the other hospitals don't fall into line.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TFM® > wrote in news:4939e397$0$29759
:

> When I click 'send', I will delete this newsgroup. I don't need added
> tears.

You are in no shape to handle this stuff right now, as you have more
pressing issues to deal with.

After time passes, I hope you will come back, as there is much support here
for you. You will need it down the road.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TFM® wrote:

> Alright, one more post from me before I delete this group, just because
> Dan is a friend.
>
> Her liver has completely failed. It's shot. The liver failure will
> cause multiple other organs to fail. First in line is the kidneys.
>
> Her kidneys are holding on, but just barely. That line is a quote from
> a doctor.
>
> Prognosis, she is going to die.
>
> I'd love for her to survive, but the doctors don't give her much of a
> chance.
>
> I hold on to the chance that they'll pull that ****ing tube out of her
> lungs in time for me to talk to her one more time.
>
> The doctors told me and her Brother that if any family members wanted to
> see her, they should see her *NOW*.
>
> What the **** does that tell you?
>
> I try to keep my updates to Michael optimistic, but I know the truth.
>
> I hope I'm wrong, God I hope I am.
>

> Michael is a true friend as are many of you. Peter Lucas is included in
> that group.
>

> I can't list all the decent people in this group, nor do I want to list
> the detractors. I'd like to think there are more of the decent.
>
> When I click 'send', I will delete this newsgroup. I don't need added
> tears.

I'm so sorry. A friend of mine once speculated that there is only so
much grief in the universe, and only so much pain, and that when we
share we can lighten each other's load. Please know that there are many
hearts and minds sharing a part of this terrible weight.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 22:44:17 -0500, TFM® >
wrote:

>Her liver has completely failed. It's shot. The liver failure will cause
>multiple other organs to fail. First in line is the kidneys.
>
>Her kidneys are holding on, but just barely. That line is a quote from a
>doctor.
>
>Prognosis, she is going to die.

Oh, DAMN. Damn, damn, damn.

{{{HUGZ}}} to you!

Hoping your family is there for you. You need them.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
TFM® > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > PeterL > wrote:
> >
> >> I *hate* hospitals.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Peter Lucas

> > So do I, and I work in one.
> >
> > So do most of my co-workers and for the same reasons.
> > We see a lot of shit and it scares the hell out of us...

> Thanks. I love to hear that sort of shit.
>
> TFM®

I'm sorry. :-(
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D K" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>> "PeterL" > wrote in message
>> .25...
>>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
>>>
>>> Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
>>>
>>> :-/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter Lucas
>>> Brisbane
>>> Australia
>>>

>> I continue to keep good thoughts for Christy. I'm keeping up with the
>> Caring Bridge Updates but hadn't read this one yet, so thanks, Peter.
>>

> You posted that she was dying and that the family was gathering before the
> plug was pulled. Care to share where you got that information?
>
> -dk

Good lord, DK, you're a total dickhead. You're supposed to be her "cousin"?
Christy deserves some dignity and some peace. It's what she would want, not
your stupid senseless meaningless squabble with me. BTW, she thought it was
YOU invading the chat ng Anonymously to call me a ****, a whore, etc. She
was ashamed of you and your behavior.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gerontologists (WAS: A new Kili update 4Dec)

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:08:56 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>The day she got home her doctor was here along with a nurse from the
>>hospice. She hadn't been given any of those 30 meds before discharge so
>>she
>>was already much more cognizant when she got home. Her doctor reviewed
>>the
>>list of those 30 meds with me and explained why the combination of all of
>>those drugs, particularly in an elderly patient, is contraindicated. Many
>>of them were for treating the exact same thing, duplications if you will.
>>Mom was just fine the next day, talking to me, making perfect sense. The
>>hospital made it sound like she was a raving lunatic. (When I went to see
>>her it was indeed as if her mind was gone.) Well no wonder, look what you
>>people did to her!
>>/rant off

> With Baby Boomers entering old age, this sort of thing will eventually
> be legislated against and there will be hospitals specializing in
> gerontology if the other hospitals don't fall into line.

I don't know about legislation, but I was so grateful to find a group of
gerontologists in the area and an affiliated group of nurses who make
housecalls to draw blood, etc. for lab work. They understand elderly
patients aren't easily (or at all) mobile.

