Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pressure Cookers.

I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth it? Are
they safe?

We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
appeals to me :-)

http://www.pressurecooker.com.au/About%20Us.html

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterLucas" wrote

> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth it?
> Are
> they safe?

Safe if used properly.

> We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
> appeals to me :-)

Although they can be a good timesaver, it's not like you load it and have
food 10 mins later. You have to first heat it to pressure level and *then*
it's 10 mins cooking time, then you have to let it cool to reduce the
pressure before you can eat.

I have a simple one. Took 10 mins to hit pressure, and 10 too cool off on a
so called '8 minute recipe'. In that specific case, the stove top alone was
faster than 30 mins to use a pressure cooker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth it? Are
> they safe?

Yes, and yes. The old-fashioned ones weren't as safe, but the new
generation of pressure-cookers are a whole different beast.

> We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
> appeals to me :-)

Well, that's certainly not going to be your average cooking time,
especially if you include the times coming up to pressure and releasing
pressure, but yeah, much faster than stovetop or oven. I can do a
fork-tender pot roast in about 50 minutes at high pressure; potatoes
take 5 minutes; wheatberries, which take a couple hours on the stove,
take about 35 minutes in the cooker. And so on.

A great place to get pressure-cooker info is missvickie.com

Serene
--
"I think I have an umami receptor that has developed sentience." -- Stef
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 02:58:02 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas wrote:

> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth it? Are
> they safe?

Gee, nobody's ever asked that before. At least not today, that is.

Maybe if you weren't so busy blabbing all your off-topic trash you
might have learned something.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 1, 7:58�pm, PeterLucas > wrote:

> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one.
> Are they worth it? Are they safe?

Ask Om, if you can find her. She thinks they're swell.
I have a mental picture of her with her pressure cooker,
chicken feet, guns and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KevinS > wrote:
> On Jul 1, 7:58�pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
>
> > I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one.
> > Are they worth it? Are they safe?

> Ask Om, if you can find her. She thinks they're swell.
> I have a mental picture of her with her pressure cooker,
> chicken feet, guns and ammo.

And a deep fryer!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> KevinS > wrote:
>> On Jul 1, 7:58�pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
>>
>> > I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one.
>> > Are they worth it? Are they safe?

>> Ask Om, if you can find her. She thinks they're swell.
>> I have a mental picture of her with her pressure cooker,
>> chicken feet, guns and ammo.

> And a deep fryer!
>
> Jill

And you've never deep fried anything??

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:

> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth it?
> Are they safe?
>
> We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
> appeals to me :-)

Never been a fan of pressure cookers myself. However, Dad likes his, and
uses it here a lot. In fact, he made a rather good goulash in it yesterday.
It hasn't blown up (yet) <lol> and it's pretty old - so I reckon they must
be safer than I thought...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-07-02, KevinS > wrote:

> I have a mental picture of her with her pressure cooker,
> chicken feet, guns and ammo.

I like it!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas > wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in
> :
>
> > KevinS > wrote:

> > > Ask Om, if you can find her. She thinks they're swell.
> > > I have a mental picture of her with her pressure cooker,
> > > chicken feet, guns and ammo.

> > And a deep fryer!
> >

> And you've never deep fried anything??

Did I say that? No, I did not. I just remember OM getting all excited
about her new deep fryer. She was deep frying everything in sight!

I haven't deep fried anything in about 10 years (used a "wok pan" to deep
fry breaded sliced yellow squash). I don't own a deep fryer; I haven't had
one since I nixed my "Fry Daddy" around 1986.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy > wrote:
> PeterLucas wrote:
>
> > I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth
> > it? Are they safe?
> >
> > We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
> > appeals to me :-)

> Never been a fan of pressure cookers myself. However, Dad likes his,
> and uses it here a lot. In fact, he made a rather good goulash in it
> yesterday. It hasn't blown up (yet) <lol> and it's pretty old - so I
> reckon they must be safer than I thought...

Mom still has one I remember from when I was a small child. Wouldn't trust
it as far as I could throw it. I gather they are a bit safer these days
than the 1960 models

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> PeterLucas > wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in
>> :

>> > And a deep fryer!
>> >

>> And you've never deep fried anything??

