Ken Lopez

Default chicken <--> turkey

I am a single, older man living alone and cooking for myself. I always use
boneless/skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for chicken recipes. I
noticed that these cuts are now available in turkey. Can I simply
substitute chicken for turkey (and vice versa) or is there a snag in the
plan?

Ken
______

Steve Calvin

Ken Lopez wrote:

> I am a single, older man living alone and cooking for myself. I always use
> boneless/skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for chicken recipes. I
> noticed that these cuts are now available in turkey. Can I simply
> substitute chicken for turkey (and vice versa) or is there a snag in the
> plan?
>
> Ken
> ______

Yes, you can sub. it and it'll taste better too. At least in my opinion.

I don't understand the facination with chicken. As far as I'm
concerned it has absolutely no flavor and you can keep it. And yes,
I've tried free range.

We eat it 'cause Nancy likes it and I'm an equal opportunity cook
(;-)) but I hit mine with all of the flavors that I can think of to
give it some taste.

--
Steve

Ken Lopez > wrote:
> I am a single, older man living alone and cooking for myself. I always use
> boneless/skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for chicken recipes. I
> noticed that these cuts are now available in turkey. Can I simply
> substitute chicken for turkey (and vice versa) or is there a snag in the
> plan?

No snag. If you were interested in substituting whole turkey for
chicken (or cut up parts), the only snag would be that you need
to cook the turkey longer, but for just those packages of boneless,
skinless turkey, they cook up the same way as chicken.

Darryl L. Pierce

Steve Calvin wrote:

> I don't understand the facination with chicken.

They can go from egg to table in a shorter amount of time than turkey; a
few months from cradle to ladle...

--
Darryl L. Pierce >
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>
jmcquown

Ken Lopez wrote:
> I am a single, older man living alone and cooking for myself. I
> always use boneless/skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for
> chicken recipes. I noticed that these cuts are now available in
> turkey. Can I simply substitute chicken for turkey (and vice versa)
> or is there a snag in the plan?
>
> Ken
> ______

No snag. They cook up pretty much the same way.

Jill

jmcquown

Default Just thought of something (WAS: chicken <--> turkey)

Ken Lopez wrote:
> I am a single, older man living alone and cooking for myself. I
> always use boneless/skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for
> chicken recipes. I noticed that these cuts are now available in
> turkey. Can I simply substitute chicken for turkey (and vice versa)
> or is there a snag in the plan?
>
> Ken
> ______

Ken, I'm not sure why you're buying boneless chicken breasts; if it is for
health reasons then skip the suggestion that follows.

If you want really tasty poultry (serves 1 with leftovers), look for Cornish
Game Hens. You can split them in half and bake, grill or broil them.
Whole, they weigh anywhere (as a rule) from 3/4 to 1 lb. You can stuff them
whole like a tiny turkey. Roast them like a turkey or chicken without any
stuffing. They are really tasty.

The great thing about Cornish Hens is they are all moist, dark meat; even
the breasts. So they don't taste dry and pastey. I really don't like
boneless chicken breasts because they are so dull and without flavour no
matter how you sauce/simmer/saute them. YMMV.

Jill

Jimbo

jmcquown wrote:
> If you want really tasty poultry (serves 1 with leftovers), look for Cornish
> Game Hens. You can split them in half and bake, grill or broil them.
> Whole, they weigh anywhere (as a rule) from 3/4 to 1 lb. You can stuff them
> whole like a tiny turkey. Roast them like a turkey or chicken without any
> stuffing. They are really tasty.

Are Cornish Game Hens a breed, or hens that are from Cornwall? I'm
guessing if they're the former then they're easier to get hold of (Even
though I am from Cornwall :-)).

Cheers
James.

Frogleg

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:58:55 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Ken Lopez wrote:
>> I am a single, older man living alone and cooking for myself. I
>> always use boneless/skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for
>> chicken recipes. I noticed that these cuts are now available in
>> turkey. Can I simply substitute chicken for turkey (and vice versa)
>> or is there a snag in the plan?

>If you want really tasty poultry (serves 1 with leftovers), look for Cornish
>Game Hens.

