Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat is making me sick

I'm going vegetarian !

I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell if it due
to all the chemicals and what not
in today's mass produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering
middle age.

I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.

And just why do people need meat anyhow once their done growing ?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Shadowland wrote:
> I'm going vegetarian !

Good for you.

Me, I'm having bacon (LOTS of bacon) & eggs for breakfast. Lamb chops for
dinner. You may have my salad. BYE!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

> Shadowland wrote:
>> I'm going vegetarian !
>>

> Good for you.
>
> Me, I'm having bacon (LOTS of bacon) & eggs for breakfast. Lamb chops for
> dinner. You may have my salad. BYE!

Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays plain
potato chips for breakfast and a chuck of 85% cocoa dark chocolate. I'm about
done eating for the day.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> jmcquown said...
>
>> Shadowland wrote:
>>> I'm going vegetarian !
>>>

>> Good for you.
>>
>> Me, I'm having bacon (LOTS of bacon) & eggs for breakfast. Lamb
>> chops for dinner. You may have my salad. BYE!

> Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays
> plain potato chips for breakfast and a chuck of 85% cocoa dark
> chocolate. I'm about done eating for the day.
>
> Andy

I haven't even started yet! But trust me, it won't include vegetables until
dinner time, probably mashed potatoes and peas (or broccoli) to go with the
lamb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays
> plain potato chips for breakfast

I have a burning question....did you put the potato chips in the sandwich
and if you didn't why not?

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> Andy <q> wrote in :
>
>> Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays
>> plain potato chips for breakfast

> I have a burning question....did you put the potato chips in the
> sandwich and if you didn't why not?

Darn! I forgot to buy potato chips!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Shadowland wrote:
> > I'm going vegetarian !
> >

> Good for you.
>
> Me, I'm having bacon (LOTS of bacon) & eggs for breakfast. Lamb chops for
> dinner. You may have my salad. BYE!

You forgot the rare steak... ;-d
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > jmcquown said...

> >> Good for you.
> >>
> >> Me, I'm having bacon (LOTS of bacon) & eggs for breakfast. Lamb
> >> chops for dinner. You may have my salad. BYE!

> > Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays
> > plain potato chips for breakfast and a chuck of 85% cocoa dark
> > chocolate. I'm about done eating for the day.
> >
> > Andy

> I haven't even started yet! But trust me, it won't include vegetables until
> dinner time, probably mashed potatoes and peas (or broccoli) to go with the
> lamb

I'm thinking about some poached eggs about now...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 05:32:21 -0700, Shadowland >
wrote:

> I'm going vegetarian !
>
> I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell if it due
>to all the chemicals and what not
> in today's mass produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering
>middle age.
>
> I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.

Have you tried eating organically raised meats? Maybe that would
help. Niman Ranch is one that has meats with no antibiotics, etc.
Search around and see if you can find someplace in your area that has
meats that are organically raised without antibiotics, etc. You might
also consider grass fed beef, if you eat beef.

If not, then the world of vegetarian cooking is vast and can be very
varied and wonderful.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus said...

> Andy <q> wrote in :
>
>> Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays
>> plain potato chips for breakfast

> I have a burning question....did you put the potato chips in the sandwich
> and if you didn't why not?

Nah. I fish them outta the bag between bites. Why not...?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> hahabogus said...
>
>> Andy <q> wrote in :
>>
>>> Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays
>>> plain potato chips for breakfast

>> I have a burning question....did you put the potato chips in the
>> sandwich and if you didn't why not?

> Nah. I fish them outta the bag between bites. Why not...?
>
> Andy

well, you can add more bbq sauce...the chips act like a binder and
reduce dripping, plus it tastes good that way.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> If not, then the world of vegetarian cooking is vast and can be very
> varied and wonderful.

Especially if you add liver.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:20:29 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 05:32:21 -0700, Shadowland >
>wrote:
>

>> I'm going vegetarian !
>>
>> I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell if it due
>>to all the chemicals and what not
>> in today's mass produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering
>>middle age.
>>
>> I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.

>Have you tried eating organically raised meats? Maybe that would
>help. Niman Ranch is one that has meats with no antibiotics, etc.
>Search around and see if you can find someplace in your area that has
>meats that are organically raised without antibiotics, etc. You might
>also consider grass fed beef, if you eat beef.
>
>If not, then the world of vegetarian cooking is vast and can be very
>varied and wonderful.

At least there's one helpful response here. I agree with Christine's
suggestion of "organically" raised meats. But also, vegetarian
cookery is richly varied, delicious and healthful - unless loaded with
sat fats of course. I am particularly fond of the foods of the
eastern mediterranean, and central/south asia.

TammyM, omnivore
Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus said...

> Andy <q> wrote in :
>
>> hahabogus said...

>>> I have a burning question....did you put the potato chips in the
>>> sandwich and if you didn't why not?

