FERRANTE

Default Your favorite cooking magazine?

I was in a bookstore today and checked out a lot of the cooking mags.
I really like Taste of Italia, and Good Housekeepings "Italian
Cooking", but I think my favorite cooking mag, thus far, is "A Taste
of Home." I like it the best as it reminds me of all the foods my mom
liked to cook. And she was the best"est" cook to me!

And yours is, and why?

Mark Ferrante

Kswck

FERRANTE wrote:

> I was in a bookstore today and checked out a lot of the cooking mags.
> I really like Taste of Italia, and Good Housekeepings "Italian
> Cooking", but I think my favorite cooking mag, thus far, is "A Taste
> of Home." I like it the best as it reminds me of all the foods my mom
> liked to cook. And she was the best"est" cook to me!
>
> And yours is, and why?
>
> Mark Ferrante

A Taste of Home has recipes. CooksIllustrated is a 'consumer reports'
for cooks.

Nick

Chefs Illustrated...
its a little dry but it has the most info/pages (not a lot of ads, etc)

-N

"Kswck" > wrote in message

> FERRANTE wrote:
>
> > I was in a bookstore today and checked out a lot of the cooking mags.
> > I really like Taste of Italia, and Good Housekeepings "Italian
> > Cooking", but I think my favorite cooking mag, thus far, is "A Taste
> > of Home." I like it the best as it reminds me of all the foods my mom
> > liked to cook. And she was the best"est" cook to me!
> >
> > And yours is, and why?
> >
> > Mark Ferrante
> >

> A Taste of Home has recipes. CooksIllustrated is a 'consumer reports'
> for cooks.

Robert Klute

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:08:33 -0400, FERRANTE
> wrote:

>I was in a bookstore today and checked out a lot of the cooking mags.
>I really like Taste of Italia, and Good Housekeepings "Italian
>Cooking", but I think my favorite cooking mag, thus far, is "A Taste
>of Home." I like it the best as it reminds me of all the foods my mom
>liked to cook. And she was the best"est" cook to me!
>
>And yours is, and why?
>
>Mark Ferrante

Saveur and the Bon Apetit 'Special Issues'. There is something about
how they present the recipes that make them interesting and exotic.

BOB

In ,
FERRANTE > typed:
> I was in a bookstore today and checked out a lot of the cooking mags.
> I really like Taste of Italia, and Good Housekeepings "Italian
> Cooking", but I think my favorite cooking mag, thus far, is "A Taste
> of Home." I like it the best as it reminds me of all the foods my mom
> liked to cook. And she was the best"est" cook to me!
>
> And yours is, and why?
>
> Mark Ferrante

Chile Pepper
Just 'cause...

BOB

Kswck

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

> "AzuReBlue" > wrote in message
> s.com...
>
>>In article >,
says...

>>>I was in a bookstore today and checked out a lot of the cooking mags.
>>>I really like Taste of Italia, and Good Housekeepings "Italian
>>>Cooking", but I think my favorite cooking mag, thus far, is "A Taste
>>>of Home." I like it the best as it reminds me of all the foods my mom
>>>liked to cook. And she was the best"est" cook to me!
>>>
>>>And yours is, and why?
>>>
>>>Mark Ferrante
>>>

>>I like Taste of Home too Mark - comfort food galore.
>>
>>--
>>blue
>>

> Bon Appetit for entertaining the way I'd like to do it and Taste of Home for
> the way I do.
> -Ginny

Way too many adds.

Tara

I'm really enjoying Everyday Cooking, Martha Stewart's new cooking
magazine. The recipes are for simple, everyday dishes with the
occasional twist or update. The photographs and general format are
attractive. I've enjoyed the recipes that I have tried.

Tara
Richard Periut

Tara wrote:
> I'm really enjoying Everyday Cooking, Martha Stewart's new cooking
> magazine. The recipes are for simple, everyday dishes with the
> occasional twist or update. The photographs and general format are
> attractive. I've enjoyed the recipes that I have tried.
>
> Tara

Look for her new and upcoming book called: How to peel and serve
potatoes in 1001 ways.

; )

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

It depends on why I am reading the magazine. If I am looking for
insight and in-depth directions etc. I like Cooks Illustrated. If I
am looking for just some plain ole inspiration I love Gourmet type
magazines.
Sue

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:08:33 -0400, FERRANTE
> wrote:

>I was in a bookstore today and checked out a lot of the cooking mags.
>I really like Taste of Italia, and Good Housekeepings "Italian
>Cooking", but I think my favorite cooking mag, thus far, is "A Taste
>of Home." I like it the best as it reminds me of all the foods my mom
>liked to cook. And she was the best"est" cook to me!
>
>And yours is, and why?
>
>Mark Ferrante

"Quick Cooking"

published by the same folks who do "a Taste of Home"

Straightforward recipes, with "local grocery store" ingredients.

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:08:33 -0400, FERRANTE
> wrote:

>I was in a bookstore today and checked out a lot of the cooking mags.
>I really like Taste of Italia, and Good Housekeepings "Italian
>Cooking", but I think my favorite cooking mag, thus far, is "A Taste
>of Home." I like it the best as it reminds me of all the foods my mom
>liked to cook. And she was the best"est" cook to me!
>
>And yours is, and why?
>
>Mark Ferrante

<rj>