Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Justin Wilson's Macaroni & Cheese

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> I notice you didn't answer about washing your hands after using the toilet.
> Nasty.

<old joke variation>
Here in Virginia we learned not to **** on our hands.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2014 3:50:36 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:

> I doubt he's married.

You silly. You're actually talking about me. I've not only been married
for coming up on 28 years this April, but I have one fine wife, and we're
all gaga in love. Isn't she a doll?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/11701860706/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/11634545806/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/11633983503/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/8254284103/
We just can't keep our hands off each other.

Good looking son too.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/3590596412/

Nice garden.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1552229...7006/lightbox/
Life is good.

> Probably moved in with his mother.

I had moved back in with my mother (paying room and board of course),
and was living there when I met my wife. I'm glad she lived long enough
to see me married to my wife. She died a few months later. You're read
all of this before. Are you just trying to pal up with the other old
ladies here by jumping on the "fun to hate Bryan" train? You do realize
that that's pathetic, right?

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2014 4:02:11 PM UTC-6, Ophelia wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>

> > I doubt he's married. Probably moved in with his mother.

> Poor woman

Yeah. I mean who'd want to be kissed awake nearly every morning? Oh,
and be brought a steaming cup of cafe au lait, and then a refill? This
morning I fresh squeezed her tangerine juice, then made her a scramble with fresh mushrooms sauteed in butter, eggs and cheddar cheese. Gotta suck to
be her, doesn't it?

And God, all the full body massages. What woman would want that? You
should consider yourself very fortunate not having to put up with a guy
who'd rather spend a half hour kissing your feet, than something normal
like watching sports.

I adore her, and I'm so glad that she's willing to put up with all of
the above.

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 07:50:46 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:
snip
>Good looking son too.
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/3590596412/

snip

>--B

Nice boy. What is the hunk of meat that is being carved?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

There are lots of ways to have eggs in the diet without throwing them unnecessarily into macaroni and cheese.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> There are lots of ways to have eggs in the diet without throwing them unnecessarily into macaroni and cheese.

I rarely eat mac and cheese but for eggs, I agree with you. No eggs
necessary. Mac and cheese is good if made from scratch (and Velvetta)
but the boxed stuff is cardboard trailertrash food.

Dinner last night was 2 fried egg sandwiches.

- 2 pieces of buttered toast (to start with)
- one slice of american cheese or swiss, tear into 4 equal strips,
and 2 strips on each piece of toast. (ie - 1/2 slice on each)
- fry 2 eggs over easy, then break the yolks and flip over one more
time. Goal is to have semi-juicy eggs
- put one on each of the toast pieces
- add some salt and plenty of cracked pepper to each
- on one sandwich, add lots of ketchup. I eat that one last...
it's my "dessert" sandwich
- Top with the other 2 pieces of buttered toast.

*note* - some cooked and crumbled bacon would be good on these but I
rarely cook bacon. I wonder why too as I absolutely love bacon. I
think I'll buy some tomorrow morning. yeah, yeah! :-D

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:25:53 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 08:08:08 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>
> > wrote:

> >> Poor woman

> >Yeah. I mean who'd want to be kissed awake nearly every morning? Oh,

> >and be brought a steaming cup of cafe au lait, and then a refill? This

> >morning I fresh squeezed her tangerine juice, then made her a scramble with fresh mushrooms sauteed in butter, eggs and cheddar cheese. Gotta suck to

> >be her, doesn't it?

> >And God, all the full body massages. What woman would want that? You

> >should consider yourself very fortunate not having to put up with a guy

> >who'd rather spend a half hour kissing your feet, than something normal

> >like watching sports.

> >I adore her, and I'm so glad that she's willing to put up with all of

> >the above.

> >--B

> Puke - sounds like you are a total groveller -

A lot of women really would feel that way. I am a bit over the top, but
I make the effort not to give her unwanted attention. Luckily, little
is unwanted. When I was younger, I was a bit more traditionally
masculine/male dominant, but relationships evolve, and she accepts that I
really derive more life satisfaction from my devotion to her than from
anything else. I'm not a groveler in any sense, but I'd accept doter.

> I still feel she deserves pity having your around.

She loves having me around. If the book is successful money-wise, she
wants me to be a full time writer because she loves having me around.
She said exactly that a few hours ago.

I'm not perfect though. If you asked her if there was anything she'd
change about me if she had a magic wand, there is 100% certainty that
she would wish that I drank less or no beer.

> If it is all that wonderful, how come it took all those years to
> produce one kid and that's all lol

It was by choice. First she was in college, then she was in graduate
school. Then I was kind of half-assed doing college, while working
full time, and we were having a great time. If you are suggesting that the lack of children implies "trouble in Candyland," I might remind you of the
existence of oral contraceptives.

We had been married for 12 years when we stopped using birth control,
and after one miscarriage, my son was born when we'd been married 15
years. When he was 3 we asked him if he'd like a little brother or sister,
and he said, "No." The pregnancy had been not without complications, and
my son's preference was the deciding factor, so it was vasectomy time.

I think I've answered your questions adequately.

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2014 11:33 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> There are lots of ways to have eggs in the diet without throwing them unnecessarily into macaroni and cheese.
>
> N.

Hear hear!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:29:36 AM UTC-6, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 07:50:46 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>
> > wrote:
>
> snip
>
> >Good looking son too.

> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/3590596412/

> snip
>

> >--B

> Nice boy. What is the hunk of meat that is being carved?

A whole pig. This was my nephew's wedding reception.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/3498485624/

> Janet US

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:44:22 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>

> > I notice you didn't answer about washing your hands after using the toilet.

> > Nasty.

> <old joke variation>
>
> Here in Virginia we learned not to **** on our hands.

And to be careful when a-usin the corn cob.

> G.

--B

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2014 11:14:41 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
> On 2014-02-14, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>

> > Cross contamination wasn't a buzz word on the horizon when he filmed

> > those shows

> Prolly cuz it wasn't a problem then cuz producers had yet to cut every
>
> imaginable sanitation expense to the bone and the USDA had yet to be
>
> co-opted by the industry. Easier to medicate the animals and radiate
>
> the food than actually clean up the process.

It's worse now, but salmonella is a natural gut bacteria in birds and reptiles.
If you've ever had the kind of food poisoning I got once from improper chicken
handling, you'd be really careful. Luckily, it was over fairly quickly, just
a few hours, but the pain was big time, and the first hour coincided with me
having to hike up a few hundred feet of elevation on an old gravel road. It
wasn't exactly this hike, but one much like it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/10535831346/

That map shows one of two places on the Current River where an oxbow means that
one can float much further than the walk to shuttle. Nice walks if done when
you don't feel like someone is jabbing you repeatedly in the lower abdomen
with an ice pick.

> nb

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 1:51:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 18:32:51 -0000, Janet > wrote:
>

> >In article >,

> says...

> >> I'm not perfect though. If you asked her if there was anything she'd

> >> change about me if she had a magic wand, there is 100% certainty that

> >> she would wish that I drank less or no beer.

> > You continually assert how much you dote, adore and attend to her;

> >yet you don't do the very thing you know she wants (stop boozing).??

> > Another thing any wife might appreciate, is some privacy

> > and discretion about her personal life.

> > Janet UK

> He seems to think he is wonderful - that would be number one thing
>
> that would put me off pronto.

I know my strengths, and try to play to them. I also admit my weaknesses.
I think I've done that here a few times today.

> Thankfully David was never like that,
>
> we both knew we needed respect of each other and some distances
>
> allowing both of us to be our own persons.

We don't like much distance. See, I wouldn't be wonderful for someone like
you. We'd be mismatched. You might appreciate coffee in bed almost every morning, but you'd probably get very tired of getting kissed on quite a few times a day, almost every day, and you'd want personal space. The truth is this, most women want more non-sexual physical affection than they get, but I do know that most would not want a guy who is as touchy-feely as me. There is a point at which even my wife, who loves back rubs, etc. would say, "That's enough." I know, can sense where that point is, and so that never happens.

> Bryan comes over to me in his posts in very much the same way as that
>
> man on Sister Wives -

We don't watch TV, but is that a show where a guy has more than one wife?
Yes, I'd like that. Not going to get it, but...

You know, I have enough interest/inspiration, and John K--who has essentially
no partner sex--likes to paint me as someone who objectifies women, a horndog
who only cares about getting laid, but he's *so* far off base. I've had less
than my share of cheap sex, because I crave the love component, the emotional
connection, so much so that most guys would find it absurd. I'm more a
******* in a man's body than a man's man.

Now, I think I'll get back to the romance novel. I wrote ten days in a row,
but skipped yesterday because I'm physically ill--nasty bronchitis. Feel
free to have whatever opinion you have of me, and to think that I have too
high an opinion of myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpGEeneO-t0

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/02/14 13:12, Janet wrote:

> Eggs also provide protein and iron among other important minerals and
> vitamins for good health. Some people NEED extra calories, protein and
> iron in their diet. Especially older people.

Particularly you, Gannet. We wouldn't want you to waste away.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Saturday, February 15, 2014 12:32:51 PM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> > In article >,

says...

> > > I'm not perfect though. If you asked her if there was anything she'd

> > > change about me if she had a magic wand, there is 100% certainty that

> > > she would wish that I drank less or no beer.

> > You continually assert how much you dote, adore and attend to her;
> >
> > yet you don't do the very thing you know she wants (stop boozing).??
> >

> Hey, my one thing I'd change about her is that she'd become a
> practicing bisexual, and have two girl sex with me. I'd like that
> better than she would like me not drinking beer.

Roll back a bit. I'm not talking about what YOU want. Just, if you're
so madly in love with a woman you adore and want to please in all ways..
why don't you. Not, in exchange for two-girl sex. Not, so you can brag
about it here. Just for her sake because she would like you to stop.

> I'm not a mean or crazy drunk. I just drink beer
> most evenings.

Could it be, she has a different opinion of what you're like after a
few beers? If you're so unaffected by it, why would she want you "to
drink LESS or NO beer". ?

> > Another thing any wife might appreciate, is some privacy
> > and discretion about her personal life.
> >

> I know what she finds too personal, and have revealed absolutely nothing
> that is not already widely known,

to whom? your son, his teen mates? what's widely known among people
she chooses to inform, is somewhat different from you parading it on
usenet to glorify yourself.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2014 6:13 PM, Janet wrote:
> Could it be, she has a different opinion of what you're like after a
> few beers? If you're so unaffected by it, why would she want you "to
> drink LESS or NO beer". ?
>
> Janet UK

+1 Janet! I know some perfectly nice people who, after they get a few
beers under their belt, turn into perfect jackasses.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2014 12:05 PM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> There are lots of ways to have eggs in the diet without throwing them unnecessarily into macaroni and cheese.

> I rarely eat mac and cheese but for eggs, I agree with you. No eggs
> necessary. Mac and cheese is good if made from scratch (and Velvetta)
> but the boxed stuff is cardboard trailertrash food.
>
> Dinner last night was 2 fried egg sandwiches.
>
> - 2 pieces of buttered toast (to start with)
> - one slice of american cheese or swiss, tear into 4 equal strips,
> and 2 strips on each piece of toast. (ie - 1/2 slice on each)
> - fry 2 eggs over easy, then break the yolks and flip over one more
> time. Goal is to have semi-juicy eggs
> - put one on each of the toast pieces
> - add some salt and plenty of cracked pepper to each
> - on one sandwich, add lots of ketchup. I eat that one last...
> it's my "dessert" sandwich
> - Top with the other 2 pieces of buttered toast.
>
> *note* - some cooked and crumbled bacon would be good on these but I
> rarely cook bacon. I wonder why too as I absolutely love bacon. I
> think I'll buy some tomorrow morning. yeah, yeah! :-D
>
> G.

Other than the ketchup, that's how I made my egg sandwiches. Yum yum.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> You silly. You're actually talking about me. I've not only been married
> for coming up on 28 years this April, but I have one fine wife, and we're
> all gaga in love. Isn't she a doll?
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/11701860706/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/11634545806/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/11633983503/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/8254284103/
> We just can't keep our hands off each other.
>
> Good looking son too.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/3590596412/

Thanks for posting all these pictures, Bryan. Your wife is very pretty
and she just looks like a nice person too. Your son also looks very
cool!