> Did I say that? No, I did not. I just remember OM getting all
> excited about her new deep fryer. She was deep frying everything in
> sight!
>
> I haven't deep fried anything in about 10 years (used a "wok pan" to
> deep fry breaded sliced yellow squash). I don't own a deep fryer; I
> haven't had one since I nixed my "Fry Daddy" around 1986.

Methinks she doth protest too much.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> PeterLucas > wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in
>> :

>> > And a deep fryer!

OK.

What's your 'mental' picture of me?

Enquiring minds would like to know.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote in
:

> On 2008-07-02, KevinS > wrote:
>
>> I have a mental picture of her with her pressure cooker,
>> chicken feet, guns and ammo.

> I like it!
>
> nb

OK, so we've established that you're a kinky *******.

Got a good recipe for the feet?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy > wrote in
:

> PeterLucas wrote:
>
>> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth
>> it? Are they safe?
>>
>> We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
>> appeals to me :-)

> Never been a fan of pressure cookers myself. However, Dad likes his,
> and uses it here a lot. In fact, he made a rather good goulash in it
> yesterday. It hasn't blown up (yet) <lol> and it's pretty old - so I
> reckon they must be safer than I thought...

Hmmmmmm, the SO is a tad ambivalent about us acquiring one.
She seems to recall exploding food etc, etc, from her childhood days.

For me it'll be another experience.

I've never tried it before. And you really should try most things
'connected' to your life at least once.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nobody > wrote in
:

> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 02:58:02 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas wrote:
>
>> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth
>> it? Are they safe?

> Gee, nobody's ever asked that before.

Haven't you?

Silly you then.

> At least not today, that is.

Is that as far back as your fading memory goes?

> Maybe if you weren't so busy blabbing all your off-topic trash you
> might have learned something.

And here I am, "on topic"...... and all you want to do is bitch and
whine..... and not offer any advice whatsoever.

I think this is a case of '**** you, noddy'........ Oops, that should be
'**** you, nobody'........... either way, you're a nobody.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-07-02, PeterLucas > wrote:

>>> I have a mental picture of her with her pressure cooker,
>>> chicken feet, guns and ammo.

>> I like it!

> Got a good recipe for the feet?

Well, I was focusing more on the other three, not being one who normally
eats food parts that spend most of their pre-demise time wading around in
crap. But, I'm also open to suggestion. Whatever you do with them, I'm
sure they will cook faster in a P/C.

fYou might do a grougle search for chicken feet on rfc, as I seem to recall a
rather long discussion of their merits some time back.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth it? Are
> they safe?
>
> We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
> appeals to me :-)
>

> http://www.pressurecooker.com.au/About%20Us.html

Pressure cookers are great for some things (Pot roasts, stuffed cabbage
for example). As for the cooking times...Figure it will cut the time
down by about 1/2 when you factor in bringing it up to pressure and
waiting for the pressure to go back down so the pot is safe to open. You
can reduce the cool down time by setting the pot in the sink and running
cold water over it until the pressure
As for safety, they are perfectly safe provided you follow a couple
of simple rules..
1) Never, ever open the pot while it is under pressure - Modern
pressure cookers have a safety interlock that prevents you from doing this.
2) Never, ever remove the pressure weight from the steam vent stem
while the pot is under pressure. At a minimum you will end up with your
meal pureed all over your ceiling at worse, some third degree burns from
the steam.
And one more,
3) Make sure the steam vent is free from obstructions and that all
of safety valves and seals are in good repair.

My mom used a pressure cooker for over 50 years without mishap and this
was one from the pre-safety feature days...I've continued to use the
same one since her death several years ago.

Other than the above, the only caution I can think of is that you buy
one made by a reputable manufacture.

Enjoy,
George
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Cebulka > wrote in news:g4g99c$plt$1
@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

> Other than the above, the only caution I can think of is that you buy
> one made by a reputable manufacture.
>
> Enjoy,
> George

And inspect the gasket on every use.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-07-02, George Cebulka > wrote:

> As for safety, they are perfectly safe provided you follow a couple
> of simple rules..
> 1) Never, ever open the pot while it is under pressure - Modern
> pressure cookers have a safety interlock that prevents you from doing this.
> 2) Never, ever remove the pressure weight from the steam vent stem
> while the pot is under pressure. At a minimum you will end up with your
> meal pureed all over your ceiling at worse, some third degree burns from
> the steam.
> And one more,
> 3) Make sure the steam vent is free from obstructions and that all
> of safety valves and seals are in good repair.

