Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lodge Color or Tramontina?

sf wrote in :

> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:57:35 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>in any case, your reasoning would seem to apply more to the
>>le crueset brand than to the lodge.

> Basically, I'm tired of hearing brand names bandied about
> as it matters one tiny bit to the end product. I don't
> care if your black cast iron is Lodge or the one that
> starts with G or not. Same with any other cookware. I
> don't need or want to know what brand it is. If you used a
> souffle dish, I don't care what brand it is (which makes
> as much difference as what color it is)... give me the
> important details like size.

Griswold. no longer manufactured, but generally reasonably
priced at antique stores (at least in my area).
and brand matters if you want a decent cast iron pan, & not
some cheap Chinese knock-off that has thick & thin spots,
pinholes, etc. Lodge is American-made.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..

> Griswold. no longer manufactured, but generally reasonably
> priced at antique stores (at least in my area).
> and brand matters if you want a decent cast iron pan, & not
> some cheap Chinese knock-off that has thick & thin spots,
> pinholes, etc. Lodge is American-made.
>
> lee

Lodge plain cast iron is American made. The porcelain coated dutch ovens
are "made in China". It doesn't say which part/s.

Boli