I wish everyone here would post current pictures of themselves. I love
all photos and it's nice to see a pic of who I write to. In the "mug
shots" on the rfc unofficial page, many of you have pictures there but
mostly very old, outdated ones.

Maybe we can all post a recent pic but I don't know if that webpage is
still maintained. Is it Cindy or Chatty Cathy that is in charge of it?

I posted a pic of myself from my daughter's wedding that was 3-4 years
ago. Those that were paying attention then saw it.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:09:51 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/15/2014 6:13 PM, Janet wrote:
>
> > Could it be, she has a different opinion of what you're like after a

> > few beers? If you're so unaffected by it, why would she want you "to

> > drink LESS or NO beer". ?

She worries about the health effects more than anything, and I didn't say
unaffected. I said not "mean or crazy." Like I said, I'd give good odds
that you have a chip on your shoulder about drinking. Maybe a drunken
step-daddy got a little handsy? Maybe a little more than handsy?

Do they have Al-Anon over there?

> > Janet UK

> +1 Janet! I know some perfectly nice people who, after they get a few
>
> beers under their belt, turn into perfect jackasses.

It makes me nicer. I can be a really mean sober (see above), but alcohol
turns me into a softie. I would abstain for 24-36 hours before The Bonobos'
shows so I'd better be able to radiate violent rage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SStEMsI4lqk

So, now you know someone whose sober self you'd describe as a jackass,
who at least claims to become much nicer after a few beers.

> Jill

--B

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/16/2014 9:39 AM, Gary wrote:
> Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>>
>> You silly. You're actually talking about me. I've not only been married
>> for coming up on 28 years this April, but I have one fine wife, and we're
>> all gaga in love. Isn't she a doll?
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/8254284103/
>>
>> Good looking son too.
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/3590596412/

> Thanks for posting all these pictures, Bryan. Your wife is very pretty
> and she just looks like a nice person too. Your son also looks very
> cool!
>
> I wish everyone here would post current pictures of themselves. I love
> all photos and it's nice to see a pic of who I write to. In the "mug
> shots" on the rfc unofficial page, many of you have pictures there but
> mostly very old, outdated ones.

Hmmm, I could take a picture of me taking a picture of myself.

> Maybe we can all post a recent pic but I don't know if that webpage is
> still maintained. Is it Cindy or Chatty Cathy that is in charge of it?

Chatty Cathy has been putting the surveys on the site, haven't you noticed?

> I posted a pic of myself from my daughter's wedding that was 3-4 years
> ago. Those that were paying attention then saw it.
>
> G.

I regret to say if I did see it I sure don't remember it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>>
>> You silly. You're actually talking about me. I've not only been married
>> for coming up on 28 years this April, but I have one fine wife, and we're
>> all gaga in love. Isn't she a doll?
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/11701860706/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/11634545806/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/11633983503/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/8254284103/
>> We just can't keep our hands off each other.
>>
>> Good looking son too.
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/3590596412/

> Thanks for posting all these pictures, Bryan. Your wife is very pretty
> and she just looks like a nice person too. Your son also looks very
> cool!
>
> I wish everyone here would post current pictures of themselves. I love
> all photos and it's nice to see a pic of who I write to. In the "mug
> shots" on the rfc unofficial page, many of you have pictures there but
> mostly very old, outdated ones.
>
> Maybe we can all post a recent pic but I don't know if that webpage is
> still maintained. Is it Cindy or Chatty Cathy that is in charge of it?

Our Chatty Cathy of course)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 09:56:28 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> I could take a picture of me taking a picture of myself.

That's called a "selfie"; but please, please, please don't do "duck
lips".

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/16/2014 11:17 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 09:56:28 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> I could take a picture of me taking a picture of myself.

> That's called a "selfie"; but please, please, please don't do "duck
> lips".

Uh, what?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:54:46 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 2/16/2014 11:17 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 09:56:28 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I could take a picture of me taking a picture of myself.

> > That's called a "selfie"; but please, please, please don't do "duck
> > lips".
> >

> Uh, what?

AKA: Kissy lips only they aren't really puckered. Ugh.
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...c76f569815.jpg

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> It makes me nicer. I can be a really mean sober (see above), but alcohol
> turns me into a softie.
>
> So, now you know someone whose sober self you'd describe as a jackass,
> who at least claims to become much nicer after a few beers.