> Other than the above, the only caution I can think of is that you buy
> one made by a reputable manufacture.

All good advice, George, but you forgot a one biggie ....DO NOT overfill the
cooker! IOW, do not fill the pressure cooker too full or the cooked
ingredients may expand to the point where they interfere with one of the
safety valves. All P/Cs have very detailed instructions on their use, so
read the manual carefullly and follow saftey guidlines and you should never
have a problem.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth it? Are
> they safe?
>
> We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
> appeals to me :-)
>

> http://www.pressurecooker.com.au/About%20Us.html

Actually, after looking at the prices on the web site, you could save a
lot of money by buying one at the Australia equivalent of Wal-Mart,
Sears or Target. You should be able to get a nice basic one for under
$75 US.
I'd opt for a stainless steel one via aluminum one. Aluminum will react
with acidic foods IIRC.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2008-07-02, George Cebulka > wrote:
>
>> As for safety, they are perfectly safe provided you follow a couple
>> of simple rules..
>> 1) Never, ever open the pot while it is under pressure - Modern
>> pressure cookers have a safety interlock that prevents you from doing this.
>> 2) Never, ever remove the pressure weight from the steam vent stem
>> while the pot is under pressure. At a minimum you will end up with your
>> meal pureed all over your ceiling at worse, some third degree burns from
>> the steam.
>> And one more,
>> 3) Make sure the steam vent is free from obstructions and that all
>> of safety valves and seals are in good repair.

>> Other than the above, the only caution I can think of is that you buy
>> one made by a reputable manufacture.

> All good advice, George, but you forgot a one biggie ....DO NOT overfill the
> cooker! IOW, do not fill the pressure cooker too full or the cooked
> ingredients may expand to the point where they interfere with one of the
> safety valves. All P/Cs have very detailed instructions on their use, so
> read the manual carefullly and follow saftey guidlines and you should never
> have a problem.
>
> nb

Good Catch and very good advice. The reason for this is that the steam
vent could become obstructed, causing the safety seal to blow out
causing your food to end up pureed all over your ceiling (and wall
depending on the lid design) in addition to the burn factor.

Here is a good basic recipe for a pressure cooking newbie.

1 2-3 lb tough cut of meat type roast
salt, pepper to taste
small onion
bit of garlic
bay leaf
whatever other seasonings you like with a roast
1/2 cup of water ( you may want to add a bit more water, but you
shouldn't need more that a cup. You want to steam, not boil the meat)

Brown the roast
put roast on rack in the pot
dump in the water
add seasonings
lightly oil the lid gasket (prevents sticking)
put the lid on the pot, put the seam weight on the steam stem.
Turn the heat on medium until the weight starts to rock and rattle then
cut the heat back until the weight is gently rocking
cook for 1 hour, turn off the heat and let the pressure go down.
At this point you should have a nice, tender roast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > PeterLucas > wrote:
> > > "jmcquown" > wrote in
> > > :
> > >

> What's your 'mental' picture of me?

I don't have one.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote:

> > > I like it!

> > Got a good recipe for the feet?

> Well, I was focusing more on the other three, not being one who
> normally eats food parts that spend most of their pre-demise time
> wading around in crap. But, I'm also open to suggestion. Whatever
> you do with them, I'm sure they will cook faster in a P/C.
>
> fYou might do a grougle search for chicken feet on rfc, as I seem to
> recall a rather long discussion of their merits some time back.
>
> nb

I believe they are supposed to contribute nicely to rich chicken stock.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Cebulka" wrote

> Here is a good basic recipe for a pressure cooking newbie.
>
> 1 2-3 lb tough cut of meat type roast
> salt, pepper to taste
> small onion
> bit of garlic
> bay leaf
> whatever other seasonings you like with a roast
> 1/2 cup of water ( you may want to add a bit more water, but you shouldn't
> need more that a cup. You want to steam, not boil the meat)

Decent pick. Also note Peter is in OZ. Peter, I'm told by my Aussie
friends that Roo does really well in a pressure cooker as does lamb (hogget
or mutton to you).

