Eggplant Parmesan side dish ideas?

Old 29-07-2008, 01:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Eggplant Parmesan side dish ideas?

Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 29-07-2008, 01:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:

Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Nothing. It's a whole meal in itself and doesn't need a side dish. SOmetimes
it gets used as a side dish, too, but I've never seen the opposite.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Old 29-07-2008, 01:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anthony Ferrante" wrote in message
Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Thanks,
Anthony

Pasta, garden salad, broccoli

Old 29-07-2008, 01:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:
Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Salad!
Or anything green with a tart or vinegary taste to compliment the
cheesiness of the eggplant. That could be broccoli served with a
vinaigrette, or lightly cooked spinach or kale sauteed in the fry pan
and finished with a little lemon and garlic.

--Lia

Old 29-07-2008, 04:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante said...

Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Thanks,
Anthony

Why am I thinking applesauce?!? Probably not a good idea. I tend to stray
from popular opinion.

Good luck,

Andy
Old 29-07-2008, 04:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:
Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Thanks,
Anthony

Simple green salad; cucumber salad; fruit salad?

gloria p
Old 29-07-2008, 04:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:
Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Thanks,
Anthony

Salad. Garlic bread.

Leftovers make good sandwiches. I was just thinking of that while
showering. Mine would just be the (unbreaded) eggplant parm,
heated obviously, and crushed red peppers. Speaking of the ones
in jars in a vinegar solution, sold here in the Italian section of
the supermarket.

--
Jean B.
Old 29-07-2008, 05:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

On Jul 29, 5:51*am, Anthony Ferrante
wrote:
Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Garlic toast, a green salad and a good Italian red. Then again, those
are my standard accompaniments to almost any Italian main dish. I'm
in a rut but it's not a bad one to be in. -aem
Old 29-07-2008, 06:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Garlic toast, a green salad and a good Italian red. Then again, those
are my standard accompaniments to almost any Italian main dish. I'm
in a rut but it's not a bad one to be in. -aem

Heh. GMTA and all that. (I am, alas, not a wine drinker.)

--
Jean B.
Old 29-07-2008, 06:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote

Leftovers make good sandwiches. I was just thinking of that while
showering. Mine would just be the (unbreaded) eggplant parm,
heated obviously, and crushed red peppers. Speaking of the ones
in jars in a vinegar solution, sold here in the Italian section of
the supermarket.

Nice, do they carry "cipolline in agrodolce" too? That should be
translated as "sweesour little onions". They are very nice as an
appetizer along with olives. And a white sparkler if you drink wine
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Old 29-07-2008, 07:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote in
:

Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Thanks,
Anthony

Wine. A bottle per person at least.
Old 29-07-2008, 07:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:51:41 -0400, Anthony Ferrante
wrote:

Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Thanks,
Anthony

Veal Parmesan for those who are carnivores.
Old 30-07-2008, 02:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Vilco wrote:
Jean B. wrote

Leftovers make good sandwiches. I was just thinking of that while
showering. Mine would just be the (unbreaded) eggplant parm,
heated obviously, and crushed red peppers. Speaking of the ones
in jars in a vinegar solution, sold here in the Italian section of
the supermarket.

Nice, do they carry "cipolline in agrodolce" too? That should be
translated as "sweesour little onions". They are very nice as an
appetizer along with olives. And a white sparkler if you drink wine

Not at my supermarket. But I have access to at least three nice
Italian stores that I can think of immediately.

--
Jean B.
Old 30-07-2008, 02:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Anthony Ferrante wrote:

Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

Thanks,
Anthony

The same side dishes that go with chicken parmesan go with eggplant
parmesan. Spaghetti in marinara sauce is probably the best option, but
roast potatoes adorned with fresh rosemary, crushed garlic, and olive
oil would also be a good choice. For a green vegetable, maybe sauteed
spinach.
Old 30-07-2008, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
isw

In article ,
Anthony Ferrante wrote:

Tuesday night I am going to make Eggplant Parmesan for the first time.
What would be a good and simple side dish to go with it?

The only proper side (IMO, of course) is pasta dressed with garlic
(lots) and oil.

Now I'm hungry.

Isaac