Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Healthy Chocolate

It's likely that you have already seen or heard about some of the
recent studies on the health benefits of Dark Chocolate as reported
by
ABC, CNN, NBC, The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Medicine and many
others. These studies indicate that Dark Chocolate has many health
benefits. In fact, Dr. Norman Hollenberg of Harvard Medicine, as
reported in "Science Daily", March 12, 2007 was quoted as saying
"Epicatechin (found in Health Chocolate) could potentially get rid of
4 of the 5 most common killer diseases in the Western world: stroke,
heart failure, cancer and diabetes."

So why shouldn't you just eat a Dove bar? Well . . . the caveat in
these studies is that they are done with unadulterated Dark Chocolate
whereas the chocolate found in candy is PROCESSED (which kills the
antioxidant content). Processed chocolate is laden with fat, wax,
fillers, preservatives and sugar which offset the health benefits of
Dark Chocolate.

1) The darker, the better. When looking for a Healthy Chocolate, be
sure to look for a chocolate containing at least 70% pure cocoa
powder. The more pure cocoa in the chocolate, the healthier it will
be.

2) Select non-alkalized (non-Dutched) chocolate. The Dutching process
neutralizes the bitter taste of pure cocoa, but at the expense of
destroying chocolates natural antioxidant values. Be sure to look for
a chocolate that has been cold-pressed and is unalkalized.

3) Not all fats are created equal. Studies are showing that cocoa
butter is a "neutral" fat, meaning that they it does not increase
cholesterol levels in the blood. Make sure that the chocolate you
select has cocoa butter and cocoa solids as primary ingredients, not
milk fats or hydrogenated oils.

4) Avoid the sugar. Most commercial chocolate is sweetened with
refined sugar and corn syrup, both of which spike blood sugar
profiles. Select a chocolate that uses natural sweeteners that are
low
on the glycemic index, such as raw cane juice crystals, agave nectar,
natural grape juice or blueberries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"www.hwchocolate.com" > wrote:

> 4) Avoid the sugar. Most commercial chocolate is sweetened with
> refined sugar and corn syrup, both of which spike blood sugar
> profiles. Select a chocolate that uses natural sweeteners that are
> low
> on the glycemic index, such as raw cane juice crystals,

Raw cane juice crystals are SUGAR. Nothin' special about cane sugar.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Miche" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> "www.hwchocolate.com" > wrote:
>
>> 4) Avoid the sugar. Most commercial chocolate is sweetened with
>> refined sugar and corn syrup, both of which spike blood sugar
>> profiles. Select a chocolate that uses natural sweeteners that are
>> low
>> on the glycemic index, such as raw cane juice crystals,

> Raw cane juice crystals are SUGAR. Nothin' special about cane sugar.
>
> Miche

Some people are allergic to beet sugar.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee.Dee" > wrote:

> "Miche" > wrote in message
> > In article
> > >,
> > "www.hwchocolate.com" > wrote:
> >
> >> 4) Avoid the sugar. Most commercial chocolate is sweetened with
> >> refined sugar and corn syrup, both of which spike blood sugar
> >> profiles. Select a chocolate that uses natural sweeteners that are
> >> low
> >> on the glycemic index, such as raw cane juice crystals,

> > Raw cane juice crystals are SUGAR. Nothin' special about cane sugar.
> >

> Some people are allergic to beet sugar.

Yeah, I can see that. For those people cane sugar would be healthier.
For the rest of us there's not a lot of difference.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

> "Miche" > wrote in message
>> In article
>> >,
>> "www.hwchocolate.com" > wrote:
>>
>>> 4) Avoid the sugar. Most commercial chocolate is sweetened with
>>> refined sugar and corn syrup, both of which spike blood sugar
>>> profiles. Select a chocolate that uses natural sweeteners that are
>>> low
>>> on the glycemic index, such as raw cane juice crystals,

>> Raw cane juice crystals are SUGAR. Nothin' special about cane sugar.
>>
>> Miche

> Some people are allergic to beet sugar.

