Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default half past 12: or midnight (PST)

Where is everybody? I left a "houseful" at this time last night!

Will post in ba.food about tonight's restaurant experience.

See you later (can't say tomorrow)!

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> Where is everybody? I left a "houseful" at this time last night!
>
> Will post in ba.food about tonight's restaurant experience.
>
> See you later (can't say tomorrow)!

There are some people posting but I'm not up for chat. I've got a movie
in the queue.

I'm trying to reduce the "stock" ingredients in the freezer right now
and plan to make stock cubes! Right now there is a pot full of roasted
rib bones, some shrimp shells, carrot tops, onion tops and skins and
celery tops. I'll toss all the solids when it's done at 1 hour after the
pressure comes up, and put this batch into ice cube trays. I also added
granulated garlic, salt free lemon pepper and a little potassium
chloride.

Should be good for sauces.

The dogs will get the rib bones.

I really do need to use that stuff up. Some of my "stock ingredient"
stash is nearing the 6 month mark and that's my limit.

I'll be making stock all week and stashing/freezing it for winter soups
and legumes. Split peas, black soy beans and lentils, as well as rice.
I never cook rice in water any more. Always in stock.

The beef stock, however, is reserved for french onion soup. ;-d Should
be especially good as the ribs were roasted first!
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Where is everybody? I left a "houseful" at this time last night!
>
> Will post in ba.food about tonight's restaurant experience.
>
> See you later (can't say tomorrow)!

I dropped in several times this evening and no one was around. It's now
4:17 EST and no one is there now, either. So I check the weather. Although
I can tell you it's been raining for four days straight now. That's all it
does here. I can't wait to go back home.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 04:18:06 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>> Where is everybody? I left a "houseful" at this time last night!
>>
>> Will post in ba.food about tonight's restaurant experience.
>>
>> See you later (can't say tomorrow)!

>I dropped in several times this evening and no one was around. It's now
>4:17 EST and no one is there now, either. So I check the weather. Although
>I can tell you it's been raining for four days straight now. That's all it
>does here. I can't wait to go back home.
>
>Jill

Sorry it's raining so much, Jill. There are parts of the country that
wish they had your precipitation! CA is included.

My evening was great. A topic on tonight's dinner is posted here and
on abf.

Toddling off to bed....

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 04:18:06 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>> Where is everybody? I left a "houseful" at this time last night!
>>>
>>> Will post in ba.food about tonight's restaurant experience.
>>>
>>> See you later (can't say tomorrow)!

>> weather. Although I can tell you it's been raining for four days
>> straight now. That's all it does here. I can't wait to go back
>> home.
>>

> Sorry it's raining so much, Jill. There are parts of the country that
> wish they had your precipitation! CA is included.

I'd send everyone rain if I could! Looks like more of the same all day
long. And it's hot and humid.

> My evening was great. A topic on tonight's dinner is posted here and
> on abf.

Can't see binary ng's, maybe you could post a link instead?

Jill