Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ATTN: How to Spell "Dr. Pepper"

On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.

OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
"Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:

Dr Pepper

You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
(whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.

Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Aug 8, 4:58*pm, Just Visiting >
wrote:
> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.

Why can't these "certain individuals" post for themselves? What have
they got on you to make you do their dirty work for them?

> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:

Why did these "certain individuals" choose you to enlighten? Does it
feel special to be chosen?

> Dr Pepper
>
> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink.

This is a strange place to be looking for a referral to a doctor.

> Also consider
> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

But I'm not affiliated with Coke, the Am. Med. Soc., or Snapple's
group. Why should I care about their period?

> I know that this may
> seem trivial to you

You can't know *how* trivial it seems.

> but these companies takes it very seriously.

Naw, if they took it seriously they'd have told us themselves, not
through you.

> I'm sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.

You mean the real Dr. Pepper, M.D.?

> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

What a relief! -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem > wrote in news:a5b6c71a-5414-490d-a235-
:

> On Aug 8, 4:58*pm, Just Visiting >
> wrote:
>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>

> Why can't these "certain individuals" post for themselves? What have
> they got on you to make you do their dirty work for them?
>
>> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:

> Why did these "certain individuals" choose you to enlighten? Does it
> feel special to be chosen?
>>
>> Dr Pepper
>>
>> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
>> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink.

> This is a strange place to be looking for a referral to a doctor.
>
>> Also consider
>> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
>> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

> But I'm not affiliated with Coke, the Am. Med. Soc., or Snapple's
> group. Why should I care about their period?
>
>> I know that this may
>> seem trivial to you

> You can't know *how* trivial it seems.
>
>> but these companies takes it very seriously.

> Naw, if they took it seriously they'd have told us themselves, not
> through you.
>
>> I'm sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>

> You mean the real Dr. Pepper, M.D.?
>
>> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

> What a relief! -aem

I spell it COKE.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Just Visiting wrote:
> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>
> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>
> Dr Pepper
>
> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>
> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

ATTN: You are a ****ing lunatic.

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:58:36 -0400, Just Visiting
> fired up random neurons and synapses
to opine:

>On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>
>OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>"Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>
>Dr Pepper

Pay attention. I posted the correct spelling over 2 weeks ago.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 8, 7:58�pm, Just Visiting >
wrote:
> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>
> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>
> Dr Pepper
>
> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>
> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

So does that mean it's really pronounced der pepper?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>
> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>
> Dr Pepper
>
> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>
> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

Well thank you Mr. Pibb! Without that worthless information I'd have only
gotten eight hours of sleep tonight!

TFM® - and my wife thinks I'm a nice guy...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> aem > wrote in news:a5b6c71a-5414-490d-a235-
> :
>
>> On Aug 8, 4:58 pm, Just Visiting >
>> wrote:
>>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>>

>> Why can't these "certain individuals" post for themselves? What have
>> they got on you to make you do their dirty work for them?
>>
>>> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>>> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>>> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:

>> Why did these "certain individuals" choose you to enlighten? Does it
>> feel special to be chosen?
>>>
>>> Dr Pepper
>>>
>>> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
>>> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink.

>> This is a strange place to be looking for a referral to a doctor.
>>
>>> Also consider
>>> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
>>> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

>> But I'm not affiliated with Coke, the Am. Med. Soc., or Snapple's
>> group. Why should I care about their period?
>>
>>> I know that this may
>>> seem trivial to you

>> You can't know *how* trivial it seems.
>>
>>> but these companies takes it very seriously.

>> Naw, if they took it seriously they'd have told us themselves, not
>> through you.
>>
>>> I'm sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>>

>> You mean the real Dr. Pepper, M.D.?
>>
>>> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

>> What a relief! -aem
>>

> I spell it COKE.
>
> --
>
> The house of the burning beet-Alan

Salute! Hey Howdy! Hotdamn!

Been tryin' to tell my wife and everybody else down here in Sofla there
ain't no such word as "soda".

"Goin' to the store, you want anything?"

"Yep. Get me a coke."

"What kind you want?"

"7-Up"

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to Spell "Dr. Pepper"

Just Visiting > wrote:
> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.

I sincerely doubt anyone on this newsgroup asked you to keep posting drivel
about a friggin soft drink. I'm 99.999% sure no one gives a rip.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

> Just Visiting > wrote:
>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>

> I sincerely doubt anyone on this newsgroup asked you to keep posting
> drivel about a friggin soft drink. I'm 99.999% sure no one gives a rip.
>
> Jill

Jill,

LOLOL!!!