And some are allergic to cane sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Miche" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
>
>> "Miche" > wrote in message
>> > In article

>> > Raw cane juice crystals are SUGAR. Nothin' special about cane sugar.
>> >

>> Some people are allergic to beet sugar.

> Yeah, I can see that. For those people cane sugar would be healthier.
> For the rest of us there's not a lot of difference.
>
> Miche

Also, beet sugar is cheaper. You'll see it around here in jellies and jams
places where local women are selling their products.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee.Dee" > wrote:

> "Miche" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> Some people are allergic to beet sugar.

> > Yeah, I can see that. For those people cane sugar would be healthier.
> > For the rest of us there's not a lot of difference.

> Also, beet sugar is cheaper.

Not everywhere. I've never seen it for sale here -- why should it be,
when cane from Australia and Fiji is cheaper.

I was talking in terms of health benefits, though.

> You'll see it around here in jellies and jams
> places where local women are selling their products.

Makes sense. If it's what's available locally then it's what'll get
used.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"www.hchocolate.com" wrote:

> So why shouldn't you just eat a Dove bar? Well . . . the caveat in
> these studies is that they are done with unadulterated Dark Chocolate
> whereas the chocolate found in candy is PROCESSED (which kills the
> antioxidant content). Processed chocolate is laden with fat, wax,
> fillers, preservatives and sugar which offset the health benefits of
> Dark Chocolate.

Baloney! Good dark chocolates like Valrhona, Callebaut,
Guittard, etc. contain no fat (except from cocoa butter),
no wax, no fillers, no preservatives, and you can get 99%
bars with no added sugar.

You are raising these phony scare stories to try to pump
your own products, which are too inferior to compete
using honest information. You must make up false stories
because there are no honest reasons for people to buy
your crap.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 27, 6:40*pm, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *"www.hwchocolate.com" > wrote:
> > 4) Avoid the sugar. Most commercial chocolate is sweetened with
> > refined sugar and corn syrup, both of which spike blood sugar
> > profiles. Select a chocolate that uses natural sweeteners that are
> > low
> > on the glycemic index, such as raw cane juice crystals,

> Raw cane juice crystals are SUGAR. *Nothin' special about cane sugar.
>
> Miche
>
> --
> Electricians do it in three phases

Miche,

Raw cane juice crystals are made by extracting the juice from the
sugar cane, adding water, and heating it. Once the juice is reduced
to syrup it is dehydrated and crystallized. Sugar in any form raises
blood glucose levels, but unlike refined white sugar, raw cane juice
crystals do not cause an immediate, rapid rise in insulin levels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"www.hchocolate.com" wrote:

> Raw cane juice crystals are made by extracting the juice from the
> sugar cane, adding water, and heating it. Once the juice is reduced
> to syrup it is dehydrated and crystallized. Sugar in any form raises
> blood glucose levels, but unlike refined white sugar, raw cane juice
> crystals do not cause an immediate, rapid rise in insulin levels.

Liar. The predominant sugar in cane juice is sucrose,
the same sugar in refined white sugar.

You cannot hope to sell any of your inferior products
without making up lies like this one. With so many
scams over the Internet these days, someone would have
to be a fool to business with a liar like you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"www.hwchocolate.com" > wrote:

> On Jan 27, 6:40*pm, Miche > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *"www.hwchocolate.com" > wrote:
> > > 4) Avoid the sugar. Most commercial chocolate is sweetened with
> > > refined sugar and corn syrup, both of which spike blood sugar
> > > profiles. Select a chocolate that uses natural sweeteners that are
> > > low
> > > on the glycemic index, such as raw cane juice crystals,

> > Raw cane juice crystals are SUGAR. *Nothin' special about cane sugar.
> >

> Raw cane juice crystals are made by extracting the juice from the
> sugar cane, adding water, and heating it. Once the juice is reduced
> to syrup it is dehydrated and crystallized. Sugar in any form raises
> blood glucose levels, but unlike refined white sugar, raw cane juice
> crystals do not cause an immediate, rapid rise in insulin levels.

Whatever. I still won't buy from you or visit your website.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases