Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Toppings for crackers

metspitzer wrote:
> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

A bottle of Pickapepper sauce poured over a block of cream cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 29, 11:39 pm, metspitzer > wrote:
> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

Wasabi shrimp cream cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 29 Apr 2008 08:55:26p, Goomba38 told us...

> metspitzer wrote:
>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

> A bottle of Pickapepper sauce poured over a block of cream cheese.

Take that one step further and mix king crabmeat with some chili sauce
(knocked up a bit with Pickapepper), spread over the block of cream cheese.
I could eat the whole thing!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 04(IV)/29(XXIX)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer wrote:
> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

Tuna dip

Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer > wrote:

>I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

Fava bean spread!

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

> metspitzer wrote:
>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

> Tuna dip

Tuna salad. I use it like dip with crackers and tortilla chips.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer said...

> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

A troll with no imagination, huh?

Don't feed the trolls.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> metspitzer said...
>
>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

> A troll with no imagination, huh?
>
> Don't feed the trolls.

But...but...this is a *food* group.

Too bad we can't *eat* the trolls...

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> metspitzer said...
>>
>>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

>> A troll with no imagination, huh?
>>
>> Don't feed the trolls.

> But...but...this is a *food* group.
>
> Too bad we can't *eat* the trolls...

LOLOLOL!!!

Typical shark!

Play pool?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"metspitzer" > wrote in message
>I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

Bay shrimp
Red/Green Bell pepper
If using Cheddar cheese don't forget the Branston Pickle
Sliced cucumber (salted)
Salami
Pepperoni
Ham
Tuna
Ad infinitum.....

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> metspitzer wrote:
>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

> A bottle of Pickapepper sauce poured over a block of cream cheese.

A schmear of chive cream cheese and a bit of smoked salmon.

A slice of brie or Cambozola or your favorite goat cheese.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> metspitzer said...
>
>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

> A troll with no imagination, huh?
>
> Don't feed the trolls.
>
> Andy

Maybe he/she is just trying to get the attention away from chicken fried
steak?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"metspitzer" > wrote in message
>I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

I'm on a hummus kick. Mostly because I cooked up too large a quantity of
chickpeas. So hummus it is for me. Hey, at least it's healthful....

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-04-30, metspitzer > wrote:
> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

PB&J, tuna salad, lox, spreadable cheeses, dips, etc. What's not to put on
crackers?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P said...

> Andy wrote:
>> metspitzer said...
>>
>>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

>> A troll with no imagination, huh?
>>
>> Don't feed the trolls.
>>
>> Andy

> Maybe he/she is just trying to get the attention away from chicken fried
> steak?
>
> gloria p

Madam gloria p,

There you go, stirring up the chicken fried vs. country fried debate!

Who doesn't know that chickens that cross the road are way more tender?!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Blinky the Shark said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> metspitzer said...

>>> A troll with no imagination, huh?
>>>
>>> Don't feed the trolls.

>> But...but...this is a *food* group.
>>
>> Too bad we can't *eat* the trolls...

> LOLOLOL!!!
>
> Typical shark!
>
> Play pool?

Hey, get yer hands out of your pockets...

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> "metspitzer" > wrote in message
>>I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

> Bay shrimp
> Red/Green Bell pepper
> If using Cheddar cheese don't forget the Branston Pickle Sliced cucumber
> (salted)
> Salami
> Pepperoni
> Ham
> Tuna
> Ad infinitum.....

Braunshwager. Braunsch...br...oh, hell -- liverwurst.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Gloria P said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> metspitzer said...

>>> A troll with no imagination, huh?
>>>
>>> Don't feed the trolls.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Maybe he/she is just trying to get the attention away from chicken fried
>> steak?
>>
>> gloria p

> Madam gloria p,
>
> There you go, stirring up the chicken fried vs. country fried debate!
>
> Who doesn't know that chickens that cross the road are way more tender?!!

Especially the slow ones that get tenderized by traffic.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2008-04-30, metspitzer > wrote:
>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

> PB&J, tuna salad, lox, spreadable cheeses, dips, etc. What's not to put
> on crackers?

A moose. A whole moose. It hangs way over the edges and gets hair
all over the place.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Blinky the Shark said...

>>> But...but...this is a *food* group.
>>>
>>> Too bad we can't *eat* the trolls...

>> LOLOLOL!!!
>>
>> Typical shark!
>>
>> Play pool?

> Hey, get yer hands out of your pockets...

You should have nine balls!!!

VBG

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer wrote:
> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

cheese AND peanut butter. ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Andy wrote:

>> Madam gloria p,
>>
>> There you go, stirring up the chicken fried vs. country fried debate!
>>
>> Who doesn't know that chickens that cross the road are way more tender?!!
>>

> Especially the slow ones that get tenderized by traffic.

Hey, fried chicken is delicious. CHicken fried/country fried steak
sounds like an abomination.

Who was it that described something as "Neither fish nor fowl nor good
red herring"?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-04-30, Gloria P > wrote:

> Hey, fried chicken is delicious. CHicken fried/country fried steak
> sounds like an abomination.