>> Nah. I fish them outta the bag between bites. Why not...?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> well, you can add more bbq sauce...the chips act like a binder and
> reduce dripping, plus it tastes good that way.

Actually, the BBQ sauce (Stubb's mesquite) is too thick. I'm tempted to
thin it down a little. I just pour it onto a paper plate and dip each bite.

Chips would change the consistency and flavor, imho. I just assume keep
them separate. Who wants a soggy potato chip anyway?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> Who wants a soggy potato chip anyway?

Boy you eat slow.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> Christine Dabney > wrote in
> :
>
>> If not, then the world of vegetarian cooking is vast and can be very
>> varied and wonderful.
>>

> Especially if you add liver.

Or a good beef steak

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 1, 9:05 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> > Me, I'm having bacon (LOTS of bacon) & eggs for breakfast. Lamb chops for
> > dinner. You may have my salad. BYE!

> Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays plain
> potato chips for breakfast and a chuck of 85% cocoa dark chocolate. I'm about
> done eating for the day.

Hey go for it.....and have a good laugh while you're at it.

Relatedly the son of my neighbor had to have a toe cut off because it
was turning black. He's diabetic.

And what's the obesity rate now...around 30% ?

How's your weight ?

But the whole thing is a big yuke yuke.

I gonna pig out on some good fresh corn on the cob, maybe some
spagetti squash, and a huge glass of apple cider....oh yeah !!

Oh man that sound 100 times better than all that crappola you clowns
are eating. Been there....done that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> I'm going vegetarian !
>
> I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell if it due
>to all the chemicals and what not
> in today's mass produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering
>middle age.
>
> I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.
>
> And just why do people need meat anyhow once their done growing ?

When people age, their digestive system often becomes sensitive to
meats. My grandfather always had digestive problems, he gave up beef
first and at the end of his life he was just eating chicken... maybe
lamb every now and then.

I find I'm craving meat less and less. Strictly vegetarian meals
don't drive me to the nearest McDonald's anymore.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
(TammyM) wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:20:29 -0600, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 05:32:21 -0700, Shadowland >
> >wrote:
> >

> >> I'm going vegetarian !
> >>
> >> I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell if it due
> >>to all the chemicals and what not
> >> in today's mass produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering
> >>middle age.
> >>
> >> I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.

> >Have you tried eating organically raised meats? Maybe that would
> >help. Niman Ranch is one that has meats with no antibiotics, etc.
> >Search around and see if you can find someplace in your area that has
> >meats that are organically raised without antibiotics, etc. You might
> >also consider grass fed beef, if you eat beef.
> >
> >If not, then the world of vegetarian cooking is vast and can be very
> >varied and wonderful.

> At least there's one helpful response here. I agree with Christine's
> suggestion of "organically" raised meats. But also, vegetarian
> cookery is richly varied, delicious and healthful - unless loaded with
> sat fats of course. I am particularly fond of the foods of the
> eastern mediterranean, and central/south asia.
>
> TammyM, omnivore

As a general rule, stuff like this posted to r.f.c. is a troll.

The person is not a regular poster.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shadowland" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> I'm going vegetarian !
>
> I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell if it due
> to all the chemicals and what not
> in today's mass produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering
> middle age.
>
> I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.
>
> And just why do people need meat anyhow once their done growing ?

Fries with cheese sauce taste great! Don't forget the ketchup!

Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 05:32:21 -0700, Shadowland >

> I'm going vegetarian !

> I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell
> if it due to all the chemicals and what not in today's mass
> produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering middle age.

> I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.

If you have low metabolism in your liver or kidneys,
blood nitrogen compounds build up after eating protein, interfering
with mentation. You might want to get a full blood panel.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
Shadowland > wrote:

> On Sep 1, 9:05 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> > > Me, I'm having bacon (LOTS of bacon) & eggs for breakfast. Lamb chops
> > > for
> > > dinner. You may have my salad. BYE!

> > Me, I had two more homemade BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and Lays plain
> > potato chips for breakfast and a chuck of 85% cocoa dark chocolate. I'm
> > about
> > done eating for the day.

> Hey go for it.....and have a good laugh while you're at it.
>
> Relatedly the son of my neighbor had to have a toe cut off because it
> was turning black. He's diabetic.
>
> And what's the obesity rate now...around 30% ?
>
> How's your weight ?
>
> But the whole thing is a big yuke yuke.
>
> I gonna pig out on some good fresh corn on the cob, maybe some
> spagetti squash, and a huge glass of apple cider....oh yeah !!
>
> Oh man that sound 100 times better than all that crappola you clowns
> are eating. Been there....done that.

You will be diabetic long before I will with a high starch/sugar diet
like that...

What is your fasting glucose level, or do you even know?

What is your triglyceride level?