>The great thing about Cornish Hens is they are all moist, dark meat; even
>the breasts. So they don't taste dry and pastey. I really don't like
>boneless chicken breasts because they are so dull and without flavour no
>matter how you sauce/simmer/saute them. YMMV.

OK. Now what's the small fowl that's all white meat for those of us
who like a mild-flavored, adaptable, non-greasy meal base. I'm
thinkin' flying shrimp. :-)

I have no objection to goose or duck (dark) breast meat, but my
prejudice is against the fat and 'funny bits' in non-breast parts of
fowl. I also like smooth, not chunky, pate. Probably fixated on early
childhood pureed foods. OTOH, I love bacon and prefer chunky peanut
butter. Go figure.
PENMART01

In article >, Jimbo
> writes:

>jmcquown wrote:
>> If you want really tasty poultry (serves 1 with leftovers), look for

>Cornish
>> Game Hens. You can split them in half and bake, grill or broil them.
>> Whole, they weigh anywhere (as a rule) from 3/4 to 1 lb. You can stuff

>them
>> whole like a tiny turkey. Roast them like a turkey or chicken without any
>> stuffing. They are really tasty.
>>

>Are Cornish Game Hens a breed, or hens that are from Cornwall

They're hybrids; miniature chickens. Fatty and bony, a one pound bird after
cooking will, with a lot of picking, typically yield 3-4 ounces of meat, barely
a meal for a young child, let alone an adult.

chicken
Rock Cornish hen, also called Rock Cornish game hen, is a hybrid of Cornish and
White Rock chickens. Because of the relatively small amount of meat to bone,
each hen is usually just enough for one serving.

© Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995
based on THE FOOD LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Sylvia

> I don't understand the facination with chicken. As far as I'm
concerned it has absolutely no flavor and you can keep it.

To me, turkey is the meat with no flavor -- gotta butter the skin and
stuff it well to have any taste at all.

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com

Sylvia

> look for Cornish Game Hens.

Here, they're usually quite expensive and VERY rarely on sale, whereas I
can easily stock up on boneless skinless chicken breast for under $2/lb
on sale. (Since the Cornish game hen has bones and the chicken doesn't,
even if they are the same price the chicken is a better deal.)

Not that they're not tasty, of course, but anyone living on a fixed
income is probably watching his/her pennies as well.

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com
Cheyenne WY, USDA zone 5a, Sunset zone 1a
Home of the Wyoming Wind Festival, January 1-December 31
Remove "removethis" from address to reply

jmcquown

Sylvia wrote:
>> look for Cornish Game Hens.

> Here, they're usually quite expensive and VERY rarely on sale,
> whereas I can easily stock up on boneless skinless chicken breast for
> under $2/lb on sale. (Since the Cornish game hen has bones and the
> chicken doesn't, even if they are the same price the chicken is a
> better deal.)
>
> Not that they're not tasty, of course, but anyone living on a fixed
> income is probably watching his/her pennies as well.

Here in the Southern U.S. you can buy cornish game hens for about $5 per
package (two whole hens). Thats less than the cost per pound ($4.99) for
boneless chicken breasts.

Besides, the OP never said he was living on a fixed income. Only that he is
a single older man cooking for one

Jill

Curly Sue

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:23:37 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Sylvia wrote:
>>> look for Cornish Game Hens.

>> Here, they're usually quite expensive and VERY rarely on sale,
>> whereas I can easily stock up on boneless skinless chicken breast for
>> under $2/lb on sale. (Since the Cornish game hen has bones and the
>> chicken doesn't, even if they are the same price the chicken is a
>> better deal.)
>>
>> Not that they're not tasty, of course, but anyone living on a fixed
>> income is probably watching his/her pennies as well.

>Here in the Southern U.S. you can buy cornish game hens for about $5 per
>package (two whole hens). Thats less than the cost per pound ($4.99) for
>boneless chicken breasts.

IIRC, the ones I got at BJs were 4/$10.