When Mom was discharged from the hospital the nurse there called with
instructions for me to take her for follow-up visits to four different
specialists (all of whom were unnecessary, one of whom she hadn't even seen
because the results of her chest CT was negative!). I said to the nurse,
she can't walk (you people saw to that when you let her break her hip in
your care). They knew I couldn't transport her home; they had to bring her
by ambulance. So, how the hell do you expect me to get her there to all
these follow-up visits? Are they planning to come to the house? The nurse
put me on hold for a minute, then said, "Um, just follow up with her
gerontologist". That's what I planned to do all along. And he was right
there when she was transported home and in her own bed.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
D K D K is offline

jmcquown wrote:
> "D K" > wrote in message
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> "PeterL" > wrote in message
>>> .25...

>>> I continue to keep good thoughts for Christy. I'm keeping up with
>>> the Caring Bridge Updates but hadn't read this one yet, so thanks,
>>> Peter.
>>>

>> You posted that she was dying and that the family was gathering before
>> the plug was pulled. Care to share where you got that information?
>>
>> -dk

> Good lord, DK, you're a total dickhead. You're supposed to be her
> "cousin"? Christy deserves some dignity and some peace. It's what she
> would want, not your stupid senseless meaningless squabble with me.
> BTW, she thought it was YOU invading the chat ng Anonymously to call me
> a ****, a whore, etc. She was ashamed of you and your behavior.
>
> Jill

Jill,

Last week I was looking for news about Christy from my office computer
when her situation had taken a bad turn. Google groups is not something
I visit/use often. I prefer to read the groups from home with a proper
newsreader. Right on top of my search I see this:

> jmcquown
> More options Nov 30, 2:29 pm
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
> From: "jmcquown" >
> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:29:24 -0500
> Subject: URGENT Kili Update (not good)
> Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
> kili/Christy can no longer breathe on her own. She's on a ventilator. Her
> husband is waiting for her mother and whatever other relatives to get there.
> Then she will be disconnected. And we all know what happens after that
>
> Jill

This was posted, by you, in some cat group. Other posts included you
bitching about people referring to Christy as if she were dead. Oh, the
irony...

You are a ****ing drama queen who seems to have the need to fabricate
lies to feed your narcissism and it's getting rather pathetic.

As far as your "chat" is concerned, there are several people who would
have posted those sentiments. Have you ever seen me hold anything back
right here in a public group? I'm not afraid to speak my mind right
here. I don't know you well enough to choose the words "****" and
"whore" but I can think of many others that suit you well.

I'm glad Allan has left the building so he doesn't have to read this
right now.

-dk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D K" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> You posted that she was dying and that the family was gathering before
>>> the plug was pulled. Care to share where you got that information?
>>>
>>> -dk

>> Good lord, DK, you're a total dickhead. You're supposed to be her
>> "cousin"? Christy deserves some dignity and some peace. It's what she
>> would want, not your stupid senseless meaningless squabble with me. BTW,
>> she thought it was YOU invading the chat ng Anonymously to call me a
>> ****, a whore, etc. She was ashamed of you and your behavior.
>>
>> Jill

> Jill,
>
> Last week I was looking for news about Christy from my office computer
> when her situation had taken a bad turn. Google groups is not something I
> visit/use often. I prefer to read the groups from home with a proper
> newsreader. Right on top of my search I see this:
>
>> jmcquown View profile
>> More options Nov 30, 2:29 pm
>> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
>> From: "jmcquown" >
>> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:29:24 -0500
>> Subject: URGENT Kili Update (not good)
>> Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
>> original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
>> kili/Christy can no longer breathe on her own. She's on a ventilator.
>> Her
>> husband is waiting for her mother and whatever other relatives to get
>> there.
>> Then she will be disconnected. And we all know what happens after that
>>

>> Jill

> This was posted, by you, in some cat group. Other posts included you
> bitching about people referring to Christy as if she were dead. Oh, the
> irony...
>
> You are a ****ing drama queen who seems to have the need to fabricate lies
> to feed your narcissism and it's getting rather pathetic.
>
> As far as your "chat" is concerned, there are several people who would
> have posted those sentiments. Have you ever seen me hold anything back
> right here in a public group? I'm not afraid to speak my mind right here.
> I don't know you well enough to choose the words "****" and "whore" but I
> can think of many others that suit you well.
>
> I'm glad Allan has left the building so he doesn't have to read this right
> now.
>
> -dk

I got that information directly from people who were in conversation with
Allan at the time, asshole. And BTW, she called me right before she ever
went into the hospital the first time and we spoke while she was in there
(before the great "DON'T CALL" thread). She told me herself she didn't
expect to make it back out. And this time she probably won't. So stop
riding on her coattails. She's dying so shut the **** up and let her go.
DicKhead

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

>> anything back right here in a public group? I'm not afraid to speak
>> my mind right here. I don't know you well enough to choose the words
>> "****" and "whore" but I can think of many others that suit you well.
>>
>> I'm glad Allan has left the building so he doesn't have to read this
>> right now.
>>
>> -dk
>>

> I got that information directly from people who were in conversation
> with Allan at the time, asshole. And BTW, she called me right before
> she ever went into the hospital the first time and we spoke while she
> was in there (before the great "DON'T CALL" thread). She told me
> herself she didn't expect to make it back out. And this time she
> probably won't. So stop riding on her coattails. She's dying so shut
> the **** up and let her go. DicKhead

I *REALLY* wish the both of you would grow at least 1oz of decency, and
take your petty ****ing bullshit to another thread.