For the Roo tail, you may want to use a beef broth vs water and add a little
fat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-07-02, jmcquown > wrote:

> I believe they are supposed to contribute nicely to rich chicken stock.

I seem to recall that's what I got out of that thread, too, Jill. Good for
chicken brothy flavor with lotsa gelatin. I still haven't tried it, there
being virtually zero chicken feet suppliers, hereabouts. Lips are even
rarer.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:

> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one.
> Are they worth it? Are they safe?

No, they're very dangerous. They're all made
by companies that you can't sue because they're
in China. Most of the people who buy them are
smokers, so the relative risk is not that high.
Do you smoke? If so, don't worry about the risk.
Just enjoy, while you can. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2008-07-02, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> I believe they are supposed to contribute nicely to rich chicken stock.

> I seem to recall that's what I got out of that thread, too, Jill. Good
> for
> chicken brothy flavor with lotsa gelatin. I still haven't tried it, there
> being virtually zero chicken feet suppliers, hereabouts. Lips are even
> rarer.

Ahem. The lips are right next to the hens' teeth in our stupid markets, IIRC

:-)

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jul 1, 7:58*pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth it?

Pressure cooking is a specialty. Done badly your stews will be mushy,
your vegetables will be extremely overcooked, your soups will lack
texture. So if you buy one, take the time and make the effort to
learn how to do it well. Look at the recipes on the website you
provided, for example. Some of them look like recipes for (culinary)
disaster to me.

> Are they safe?

Are you a careful, methodical person who routinely pays attention to
details? Then they're safe. Are you not? They're not. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" wrote

>Pressure cooking is a specialty. Done badly your stews will be mushy,
>your vegetables will be extremely overcooked, your soups will lack
>texture. So if you buy one, take the time and make the effort to
>learn how to do it well. Look at the recipes on the website you
>provided, for example. Some of them look like recipes for (culinary)
>disaster to me.

Same for crockpots (slow cookers) of which I am a specialist. The
difference is I can add a veggie 'midway in the cooking' but with a pressure
cooker that's not gonna happen while at pressure.

I have a pressure canner for small jobs, but find it useless for any other
sort of cookery for *my* habits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jul 2, 11:06*am, "cshenk" > wrote:
> "aem" wrote
>
> >Pressure cooking is a specialty. *Done badly your stews will be mushy,
> >your vegetables will be extremely overcooked, your soups will lack
> >texture. *So if you buy one, take the time and make the effort to
> >learn how to do it well. *Look at the recipes on the website you
> >provided, for example. *Some of them look like recipes for (culinary)
> >disaster to me.

> Same for crockpots (slow cookers) of which I am a specialist. *The
> difference is I can add a veggie 'midway in the cooking' but with a pressure
> cooker that's not gonna happen while at pressure.

Yes, the pitfalls of misuse seem similar to me. The struggle to get
crockpotters to learn how to use their appliance well was lost long
ago, save for a small minority. Perhaps there is still hope for
pressure cookers. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> Same for crockpots (slow cookers) of which I am a specialist. The
> difference is I can add a veggie 'midway in the cooking' but with
> a pressure cooker that's not gonna happen while at pressure.

That gives me an idea for a new invention: a pressure
cooker with a little airlock door, so you _can_ add
vegetables (or anything else) during cooking without
losing the pressure.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas > wrote in
.25:

> I've seen an ad and we're thinking about buying one. Are they worth
> it? Are they safe?
>
> We've never used one before, and the idea of a cooked meal in 10mins
> appeals to me :-)
>

> http://www.pressurecooker.com.au/About%20Us.html

They are nice for thigns like beans which you can get done in no time. Just
need to be carful because at least in my experience things can go from
"done" to "baby food" in no time.