Sue(tm)
Frogleg

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:19:18 +0000 (UTC), Jimbo
> wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>> If you want really tasty poultry (serves 1 with leftovers), look for Cornish
>> Game Hens. You can split them in half and bake, grill or broil them.
>> Whole, they weigh anywhere (as a rule) from 3/4 to 1 lb. You can stuff them
>> whole like a tiny turkey. Roast them like a turkey or chicken without any
>> stuffing. They are really tasty.
>>

>Are Cornish Game Hens a breed, or hens that are from Cornwall? I'm
>guessing if they're the former then they're easier to get hold of (Even
>though I am from Cornwall :-)).

They are small chickens, a cross between two chicken breeds in the
1960s.

http://homecooking.about.com/library...y/aa101199.htm
Steve Calvin

Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>

>>I don't understand the facination with chicken.

> They can go from egg to table in a shorter amount of time than turkey; a
> few months from cradle to ladle...

true, but that means I need to buy and eat 'em.... why? I'm no
trolling, I just really don't understand. That flavorless stuff is
everywhere and people buy it. It just confuses the h*ll outta me.

--
Steve

Ariane Jenkins

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:23:37 -0500, jmcquown > wrote:

> Here in the Southern U.S. you can buy cornish game hens for about $5 per
> package (two whole hens). Thats less than the cost per pound ($4.99) for
> boneless chicken breasts.
>
> Besides, the OP never said he was living on a fixed income. Only that he is
> a single older man cooking for one

Sylvia said she stocks up when boneless chicken breasts go on sale
for $2/lb. and under. I do, too. Here, probably the best price I
usually see is $1.79/lb, which is when we buy in bulk and repackage it
in 1 lb. portions for our meals. You don't have to live on a fixed
income to benefit from wise comparison shopping and stocking up, it's
certainly helped us out a lot.

Lots of people complain about how dull and flavorless chicken
breast is. I don't seem to have that problem. Like many other things
with a subtle flavor on its own--potatoes, pasta, cauliflower, tofu,
rice, etc. it's what you do to it that makes the difference. We like
the boneless breasts because they're easily available, versatile, and
when on sale, a good value. Just this past week, we had it in an excellent
stir-fry along with red, yellow and orange bell peppers, cabbage,
sugar snap peas and mushrooms. Definitely no problems with
flavorlessness.

Ariane

PENMART01

Ariane Jenkins > writes:

> Lots of people complain about how dull and flavorless chicken
>breast is. I don't seem to have that problem. Like many other things
>with a subtle flavor on its own--potatoes, pasta, cauliflower, tofu,
>rice, etc. it's what you do to it that makes the difference. We like
>the boneless breasts because they're easily available, versatile, and
>when on sale, a good value. Just this past week, we had it in an excellent
>stir-fry along with red, yellow and orange bell peppers, cabbage,
>sugar snap peas and mushrooms. Definitely no problems with
>flavorlessness.

Even better if you had a meat grinder; well seasoned ground chicken breasts
make luscious croquettes. . . . there're a zillion recipes but I like em made
like Salisbury Steaks. . . . form ground chicken mixture into largish oval
patties, dip in egg, flour, egg, and matzo meal... place in fridge for 15
miutes to firm up... fry until nicely golden, then bake in white sauce...
perhaps with pearl onions, peas n' carrots. Just watch, someone's gonna ask
what's the chicken mixture.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Bolivar

Ariane Jenkins wrote:

<big snippage>

> Lots of people complain about how dull and flavorless chicken
> breast is. I don't seem to have that problem. Like many other things
> with a subtle flavor on its own--potatoes, pasta, cauliflower, tofu,
> rice, etc. it's what you do to it that makes the difference. We like
> the boneless breasts because they're easily available, versatile, and
> when on sale, a good value. Just this past week, we had it in an excellent
> stir-fry along with red, yellow and orange bell peppers, cabbage,
> sugar snap peas and mushrooms. Definitely no problems with
> flavorlessness.
>
> Ariane

I still say they taste like Mapani worms.