Or better yet........... just STFU altogether.

To continue your petty bickering in this, or any 'Kili' thread, shows us
all what complete arseholes you really are.

Fight all you want......... just change the ****ing subject line. OK?

Have some decency, for ****'s sake!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Edmund Burke.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 7, 9:37*am, PeterL > wrote:

> I *REALLY* wish the both of you would grow at least 1oz of decency, and
> take your petty ****ing bullshit to another thread.
>
> Or better yet........... just STFU altogether.
>
> To continue your petty bickering in this, or any 'Kili' thread, shows us
> all what complete arseholes you really are.
>
> Fight all you want......... just change the ****ing subject line. OK?
>
> Have some decency, for ****'s sake!!

Fear and grief don't always bring out the best in people. I, too,
wish the threads about my good friend would remain civil. But I
understand the terror-driven anger that's being demonstrated. Let's
try to be positive, loving, and caring toward one another during this
extremely difficult time.

I know that Christy wouldn't like to see the mud slinging that is
taking place in her name right now. I dread the day that she passes,
but I'll also be happy for her, because she'll be out of pain. She
believes in the afterlife, so I hope she's not too afraid.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Dec 7, 9:37*am, PeterL > wrote:
>
> > I *REALLY* wish the both of you would grow at least 1oz of decency, and
> > take your petty ****ing bullshit to another thread.
> >
> > Or better yet........... just STFU altogether.
> >
> > To continue your petty bickering in this, or any 'Kili' thread, shows us
> > all what complete arseholes you really are.
> >
> > Fight all you want......... just change the ****ing subject line. OK?
> >
> > Have some decency, for ****'s sake!!

> Fear and grief don't always bring out the best in people. I, too,
> wish the threads about my good friend would remain civil. But I
> understand the terror-driven anger that's being demonstrated. Let's
> try to be positive, loving, and caring toward one another during this
> extremely difficult time.
>
> I know that Christy wouldn't like to see the mud slinging that is
> taking place in her name right now. I dread the day that she passes,
> but I'll also be happy for her, because she'll be out of pain. She
> believes in the afterlife, so I hope she's not too afraid.
>
> Carol

I've been thinking the same thing, but have been afraid to voice it...
Damn it! I don't want her to die!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On Dec 7, 9:37 am, PeterL > wrote:
>>
>>> I *REALLY* wish the both of you would grow at least 1oz of decency, and
>>> take your petty ****ing bullshit to another thread.
>>>
>>> Or better yet........... just STFU altogether.
>>>
>>> To continue your petty bickering in this, or any 'Kili' thread, shows us
>>> all what complete arseholes you really are.
>>>
>>> Fight all you want......... just change the ****ing subject line. OK?
>>>
>>> Have some decency, for ****'s sake!!

>> Fear and grief don't always bring out the best in people. I, too,
>> wish the threads about my good friend would remain civil. But I
>> understand the terror-driven anger that's being demonstrated. Let's
>> try to be positive, loving, and caring toward one another during this
>> extremely difficult time.
>>
>> I know that Christy wouldn't like to see the mud slinging that is
>> taking place in her name right now. I dread the day that she passes,
>> but I'll also be happy for her, because she'll be out of pain. She
>> believes in the afterlife, so I hope she's not too afraid.
>>
>> Carol

> I've been thinking the same thing, but have been afraid to voice it...
> Damn it! I don't want her to die!

Perhaps it's awful to say it, but sometimes death is the best to
be hoped for. I came to that realization when my mother had
pancreatic cancer. Of course, I really hope Kili survives and
that there is some miracle, but barring that... I am happy to
hear Kili believes in an afterlife.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default If you want to bitch, take it to another thread

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in news:5781d1ce-3557-
:

> On Dec 7, 9:37*am, PeterL > wrote:
>
>> I *REALLY* wish the both of you would grow at least 1oz of decency, and
>> take your petty ****ing bullshit to another thread.
>>
>> Or better yet........... just STFU altogether.
>>
>> To continue your petty bickering in this, or any 'Kili' thread, shows us
>> all what complete arseholes you really are.
>>
>> Fight all you want......... just change the ****ing subject line. OK?
>>
>> Have some decency, for ****'s sake!!

