Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking

Default KFC 9.99 bucket

JonL wrote:
> Seerialmom wrote:
>>> whats a bucket consist of? one whole bird? .69 - .99/lb, figure about
>>> 3lb a bird.

>> Actually you only get 7 pieces (1 piece of breast, 2 wings, 2 legs, 2
>> thighs), mashed potatoes/gravy and 4 biscuits. So not quite a full
>> chicken there. Based on those ingredients it'd be very easy to make
>> the equivalent for under $9.99 and probably healthier by forgoing the
>> coating on the chicken.

> OIC....thanx.
> Hard to believe....only 5 pieces , plus 2 scrawny wings.....
> Rather get the whole cooked bird, about 3#, at the Kroger or Publix.

6 bucks for at least a 3lb rotisserie bird at costco.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Sunday circular from Aldi featured a chicken meal for under five
dollars:

whole frying chicken 79 cents a pound
pasta and sauce 66 cents (a packet of pasta plus seasoning)
canned peas 49 cents

The butter, oil, or margarine plus salt and pepper needed to roast a
nice chicken would add less than a dollar to the meal.

Tara

Ice Bucket [email protected] General Cooking 0 24-04-2008 12:29 PM
Ice Bucket [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 24-04-2008 12:29 PM
Chicken Bucket Dig General Cooking 12 16-08-2004 01:12 AM
This bitch wants to take away my bucket of KFC! Steve Chaney, aka Papa Gunnykins ® Vegan 6 19-10-2003 04:29 PM