Boli
Bolivar

Ariane Jenkins wrote:

> <huge snippage>
>
> Lots of people complain about how dull and flavorless chicken
> breast is. I don't seem to have that problem. Like many other things
> with a subtle flavor on its own--potatoes, pasta, cauliflower, tofu,
> rice, etc. it's what you do to it that makes the difference. We like
> the boneless breasts because they're easily available, versatile, and
> when on sale, a good value. Just this past week, we had it in an excellent
> stir-fry along with red, yellow and orange bell peppers, cabbage,
> sugar snap peas and mushrooms. Definitely no problems with
> flavorlessness.
>
> Ariane

What?!?! No GARLIC!!!! And you still call yourself a cook????

Boli
Ariane Jenkins

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:33:55 -0400, Bolivar > wrote:

> What?!?! No GARLIC!!!! And you still call yourself a cook????

The inclusion of garlic is a GIVEN, O ye of little faith! <g>

Ariane

-L.

Steve Calvin > wrote in message ws.com>...
> Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > Steve Calvin wrote:
> >

> >>I don't understand the facination with chicken.

> > They can go from egg to table in a shorter amount of time than turkey; a
> > few months from cradle to ladle...
> >

> true, but that means I need to buy and eat 'em.... why? I'm no
> trolling, I just really don't understand. That flavorless stuff is
> everywhere and people buy it. It just confuses the h*ll outta me.

What kind of chickens are you buying? I have found that the source of
the animal (what it eats, how it lives) has a lot to do with the
flavor of the meat.

-L.
Darryl L. Pierce

Steve Calvin wrote:

>>>I don't understand the facination with chicken.

>> They can go from egg to table in a shorter amount of time than turkey; a
>> few months from cradle to ladle...

> true, but that means I need to buy and eat 'em.... why?

Need? Who said you need to buy them?

> I'm no
> trolling, I just really don't understand. That flavorless stuff is
> everywhere and people buy it. It just confuses the h*ll outta me.

If you don't prefer it, then you don't buy it, and you adapt recipes to
suit your tastes. I personally don't see a fascination with chicken; I
agree with you that it's mostly a blank canvas and the real flavor comes
from the herbs, marinades and toppings used when preparing it. To me,
that's good since it's lets me define the flavors myself.

But, fascination? Need? Nah. It's just a convenient, cheap, easily produced
blank slate. I find lobster tail to be rather bland and uneventful and got
a chuckle the other night watching Good Eats: they had a bumper fact that
said the slaves in Maine requested that they not be fed lobster more than 3
times a week.

--
Darryl L. Pierce >
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>
Steve Calvin

-L. wrote:
> Steve Calvin > wrote in message ws.com>...
>>
>>true, but that means I need to buy and eat 'em.... why? I'm no
>>trolling, I just really don't understand. That flavorless stuff is
>>everywhere and people buy it. It just confuses the h*ll outta me.

> What kind of chickens are you buying? I have found that the source of
> the animal (what it eats, how it lives) has a lot to do with the
> flavor of the meat.
>
> -L.

Tried 'em all from grocert store birds to local free range birds.
Cardboard, all of 'em.

--
Steve

Carnivore269

Steve Calvin > wrote in message ws.com>...
> Ken Lopez wrote:
>
> > I am a single, older man living alone and cooking for myself. I always use
> > boneless/skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for chicken recipes. I
> > noticed that these cuts are now available in turkey. Can I simply
> > substitute chicken for turkey (and vice versa) or is there a snag in the
> > plan?
> >
> > Ken
> > ______
> >

> Yes, you can sub. it and it'll taste better too. At least in my opinion.
>
> I don't understand the facination with chicken. As far as I'm
> concerned it has absolutely no flavor and you can keep it. And yes,
> I've tried free range.
>
> We eat it 'cause Nancy likes it and I'm an equal opportunity cook
> (;-)) but I hit mine with all of the flavors that I can think of to
> give it some taste.

Probably because you are using breasts...

Try boneless skinless thighs.

The fat content is NOT significantly higher, but the flavor is.....

I like turkey too.

C.
Carnivore269

Steve Calvin > wrote in message ws.com>...
> Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > Steve Calvin wrote:
> >

> >>I don't understand the facination with chicken.

