Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 'Soup Kitchen' ideas

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 04:29:25 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Veggie soups are a definate and they want to try the fish soup too (dashi is
>just that, fish soup with a japanese name). They used to have that at the
>end tureen but the maker of it went away.
>
>I promised a small pot next week as a trial for them. Dashi with Tofu may
>'sound' fancy but in reality it's really fast and easy. Cheaper than
>chicken bullion too.

carol, do you make your dashi from scratch with dried bonito flakes,
or buy the powder concentrate?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:10:18 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>We don't have one in the Triangle are either. (NC)

You don't?
I thought I saw one listed for Cary, NC. Isn't that near the
Triangle?
There is also one listed for Chapel Hill, NC.

How close are these to you?

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

e On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:10:18 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"cshenk" > wrote in message
>> "Christine Dabney" wrote

>>> I thought you were near Newport News. There is one there.

>> According to their web page, it's north of Williamsberg, a good 3 hours at
>> least from me.
>>

>We don't have one in the Triangle are either. (NC)

Here is the list of all the locations.
http://www.traderjoes.com/Attachments/all_locations.pdf

There are quite a few listed for NC, and it seems like 2 of them are
in the Triangle area, as far as I can tell.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:33:47 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>e On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:10:18 -0500, "cybercat" >
>wrote:
>

>>"cshenk" > wrote in message
>>> "Christine Dabney" wrote

>>> According to their web page, it's north of Williamsberg, a good 3 hours at
>>> least from me.
>>>

>>We don't have one in the Triangle are either. (NC)
>>

>Here is the list of all the locations.
>http://www.traderjoes.com/Attachments/all_locations.pdf
>
>There are quite a few listed for NC, and it seems like 2 of them are
>in the Triangle area, as far as I can tell.
>
>Christine

Thanks for that. I did not realize that there were any in the state.
None in my immediate area, but we will be in Burlington in Feb. and
may go on to Chapel Hill. And Charlotte isn't too far.

--
Susan N.