butch burton

Default Apple Juice, unpasturized and no sorbate

There are a few producers of apple juice who do not pasturize or use
sorbate in their product. Know of one in my area-S WI and used to be
one in S MN. If the producer is using ripe apples and a blend of
them-the juice can be pure heaven-wow what flavor.

Worth looking for-enjoy.
Reg

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>Google "Odwalla death" sometime to discover why
>>pastuerization isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>gloria p
>>

> It didn't Google.

When searhing for something try different variations of keywords.
Don't give up after one try.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9611/01/e.coli.poisoning/

butch burton

(A.T. Hagan) wrote in message >...
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:14:39 GMT, Puester >
> wrote:
>
> >"A.T. Hagan" wrote:
> >>
> >> On 21 Oct 2003 13:35:25 -0700,
(butch burton)

> >> Sure would like to have some of that here in Florida!
> >>
> >> Heck, for that matter, I'd love to be able to buy some unpasteurized
> >> *orange* juice!
> >>
> >> Safety nazis everywhere...
> >>
> >> .....Alan. <grumble>
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >Google "Odwalla death" sometime to discover why
> >pastuerization isn't a bad idea.
> >
> >gloria p

> I'm familiar with it.
>
> It's a matter of degree as to how much risk you want to eliminate in
> your life.
>
> I'll eat my beef raw, when it pleases me. I've kept hens and did not
> refrigerate their eggs and have eaten them raw. I like sushi and
> sashimi. I enjoy alfalfa sprouts and other sprouted seeds.
>
> Is there some risk? Yes, a bit. Does unpasteurized cider taste
> better than pasteurized? Yes. Same for orange juice.
>
> But unless I now make it myself I no longer get a choice.
>
> .....Alan.

Well stated-unfortunately the safety nazis can and do dictate what we
can experience. The gene pool needs cleaning.
Julia Altshuler

Why not buy a juicer? They make varieties for apples and oranges. Buy
the fruit, juice it yourself, drink it fresh, and you've got
unpasterized juice.

--Lia

Puester

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Puester > wrote in news:3F95E871.AC3FB9C0
> @worldnet.att.net:
>

>> Sure would like to have some of that here in Florida!
> >>
> >> Heck, for that matter, I'd love to be able to buy some unpasteurized
> >> *orange* juice!
> >>
> >> Safety nazis everywhere...
> >>
> >> .....Alan. <grumble>
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > Google "Odwalla death" sometime to discover why
> > pastuerization isn't a bad idea.
> >
> > gloria p
> >

> It didn't Google.

It did for me. Go to:

http://search.netscape.com/ns/search...omPage=NSCPTop
butch burton

Julia Altshuler > wrote in message news:<CBDlb.3175$HS4.12122@attbi_s01>...
> Why not buy a juicer? They make varieties for apples and oranges. Buy
> the fruit, juice it yourself, drink it fresh, and you've got
> unpasterized juice.
>
> --Lia

Have an orange juicer which fits on stand mixer and works well.
Juicing apples is another matter-they must first be ground and
squeezed thru a mesh. Are small presses available but as long as my
neighborhood orchard has the real mccoy and made from a variety of
heritage apples, will get mine from them.

Wayne Boatwright

Puester > wrote in news:3F970CCD.26334E55
@worldnet.att.net:

> http://search.netscape.com/ns/search...omPage=NSCPTop

Thanks... That worked!

Apple cider vs. apple juice -- what's the difference? [email protected] General Cooking 0 06-10-2015 02:20 PM
Apple juice Dave Balderstone Preserving 9 26-08-2010 12:41 AM
What ro do with bad apple juice? [email protected] General Cooking 24 11-12-2009 01:35 AM
apple juice Hugh Willmer Winemaking 1 07-11-2005 01:51 AM
Apple Juice To Sweeten Apple Wine genekay Winemaking 5 18-11-2003 08:34 PM