Drunken people that turn friendly vs evil, can be very annoying. You
end up revealing all your inner feelings and literally saying too
much. I've seen you do just that. The few times I've gotten drunk,
i'm a friendly one too. I learned long ago to NOT post anything when
in that condition. You can write things but best to save them as
drafts to read again the next morning before posting. Once sober, you
will often delete them rather them post them.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/16/2014 11:17 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 09:56:28 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I could take a picture of me taking a picture of myself.

>> That's called a "selfie"; but please, please, please don't do "duck
>> lips".
>>

> Uh, what?

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:54:46 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/16/2014 11:17 AM, sf wrote:

>> > That's called a "selfie"; but please, please, please don't do "duck
>> > lips".
>> >

>> Uh, what?
>>

> AKA: Kissy lips only they aren't really puckered. Ugh.
> http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...c76f569815.jpg

Those are the ones) Seemingly mandatory for those doing 'selfies' ))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/16/2014 12:28 PM, Gary wrote:
> Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>>
>> It makes me nicer. I can be a really mean sober (see above), but alcohol
>> turns me into a softie.
>>
>> So, now you know someone whose sober self you'd describe as a jackass,
>> who at least claims to become much nicer after a few beers.

> Drunken people that turn friendly vs evil, can be very annoying.

LOL Gary. Those are the types who want you to sing karaoke with them
even though you're not in a bar and you don't own a karaoke machine.
:-D The happy, exuberant drunks can certainly be very annoying. Half
the time you'll never know what they're talking about.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/16/2014 12:25 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:54:46 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/16/2014 11:17 AM, sf wrote:

>>> That's called a "selfie"; but please, please, please don't do "duck
>>> lips".
>>>

>> Uh, what?
>>

> AKA: Kissy lips only they aren't really puckered. Ugh.
> http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...c76f569815.jpg

That's horrific.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> If (in your belief) you're nicer drunk than sober, it's pretty hard
> to square that with why she wants you to drink less or no beer.

Again..."nice drunks" tend to get way to stupid and spill out all of
their inner feelings. It's very annoying to be around one.

Your worst nightmare? Volunteer to go to a bar or a party with
friends and be the designated driver and not drink anything with
alcohol. Being there for hours (not drinking), but watching everyone
else turn louder and stupider is the worst evening imaginable. I did
that once and I'll never do it again.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-16 12:44 PM, Gary wrote:

> Again..."nice drunks" tend to get way to stupid and spill out all of
> their inner feelings. It's very annoying to be around one.
>
> Your worst nightmare? Volunteer to go to a bar or a party with
> friends and be the designated driver and not drink anything with
> alcohol. Being there for hours (not drinking), but watching everyone
> else turn louder and stupider is the worst evening imaginable. I did
> that once and I'll never do it again.

One of the jobs my son had while working his way through university was
tending bar in an Irish pub, and not a particularly nice one. Just as
he graduated he was offered a job as assistant manager at a microbrewery
restaurant and was later promoted and transferred to open a new one. He
did well and they were turning a profit within a year, very rare in the
restaurant business. His next job was managing two restaurant/ bars in
a large commercial building.

I had warned him about the danger of alcoholism when working in the bar
business. He never was much of a drinker. Having worked closely with
the brewer he learned a lot about beer and has introduced me to some
tasty brews, but he almost never drinks. He cannot stand to be around
drunks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-16 12:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Uh, what?
>>>

>> AKA: Kissy lips only they aren't really puckered. Ugh.
>> http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...c76f569815.jpg
>>

> That's horrific.

One of my nieces is a FB friend. She got out of the habit of duck lips
selfies but one of her friends seems not to have learned that lesson.
She not only does the duck lips but she contorts her body and looks like
a demented cobra.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> AKA: Kissy lips only they aren't really puckered. Ugh.
>>> http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...c76f569815.jpg
>>>

>> That's horrific.
>>

> One of my nieces is a FB friend. She got out of the habit of duck lips
> selfies but one of her friends seems not to have learned that lesson. She
> not only does the duck lips but she contorts her body and looks like a
> demented cobra.

ewwwwwwwwwww

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:28:01 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>

> > It makes me nicer. I can be a really mean sober (see above), but alcohol

> > turns me into a softie.