No way! I've never had Cntry FS, but a good Chkn FS is to die for.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:27:26 -0700, "TammyM" >
wrote:

>I'm on a hummus kick. Mostly because I cooked up too large a quantity of
>chickpeas. So hummus it is for me. Hey, at least it's healthful....

I'll add another vote for hummus.

Chicken salad
Pimento cheese

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 30, 6:16*pm, Tara > wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:27:26 -0700, "TammyM" >
> wrote:
>
> >I'm on a hummus kick. Mostly because I cooked up too large a quantity of
> >chickpeas. *So hummus it is for me. *Hey, at least it's healthful....

> I'll add another vote for hummus. *
>
> Chicken salad
> Pimento cheese
>
> Tara

Oh man! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Pimento Cheese.
I think I was from the South in a previous life.

"Red Beans & Ricely Yours"
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Andy wrote:

>>> Madam gloria p,
>>>
>>> There you go, stirring up the chicken fried vs. country fried debate!
>>>
>>> Who doesn't know that chickens that cross the road are way more
>>> tender?!!

>> Especially the slow ones that get tenderized by traffic.
>>

> Hey, fried chicken is delicious. CHicken fried/country fried steak sounds
> like an abomination.

From that, I guess you've never had it. I have. I, like others here,
have. I like it.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark said...

> notbob wrote:
>
>> On 2008-04-30, metspitzer > wrote:
>>> I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
>>> Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

>> PB&J, tuna salad, lox, spreadable cheeses, dips, etc. What's not to put
>> on crackers?

> A moose. A whole moose. It hangs way over the edges and gets hair
> all over the place.

Moose bait to you!!!

I'm surprised nobody mentioned kittens 'n' crackers!?!

Andy
Loves cats!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> Blinky the Shark said...
>
>> notbob wrote:

>>> PB&J, tuna salad, lox, spreadable cheeses, dips, etc. What's not to

put
>>> on crackers?

>> A moose. A whole moose. It hangs way over the edges and gets hair
>> all over the place.

> Moose bait to you!!!

That should've been "shark bait!" OOPS!

Poor Bullwinkle

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Andy said...
>
>> Blinky the Shark said...

> put
>>>
>>> A moose. A whole moose. It hangs way over the edges and gets hair all
>>> over the place.

>> Moose bait to you!!!

> That should've been "shark bait!" OOPS!

Well, that makes more sense, yes it does.

Incidentally, I have read of some kind of shark that is found in (I
suppose near the mouth of) the St. Lawrence River that has been known to
take unwary wading caribou.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Andy said...
>>
>>> Blinky the Shark said...

>> put

all

>>> Moose bait to you!!!

>> That should've been "shark bait!" OOPS!

> Well, that makes more sense, yes it does.
>
> Incidentally, I have read of some kind of shark that is found in (I
> suppose near the mouth of) the St. Lawrence River that has been known to
> take unwary wading caribou.

That sounds like encroachment on territorial waters! Eat them! You get
around!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 > wrote:
> metspitzer wrote:
>
> > I have some wheat snacks that are pretty darn good by themselves.
> > Besides cheese and peanut butter what else makes good toppings?

> A bottle of Pickapepper sauce poured over a block of cream cheese.

A small can of shrimp. A small bottle of shrimp cocktail
sauce that has shrimp in it already. A block of cream
cheese. A guest once called it "appetizer of the gods"
and so that's its name at my place.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:16:17 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
> wrote:

>Oh man! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Pimento Cheese.
>I think I was from the South in a previous life.

I love pimento cheese, too, and I like it best on something crunchy
like celery or some good crackers.

I can proclaim you Southern in this lifetime with less than six
degrees of separation. I am Southern and my dad was from North
Dakota. I had a cat named Fargo. Ergo, you are hereby Southern.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 1, 7:06*pm, Tara > wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:16:17 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
>
> > wrote:
> >Oh man! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Pimento Cheese.
> >I think I was from the South in a previous life.

> I love pimento cheese, too, and I like it best on something crunchy
> like celery or some good crackers. * *
>
> I can proclaim you Southern in this lifetime with less than six
> degrees of separation. *I am Southern and my dad was from North
> Dakota. * *I had a cat named Fargo. * Ergo, you are hereby Southern. *
>
> Tara

Oh Thank You!
I lived for a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short time in the French Quarter
in New Orleans.
Other than a couple of misplaced years on the border in Minnesota.
I've been a ND kid forever.
Lynn in Fargo (or Minot, or Bismarck . . .)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Blinky the Shark said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> Andy said...

>>> put

> all

>>> That should've been "shark bait!" OOPS!

>> Well, that makes more sense, yes it does.
>>
>> Incidentally, I have read of some kind of shark that is found in (I
>> suppose near the mouth of) the St. Lawrence River that has been known to
>> take unwary wading caribou.

> That sounds like encroachment on territorial waters!

The only way you can tell a USan shark from a Canuckistanian shark is by
the license plates. And we don't have license plates. Sharks 1 Caribou 0.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net