William R. Abbey

Default Microwave rice cooking

Some time ago I bought a microwave rice cooker. I used it once and
promptly lost the instructions. It looks to be about one quart and has
a inner plastic cover over which a lid fits.

I have tried to use it several times but I cannot seem to get the
ration of rice to water to time right.

Any help would be appreciated. I looked on the web but i cannot find a
manufacturer's name on the container.

Thanks in advance.

Bill
levelwave

William R. Abbey wrote:

> I have tried to use it several times but I cannot seem to get the
> ration of rice to water to time right.

What ratios have you tried?...

I'd guess 2:1 or 1:1 (water to rice) depending on how you prefer the
texture...

~john!

--
What was it like to see - the face of your own stability - suddenly look
away...

Richard's ~JA~

>William R. A.:
>>I have tried to use it several times but I
>>cannot seem to get the ration of rice to water
>>to time right.

Stovetop works for me with a two to one ratio for the water/rice, and
after boil, 20 minutes simmering, covered...raw rice, one cup - water,
two cups.

Picky ~JA~

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, William R.
Abbey > wrote:

> Some time ago I bought a microwave rice cooker. I used it once and
> promptly lost the instructions. It looks to be about one quart and has
> a inner plastic cover over which a lid fits.
>
> I have tried to use it several times but I cannot seem to get the
> ration of rice to water to time right.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. I looked on the web but i cannot find a
> manufacturer's name on the container.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bill

I've got rice cooking in my microwave right now -- going to tote supper
to Rob's mother this evening.

I do my rice in a 2-quart pyrex measuring pitcher: 1 cup rice, 2 cups
water, a little salt, a little oil, pitcher covered with plastic wrap
(vented), for about 8-10 minutes at full power, then 12 minutes at 20%
power. Worst that happens is that there's usually some boiled-over
starchy water to clean off the bottom of the microwave. I haven't
cooked rice on a stovetop in years. And years.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)