Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What to do with Brie?

Sky wrote:

> er, cheese that is <G>. I have a chunk of brie that I need to use 'fore
> too long. Typically, I just put slices Triscuit crackers (baked and not
> baked), but I'd like to know what the local RFC-denizens like to do with
> their brie cheese. I've tried it baked encased with phyllo, but I
> wasn't too thrilled with the outcome. Savory, with steaks maybe?
> Sweet, with jams and preserves or fresh fruit? What say y'all?

Throw it away - it's moldy!!!! ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally > wrote in news:g1jr4u$e90$2
@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

> Sky wrote:
>
>> er, cheese that is <G>. I have a chunk of brie that I need to use

'fore
>> too long. Typically, I just put slices Triscuit crackers (baked and

not
>> baked), but I'd like to know what the local RFC-denizens like to do

with
>> their brie cheese. I've tried it baked encased with phyllo, but I
>> wasn't too thrilled with the outcome. Savory, with steaks maybe?
>> Sweet, with jams and preserves or fresh fruit? What say y'all?

> Throw it away - it's moldy!!!! ;-)
>
> Kate

I put chunks of it in warm just baked puff pastry shells with a tsp of
jam and put the lid back on...Viola an appetizer.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080528-0, 05/28/2008
Tested on: 5/28/2008 11:01:44 AM

Brie Soup jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 18 02-01-2015 10:40 PM
Brie Helpful person General Cooking 28 08-02-2014 06:02 PM
brie en croute / baked brie Jude General Cooking 4 07-03-2007 03:19 PM
Brie Soup Oh Deer Recipes (moderated) 0 26-01-2007 03:05 PM
Brie question Michael L Kankiewicz General Cooking 8 27-09-2005 07:38 AM