I love to use moine for mashed potatoes too. Done in no time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George Cebulka > wrote:

> waiting for the pressure to go back down so the pot is safe to open. You
> can reduce the cool down time by setting the pot in the sink and running
> cold water over it until the pressure
> George

For some things, though, you're supposed to let the pressure drop
naturally. I'd follow the manual until I was comfortable with using it.
I've used one for at least 30 years without incident. Mine's a Presto
with a fixed-pressure weight.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Huffy and Bubbles Do France: http://www.jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> All good advice, George, but you forgot a one biggie ....DO NOT overfill the
> cooker! IOW, do not fill the pressure cooker too full or the cooked
> ingredients may expand to the point where they interfere with one of the
> safety valves. All P/Cs have very detailed instructions on their use, so
> read the manual carefullly and follow saftey guidlines and you should never
> have a problem.
>
> nb

Hear, hear!!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Huffy and Bubbles Do France: http://www.jamlady.eboard.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>> Same for crockpots (slow cookers) of which I am a specialist. The
>> difference is I can add a veggie 'midway in the cooking' but with
>> a pressure cooker that's not gonna happen while at pressure.

> That gives me an idea for a new invention: a pressure
> cooker with a little airlock door, so you _can_ add
> vegetables (or anything else) during cooking without
> losing the pressure.

Why bother? Just stick the pot under cold running water, lower the
pressure. open the lid, add whatever, put the lid back on, put it back
on the heat and bring the pressure back up..Not as easy as taking the
lid off of a crockpot, but, not impossible either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> "aem" wrote
>
>> Pressure cooking is a specialty. Done badly your stews will be mushy,
>> your vegetables will be extremely overcooked, your soups will lack
>> texture. So if you buy one, take the time and make the effort to
>> learn how to do it well. Look at the recipes on the website you
>> provided, for example. Some of them look like recipes for (culinary)
>> disaster to me.

> Same for crockpots (slow cookers) of which I am a specialist. The
> difference is I can add a veggie 'midway in the cooking' but with a pressure
> cooker that's not gonna happen while at pressure.
>
> I have a pressure canner for small jobs, but find it useless for any other
> sort of cookery for *my* habits.

So what is the difference between a pressure cooker and a pressure canner?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> George Cebulka > wrote:
>
>> waiting for the pressure to go back down so the pot is safe to open. You
>> can reduce the cool down time by setting the pot in the sink and running
>> cold water over it until the pressure
>> George

> For some things, though, you're supposed to let the pressure drop
> naturally. I'd follow the manual until I was comfortable with using it.
> I've used one for at least 30 years without incident. Mine's a Presto
> with a fixed-pressure weight.

True. My mom never used the cool by water method. When she saw me do it,
she would get one of those stern thin lipped " I AM NOT AMUSED" look of
disapproval on her face.... Poor mom...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-07-02, George Cebulka > wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>> For some things, though, you're supposed to let the pressure drop
>> naturally. I'd follow the manual until I was comfortable with using it.

> True. My mom never used the cool by water method. When she saw me do it,
> she would get one of those stern thin lipped " I AM NOT AMUSED" look of
> disapproval on her face.... Poor mom...

Heh....

I'm not sure of the why's and wherefores. My khun-rikon recommends to let
cool naturally for some dishes, press button and manually release
pressure for other recipes, and thirdly, the cold water immersion method for
still other recipes. They don't say why. I suspect the cold water
immersion works just fine for all recipes and its quick and easy if you have
a sink and faucet that will let the P/C fit. Just douse with cold water and
it takes about 10 secs to reduce the pressure to zero and remove lid.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2008-07-02, George Cebulka > wrote:
>
>> As for safety, they are perfectly safe provided you follow a
>> couple
>> of simple rules..
>> 1) Never, ever open the pot while it is under pressure - Modern
>> pressure cookers have a safety interlock that prevents you from
>> doing this. 2) Never, ever remove the pressure weight from the
>> steam vent stem
>> while the pot is under pressure. At a minimum you will end up with
>> your meal pureed all over your ceiling at worse, some third degree
>> burns from the steam.
>> And one more,
>> 3) Make sure the steam vent is free from obstructions and that
>> all
>> of safety valves and seals are in good repair.

>> Other than the above, the only caution I can think of is that you buy
>> one made by a reputable manufacture.

> All good advice, George, but you forgot a one biggie ....DO NOT
> overfill the cooker! IOW, do not fill the pressure cooker too full
> or the cooked ingredients may expand to the point where they
> interfere with one of the safety valves. All P/Cs have very detailed
> instructions on their use, so read the manual carefullly and follow
> saftey guidlines and you should never have a problem.
>
> nb

Just what I was going to say. . .read and follow the manual directions and
recipes. do not overfill.
Janet