> Fear and grief don't always bring out the best in people.

This hasn't been about fear and grief Doc, it's just petty 'I can ****
further than you' bullshit.

>I, too,
> wish the threads about my good friend would remain civil.

I couldn't *believe* the shit that came out in the "Time for prayers"
thread.

All I can say is that there are peoples on this ng that really, *REALLY*
disgust me as to their behaviour in any thread relating to Christy.

And I have no doubts whatsoever that those same peoples will take that as a
compliment of the highest order.

> But I
> understand the terror-driven anger that's being demonstrated. Let's
> try to be positive, loving, and caring toward one another during this
> extremely difficult time.

There are quite a few people in here I don't get on with.

I either killfile them, or ignore them completely.

There's no need for hugging and kissing...... just let the common decency
rule apply.

> I know that Christy wouldn't like to see the mud slinging that is
> taking place in her name right now. I dread the day that she passes,
> but I'll also be happy for her, because she'll be out of pain. She
> believes in the afterlife, so I hope she's not too afraid.

I just hope they take the ****ing tubes out so Christy and Allan can at
least *talk* to each other :-(

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Life is a walk of death. Each day we walk hand in hand with death, and
nothing can guarantee our living one more day.
Treat every breath as the last, every heart beat, every moonrise, and every
smile.
For who can say they won't be... Ride the Wind's, and where ever they take
you, make it better, that is the way of the warrior.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 7, 10:23*am, PeterL > wrote:

> I just hope they take the ****ing tubes out so Christy and Allan can at
> least *talk* to each other :-(

That is the primary content of my prayers. I'm so frustrated for
them!

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 8, 3:23*am, PeterL > wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in news:5781d1ce-3557-
> :
>
> > On Dec 7, 9:37*am, PeterL > wrote:

> >> I *REALLY* wish the both of you would grow at least 1oz of decency, and
> >> take your petty ****ing bullshit to another thread.

> >> Or better yet........... just STFU altogether.

> >> To continue your petty bickering in this, or any 'Kili' thread, shows us
> >> all what complete arseholes you really are.

> >> Fight all you want......... just change the ****ing subject line. OK?

> >> Have some decency, for ****'s sake!!

> > Fear and grief don't always bring out the best in people. *

> This hasn't been about fear and grief Doc, it's just petty 'I can ****
> further than you' bullshit.
>
> >I, too,
> > wish the threads about my good friend would remain civil. *

> I couldn't *believe* the shit that came out in the "Time for prayers"
> thread.
>
> All I can say is that there are peoples on this ng that really, *REALLY*
> disgust me as to their behaviour in any thread relating to Christy.
>
> And I have no doubts whatsoever that those same peoples will take that as a
> compliment of the highest order.
>
> > But I
> > understand the terror-driven anger that's being demonstrated. *Let's
> > try to be positive, loving, and caring toward one another during this
> > extremely difficult time.

> There are quite a few people in here I don't get on with.
>
> I either killfile them, or ignore them completely.
>
> There's no need for hugging and kissing...... just let the common decency
> rule apply.
>

> > I know that Christy wouldn't like to see the mud slinging that is
> > taking place in her name right now. *I dread the day that she passes,
> > but I'll also be happy for her, because she'll be out of pain. *She
> > believes in the afterlife, so I hope she's not too afraid.

> I just hope they take the ****ing tubes out so Christy and Allan can at
> least *talk* to each other :-(
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> Life is a walk of death. Each day we walk hand in hand with death, and
> nothing can guarantee our living one more day.
> Treat every breath as the last, every heart beat, every moonrise, and every
> smile.
> For who can say they won't be... Ride the Wind's, and where ever they take
> you, make it better, that is the way of the warrior.

Not very sensitive pete...it would have been better to just say
nothing...and it wouldn't hurt to lose the sig too.
Stupid stupid man!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 7, 4:43�pm, Joe > wrote:
> On Dec 8, 3:23�am, PeterL > wrote:
>

> > Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in news:5781d1ce-3557-
> > :

> > > Fear and grief don't always bring out the best in people. �

> > This hasn't been about fear and grief Doc, it's just petty 'I can ****
> > further than you' bullshit.

> > >I, too,
> > > wish the threads about my good friend would remain civil. �

> > I couldn't *believe* the shit that came out in the "Time for prayers"
> > thread.

> > All I can say is that there are peoples on this ng that really, *REALLY*
> > disgust me as to their behaviour in any thread relating to Christy.