> > So, now you know someone whose sober self you'd describe as a jackass,

> > who at least claims to become much nicer after a few beers.

> Drunken people that turn friendly vs evil, can be very annoying. You
>
> end up revealing all your inner feelings and literally saying too
>
> much. I've seen you do just that.

But see, Gary, you've seen me do it repeatedly. I enjoy it.

> The few times I've gotten drunk,
>
> i'm a friendly one too. I learned long ago to NOT post anything when
>
> in that condition. You can write things but best to save them as
>
> drafts to read again the next morning before posting. Once sober, you
>
> will often delete them rather them post them.

Do you ever see me delete anything other than for a bad typo? I post more
obnoxious things when I'm not drinking.

Oh, and you can do something that I can't. Because of my book, I'm not
allowing myself to read ANY fiction other than things I've read many
times before, so as to not pollute my writing. The thing that you can
do is to read this:
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Blue-Li...ttle+blue+lies

I'm sure you can find it at your public library, and my wife (a librarian)
says it is one of the best books she has ever read in her entire life.

> G.

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:44:19 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> Janet wrote:
>

> > If (in your belief) you're nicer drunk than sober, it's pretty hard

> > to square that with why she wants you to drink less or no beer.

> Again..."nice drunks" tend to get way to stupid and spill out all of
>
> their inner feelings. It's very annoying to be around one.

I do that sober as well. I just tend to be less long winded and rambling.

> Your worst nightmare? Volunteer to go to a bar or a party with
>
> friends and be the designated driver and not drink anything with
>
> alcohol. Being there for hours (not drinking), but watching everyone
>
> else turn louder and stupider is the worst evening imaginable.

My worst nightmare would be something more like being buried alive in a
coffin with huge numbers of cockroaches, especially the Oriental cockroach.
http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/publications...figure4.08.jpg

> I did that once and I'll never do it again.

See? I almost never get drunk anymore. Getting really hammered was
associated with the band. After The Bonobos played a show, I'd generally
chug a pitcher of the cheapest thing the bar had on draft. If my wife
wasn't there to drive, I'd either take a cab home, or more likely there'd
be an after party. Boy, those were some wild ones.

> G.

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

>I wish everyone here would post current pictures of themselves. I love
>all photos and it's nice to see a pic of who I write to. In the "mug
>shots" on the rfc unofficial page, many of you have pictures there but
>mostly very old, outdated ones.
>
>Maybe we can all post a recent pic but I don't know if that webpage is
>still maintained. Is it Cindy or Chatty Cathy that is in charge of it?
>
>I posted a pic of myself from my daughter's wedding that was 3-4 years
>ago. Those that were paying attention then saw it.

There's no picture of you at rfc Mugs. I check those pictures quite
frequently, none have been added or deleted for like ten years now...
most of those people are no longer. I've never seen any pictures
you've posted here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:39:47 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>

> > You silly. You're actually talking about me. I've not only been married

> > for coming up on 28 years this April, but I have one fine wife, and we're

> > all gaga in love. Isn't she a doll?

> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/11701860706/

> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/11634545806/

> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/11633983503/

> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/8254284103/

> > We just can't keep our hands off each other.

> > Good looking son too.

> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/3590596412/

> Thanks for posting all these pictures, Bryan. Your wife is very pretty
>
> and she just looks like a nice person too.

She is, and she doesn't have a mean streak like I do. All sugar and spice.

> Your son also looks very cool!

He certainly thinks so. He's a skater.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxhHit-pEp8JOtHCzF3wwQ

> I wish everyone here would post current pictures of themselves. I love
>
> all photos and it's nice to see a pic of who I write to. In the "mug
>
> shots" on the rfc unofficial page, many of you have pictures there but
>
> mostly very old, outdated ones.
>

> Maybe we can all post a recent pic but I don't know if that webpage is
>
> still maintained. Is it Cindy or Chatty Cathy that is in charge of it?

Chatty Cathy.

> I posted a pic of myself from my daughter's wedding that was 3-4 years
>
> ago. Those that were paying attention then saw it.

Gary, check your email.

--B