I LOVE your attitude!!! <smootch>

Andy
0.001%

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 08:20:25 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>I sincerely doubt anyone on this newsgroup asked you

Ten responses...someone cared.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:58:36 -0400, Just Visiting
> > fired up random neurons and synapses
> to opine:
>
>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>
>> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>>
>> Dr Pepper

> Pay attention. I posted the correct spelling over 2 weeks ago.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

I caught that one, Terry. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:58:36 -0400, Just Visiting wrote:

> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>
> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>
> Dr Pepper
>
> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>
> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

yeah, i'll get right on it.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:33:00 -0400, DK wrote:

> Just Visiting wrote:
>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>
>> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>>
>> Dr Pepper
>>
>> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
>> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
>> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
>> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
>> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
>> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>
>> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

> ATTN: You are a ****ing lunatic.
>
> -dk

that's 'dr lunatic' to you. note, no period.

your pal,
mr. big

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:33:31 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:58:36 -0400, Just Visiting
> fired up random neurons and synapses
>to opine:
>
>>On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>
>>OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>>"Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>>enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>>
>>Dr Pepper

>Pay attention. I posted the correct spelling over 2 weeks ago.
>
>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

And thank you for helping to clarify this legal matter. Although, it
seems to be getting rather ugly around here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Just Visiting wrote:
>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>
>> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>>
>> Dr Pepper
>>
>> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
>> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
>> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
>> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
>> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
>> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>
>> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

>ATTN: You are a ****ing lunatic.
>
>-dk

You might need to back off your hormones a bit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 08 Aug 2008 04:58:36p, Just Visiting told us...

> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>
> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>
> Dr Pepper
>
> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>
> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

Maybe you'd like to use...

Docteur Poivre

Monsieur Pibb

No periods involved.

Date: Saturday, August(VIII) 9th(IX),2008(MMVIII)

Countdown till Labor Day
3wks 1dys 7hrs 58mins
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell
you how to get along without it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:33:00 -0400, DK wrote:
>
>> Just Visiting wrote:
>>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>>
>>> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>>> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>>> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>>>
>>> Dr Pepper
>>>
>>> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
>>> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
>>> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
>>> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
>>> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
>>> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>>
>>> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

>> ATTN: You are a ****ing lunatic.
>>
>> -dk

> that's 'dr lunatic' to you. note, no period.
>
> your pal,
> mr. big

That's "Mr Big" - no period.

-dk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Just Visiting wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:33:00 -0400, DK >
> wrote:
>
>> Just Visiting wrote:
>>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>>
>>> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>>> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>>> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>>>
>>> Dr Pepper
>>>
>>> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
>>> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
>>> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
>>> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
>>> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
>>> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>>
>>> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.

>> ATTN: You are a ****ing lunatic.
>>
>> -dk

> You might need to back off your hormones a bit.

No, I think I have you figured out quite well.

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 17:37:36 -0700 (PDT), aem >
wrote:

>> I'm sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>

>You mean the real Dr. Pepper, M.D.?

Or maybe this Dr. Pepper, the philosopher:
https://people.sunyit.edu/~harrell/Pepper/Index.htm
--

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:54:43 -0500, "modom (palindrome guy)"
> wrote:

>On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 17:37:36 -0700 (PDT), aem >
>wrote:
>
>>> I'm sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>>

>>You mean the real Dr. Pepper, M.D.?
>>

>Or maybe this Dr. Pepper, the philosopher:
>https://people.sunyit.edu/~harrell/Pepper/Index.htm

Oh, wow! That is soooo gooood! Thank yooouuu!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:42:42 -0400, DK wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:

>>> ATTN: You are a ****ing lunatic.
>>>
>>> -dk

>> that's 'dr lunatic' to you. note, no period.
>>
>> your pal,
>> mr. big

> That's "Mr Big" - no period.
>
> -dk

yeah, i suppose mister big wouldn't have a period - it would make him look
weak.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:23:35 -0400, Just Visiting wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:33:31 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> > wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:58:36 -0400, Just Visiting
> fired up random neurons and synapses
>>to opine:
>>
>>>On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>>
>>>OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>>>"Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>>>enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>>>
>>>Dr Pepper

>>Pay attention. I posted the correct spelling over 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

> And thank you for helping to clarify this legal matter. Although, it
> seems to be getting rather ugly around here.

just in your general vicinity.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 23:03:04 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Fri 08 Aug 2008 04:58:36p, Just Visiting told us...
>
>> On behalf of certain individuals, this post has been made.
>>
>> OK, I've been looking at some posts and most people are not spelling
>> "Dr. Pepper" correctly - myself included until certain individuals
>> enlightened me. So, please, examine the following:
>>
>> Dr Pepper
>>
>> You'll notice that there is no period after "Dr" because if there is,
>> you'll be referring to a doctor instead of a soft drink. Also consider
>> that this is a legal matter between the Coca-Cola company, AMA
>> (whoever that is) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I know that this may
>> seem trivial to you but these companies takes it very seriously. I'm
>> sure Dr. Pepper would like to thank you, too.
>>
>> Please note: It's okay to use a period in Mr. Pibb.
>>

> Maybe you'd like to use...
>
> Docteur Poivre
>
> Monsieur Pibb
>
> No periods involved.