> > And I have no doubts whatsoever that those same peoples will take that as a
> > compliment of the highest order.

> > > But I
> > > understand the terror-driven anger that's being demonstrated. �Let's
> > > try to be positive, loving, and caring toward one another during this
> > > extremely difficult time.

> > There are quite a few people in here I don't get on with.

> > I either killfile them, or ignore them completely.

> > There's no need for hugging and kissing...... just let the common decency
> > rule apply.

> > > I know that Christy wouldn't like to see the mud slinging that is
> > > taking place in her name right now. �I dread the day that she passes,
> > > but I'll also be happy for her, because she'll be out of pain. �She
> > > believes in the afterlife, so I hope she's not too afraid.

> > I just hope they take the ****ing tubes out so Christy and Allan can at
> > least *talk* to each other :-(

> > --
> > Peter Lucas
> > Brisbane
> > Australia

> > Life is a walk of death. Each day we walk hand in hand with death, and
> > nothing can guarantee our living one more day.
> > Treat every breath as the last, every heart beat, every moonrise, and every
> > smile.
> > For who can say they won't be... Ride the Wind's, and where ever they take
> > you, make it better, that is the way of the warrior.

> Not very sensitive pete...it would have been better to just say
> nothing...and it wouldn't hurt to lose the sig too.
> Stupid stupid man

Stupid, absolutely... a man, not in a million years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Me Me is offline

PeterL wrote:

> I *REALLY* wish the both of you would grow at least 1oz of decency, and
> take your petty ****ing bullshit to another thread.
>

> Or better yet........... just STFU altogether.

YOU and decency now that is funny. Take your own advice dumbass, and STFU!

> To continue your petty bickering in this, or any 'Kili' thread, shows us
> all what complete arseholes you really are.

POT, KETTLE, BLACK....ASSHOLE!

> Have some decency, for ****'s sake!!

Take your own advice loser!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Me Me is offline

PeterL wrote:
> All I can say is that there are peoples on this ng that really, *REALLY*
> disgust me as to their behaviour in any thread relating to Christy.

And yet here you are piece of shit. Take your own advice and STFU.

> I either killfile them, or ignore them completely.

So why any are you not ignoring them and/or have them killfiled piece of
garbage? Thats because you yourself are a pile of shit with no redeeming
value whatsoever! You just can't help yourself!

To Allan and Kili/Christie I wish them the best.

me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:04:54 -0500, Jean B. wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>>>
>>> I know that Christy wouldn't like to see the mud slinging that is
>>> taking place in her name right now. I dread the day that she passes,
>>> but I'll also be happy for her, because she'll be out of pain. She
>>> believes in the afterlife, so I hope she's not too afraid.
>>>
>>> Carol

>> I've been thinking the same thing, but have been afraid to voice it...
>> Damn it! I don't want her to die!

> Perhaps it's awful to say it, but sometimes death is the best to
> be hoped for. I came to that realization when my mother had
> pancreatic cancer. Of course, I really hope Kili survives and
> that there is some miracle, but barring that... I am happy to
> hear Kili believes in an afterlife.

things may not be rosy, but she hasn't shuffled off yet. let's not dismiss
the possibility of her recovering.

your pal,
blke
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:04:54 -0500, Jean B. wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:
>>> In article

>>> I've been thinking the same thing, but have been afraid to voice it...
>>> Damn it! I don't want her to die!

>> Perhaps it's awful to say it, but sometimes death is the best to
>> be hoped for. I came to that realization when my mother had
>> pancreatic cancer. Of course, I really hope Kili survives and
>> that there is some miracle, but barring that... I am happy to
>> hear Kili believes in an afterlife.

> things may not be rosy, but she hasn't shuffled off yet. let's not
> the possibility of her recovering.

Miracles happen, they really do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:04:54 -0500, Jean B. wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:
>>> In article

>>> I've been thinking the same thing, but have been afraid to voice it...
>>> Damn it! I don't want her to die!

>> Perhaps it's awful to say it, but sometimes death is the best to
>> be hoped for. I came to that realization when my mother had
>> pancreatic cancer. Of course, I really hope Kili survives and
>> that there is some miracle, but barring that... I am happy to
>> hear Kili believes in an afterlife.

> things may not be rosy, but she hasn't shuffled off yet. let's not dismiss
> the possibility of her recovering.
>
> your pal,
> blke

I do really hope Kili recovers. The news of the past few days has
been encouraging.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 13:18:51 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

>I do really hope Kili recovers. The news of the past few days has
>been encouraging.

It most certainly *has* been encouraging! Keeping my fingers crossed
and hoping for the best.

Mae West