> > They can go from egg to table in a shorter amount of time than turkey; a
> > few months from cradle to ladle...
> >

> true, but that means I need to buy and eat 'em.... why? I'm no
> trolling, I just really don't understand. That flavorless stuff is
> everywhere and people buy it. It just confuses the h*ll outta me.

You are probably buying into the whole "fat is bad for you" myth and
buying only breast meat? ;-) I only use that in heavily spiced stire
fry's.

Try some other cuts?

C.

-L.

Steve Calvin > wrote in message ws.com>...
> -L. wrote:
> > Steve Calvin > wrote in message ws.com>...
> >>
> >>true, but that means I need to buy and eat 'em.... why? I'm no
> >>trolling, I just really don't understand. That flavorless stuff is
> >>everywhere and people buy it. It just confuses the h*ll outta me.

> > What kind of chickens are you buying? I have found that the source of
> > the animal (what it eats, how it lives) has a lot to do with the
> > flavor of the meat.
> >
> > -L.

> Tried 'em all from grocert store birds to local free range birds.
> Cardboard, all of 'em.

Geez. Where do you live?

-L.
Sylvia

Default Price of chicken breasts

> Here in the Southern U.S. you can buy cornish game hens for about $5
per package (two whole hens). Thats less than the cost per pound
($4.99) for boneless chicken breasts.

$4.99/lb for chicken breasts? Sheesh! Full price here is 2.99/lb, and
I only buy them under $2/lb.

> Besides, the OP never said he was living on a fixed income. Only

that he is a single older man cooking for one

I believe I commented that many older people ARE living on a fixed
income. If that part of my post doesn't apply to the OP, it won't hurt
my feelings. <g>

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com
Cheyenne WY, USDA zone 5a, Sunset zone 1a
Home of the Wyoming Wind Festival, January 1-December 31
Remove "removethis" from address to reply

Lucas

Sylvia > said in the newsgroup.......
:

> > Here in the Southern U.S. you can buy cornish game hens for about $5

> per package (two whole hens). Thats less than the cost per pound
> ($4.99) for boneless chicken breasts.

That's about AUD$7.25 per 500g!!
Very expensive chickens you've got there!!

> $4.99/lb for chicken breasts? Sheesh! Full price here is 2.99/lb, and
> I only buy them under $2/lb.

CAN$2.99/lb = about AUD$3.30/500g = $6.60/kg..... that's *damn* cheep!!

Cheepest we're paying is about $8.99kg. :-)
(Which is about CAN$8.20 for 2lbs)

--
Peter Lucas # Loyalty above all else, #
Brisbane # except honour. #
Frogleg

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 04:34:10 GMT, Lucas > wrote:

>Sylvia > said
>
>> > Here in the Southern U.S. you can buy cornish game hens for about $5

>> per package (two whole hens). Thats less than the cost per pound
>> ($4.99) for boneless chicken breasts.

>That's about AUD$7.25 per 500g!!
>Very expensive chickens you've got there!!

Not-on-sale boneless breasts here are usually slightly under US$4/lb.
Right now one supermarket has them on sale for US$1.90/lb. I just
bought a 'family pack' of bone-in breasts for US$0.88/lb, 'though
*their* sale price is usually US$1/lb.

Bob Pastorio

Frogleg wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 04:34:10 GMT, Lucas > wrote:
>

>>Sylvia > said

>>>per package (two whole hens). Thats less than the cost per pound
>>>($4.99) for boneless chicken breasts.

>>That's about AUD$7.25 per 500g!!
>>Very expensive chickens you've got there!!

> Not-on-sale boneless breasts here are usually slightly under US$4/lb.
> Right now one supermarket has them on sale for US$1.90/lb. I just
> bought a 'family pack' of bone-in breasts for US$0.88/lb, 'though
> *their* sale price is usually US$1/lb.

Costco last week had boneless breasts for USD2.69. I didn't buy them.
Never do.

Price is only one of the reasons I buy boneless chicken thighs for
USD1.69 at Costco. Meat's more moist, better yield and makes wonderful
broiled, fried or poached chicken dishes. Much better soup, too.

Pastorio

Goomba

Sylvia wrote:

Sylvia, as someone else mentioned, let me also say when you arbitrarily
change the title of a thread it gets kinda annoying... :/ At least
notate it in some fashion, ok? Please?
Goomba
Tigsnona

Here in Auckland, New Zealand, large butcher chain advertised today
boneless chicken breasts for $6.99/kilo - so that's about $2.80/lb. I
don't buy them because they are so bland. Better bet is boneless
skinned chicken thighs that have more flavour - not much more, but
some.

TigsNona
Steve Calvin

-L. wrote:

> Geez. Where do you live?
>
> -L.

New York, but I've also had my bro-in-laws chickens from his farm in
NW, PA. Still no flavor.

--
Steve

Sylvia

Default Annoying things about posts

Gee, since certain people feel free to tell me how to post, I think I
should return the favor. Since intelligent people already know that
Usenet is unregulated and if something annoys you, just skip it, they
don't need to read the following.

Cut down the quoting to you only quote what you're actually referring to.

No one should post who includes more than one previous post in their
message. If they're too stupid to know how to cut the excess, they
shouldn't be allowed to own a computer.

Oh? You say I don't make the rules? Let me point out that neither do
you, oh you self-righteous jerks. I have the courtesy to try to make MY
posts as succinct as possible by ONLY quoting what I'm actually replying
to, and keeping the subject title relevant so thost not interested can
skip it while those who would be interested won't miss it.

If you don't like the way I post, killfile me. Since I only want to
interact with intelligent and courteous people, I won't miss you.

Now, can we stop the "criticize Sylvia" nonsense and get back to
discussing cooking?

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com
Cheyenne WY, USDA zone 5a, Sunset zone 1a
Home of the Wyoming Wind Festival, January 1-December 31
Remove "removethis" from address to reply

Curly Sue

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:51:10 GMT, Sylvia
> wrote:

<snip>

>If you don't like the way I post, killfile me. Since I only want to
>interact with intelligent and courteous people, I won't miss you.

I will gladly avoid your posts in the future. After your uncalled for
nasty response to Nancy, plus some of the other acid remarks you made
in the mayonnaise subject, you have no basis for only interacting
with "courteous" people, since you aren't one yourself.

At your request, and for the benefit of rfc: <plonk>

Good riddance jerk.

Sue(tm)
Reg

Sylvia wrote:

> No one should post who includes more than one previous post in their
> message. If they're too stupid to know how to cut the excess, they
> shouldn't be allowed to own a computer.

Sure. And you invariably snip off the attribution in your responses
(ya know, the thing above that says "Sylvia wrote:"). Not too
bright.

The usenet police are on the way over to confiscate your machine too.

Steve Calvin

Sylvia wrote:

Hope that I snipped enough for ya.

New version of "How to Win Friends and Influence Enemies"? ;-)

--
Steve

PENMART01

In article >, Tigsnona
> writes:

>Here in Auckland, New Zealand, large butcher chain advertised today
>boneless chicken breasts for $6.99/kilo - so that's about $2.80/lb. I
>don't buy them because they are so bland. Better bet is boneless
>skinned chicken thighs that have more flavour - not much more, but
>some.

Why not simply purchase whole chickens... they're almost always more economical
than parts, and certainly healthier (the chicken). And as an aside a chicken
roasted whole tastes far better than fercocktah parts culled from diseased
birds... that's right, marketing chicken parts is the chicken farmer brainstorm
of how to deal with hormone laced cancerous birds (foul fowl). And when a
recipe calls for particular parts what's the big deal about disjointing a
chicken, all that's required is a sharp knife, 60 seconds, and an IQ only
slightly higher than a chicken.

And if all your educated palate can abide are boneless skinless chicken breasts
why not just sprinkle tofu with bouillon powder.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon

PENMART01

Sylvia writes:

>If you don't like the way I post, killfile me. Since I only want to
>interact with intelligent and courteous people, I won't miss you.
>
>Now, can we stop the "criticize Sylvia" nonsense and get back to
>discussing cooking?

You're okay... what's your bra size?