You may die of cardiac arrest before you have a chance to become a
diabetic.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 12:38:50 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>As a general rule, stuff like this posted to r.f.c. is a troll.
>
>The person is not a regular poster.

Om, I'm aware of that. I've been posting to rfc since 1994. I was
making a point about vegetarian cookery.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Shadowland wrote:

> why do people need meat anyhow once their done growing ?

Because they're brains grow forever.

Sheldon Mensa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Sarah" > wrote:

> "Shadowland" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > I'm going vegetarian !
> >
> > I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell if it due
> > to all the chemicals and what not
> > in today's mass produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering
> > middle age.
> >
> > I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.
> >
> > And just why do people need meat anyhow once their done growing ?
> >

> Fries with cheese sauce taste great! Don't forget the ketchup!
>

> Sarah

Cheese is not vegetarian! ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 14:04:12 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Sarah" > wrote:
>
>> "Shadowland" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> >
>> > I'm going vegetarian !
>> >
>> > I don't feel good after eating meat anymore. I can't tell if it due
>> > to all the chemicals and what not
>> > in today's mass produced meats, or if it's because I'm entering
>> > middle age.
>> >
>> > I have a vague polluted feeling after eating meat.
>> >
>> > And just why do people need meat anyhow once their done growing ?
>> >

>> Fries with cheese sauce taste great! Don't forget the ketchup!
>>

>> Sarah

>Cheese is not vegetarian! ;-)

Many vegetarians eat cheese, eggs and milk. Vegans don't.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> (TammyM) wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:20:29 -0600, Christine Dabney
> > > wrote:

> > >Have you tried eating organically raised meats? Maybe that would
> > >help. Niman Ranch is one that has meats with no antibiotics, etc.
> > >Search around and see if you can find someplace in your area that has
> > >meats that are organically raised without antibiotics, etc. You might
> > >also consider grass fed beef, if you eat beef.
> > >
> > >If not, then the world of vegetarian cooking is vast and can be very
> > >varied and wonderful.

> > At least there's one helpful response here. I agree with Christine's
> > suggestion of "organically" raised meats. But also, vegetarian
> > cookery is richly varied, delicious and healthful - unless loaded with
> > sat fats of course. I am particularly fond of the foods of the
> > eastern mediterranean, and central/south asia.
> >
> > TammyM, omnivore

> As a general rule, stuff like this posted to r.f.c. is a troll.
>
> The person is not a regular poster.

As a rule, yes. But the person said vegetarian and not vegan. In my
experience the vegans are the self-righteous type who like to make a lot of
trouble for the "non-believers."

That said, meat these days tends to make me sick as well. I often feel kind
of queasy after eating a meal rich in red meats. I know this to be due to
the way the cattle are raised. I have far less problems with organic beef
that is not full of antibiotics and growth hormones. It is a medical fact
that drug resistant bacteria are partially due to the widespread use of
antibiotics in meat. There is a growing chorus in the medical community
that is linking such meat to the rapid increase in inflammatory bowel
disease and other bowel ailments. It's much more of a problem than people
realize. Not trying to inflame anyone but that is a fact. It is not so
much the meat as the manner in which the meat is raised.

As long as I can eat dairy and eggs I can live quite happily. A vegetarian
diet really is not so restrictive when dairy is allowed. I could never,
ever go vegan. Way too restrictive, terribly repetitive and tasteless and
then of course you have to deal with other vegans. I'll sit on a nail
before I ever do that again.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> "Sarah" > wrote:
>> Fries with cheese sauce taste great! Don't forget the
>> ketchup!

> Cheese is not vegetarian! ;-)

yeah, it is. so are eggs, milk, yogurt, etc.
none of those are *vegan*, but that's not the same as
vegetarianism.
lee <vegetarian for 25 years. then i grew up>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Shadowland wrote:

> And just why do people need meat anyhow once their done growing ?

Meat is the richest source of carnonutrients,
some of which like vitamin B-12 are essential
for human life. There are no reliable vegetarian
sources of B-12, except B-12 made from selected
strains of bacteria.

Other carnonutrients such as creatine are not
essential, but have been proposed to enhance
some aspects of health such as athletic
performance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <bekCi.848$3R5.422@trnddc05>,
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> That said, meat these days tends to make me sick as well. I often feel kind
> of queasy after eating a meal rich in red meats.

Go see a Gastroenterologist.

You may be developing Colon Cancer.

Changes in dietary and stool habits can be an early hallmark.

You may seriously need to consider a Colonoscopy.

It's advised periodically for people over 50 anyway.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> Shadowland wrote:
> >
> > And just why do people need meat anyhow once their done growing ?

> Meat is the richest source of carnonutrients,
> some of which like vitamin B-12 are essential
> for human life. There are no reliable vegetarian
> sources of B-12, except B-12 made from selected
> strains of bacteria.

I agree for the most part, but Brewers yeast is a good source
theoretically, but only if it's fortified.

The only reliable source for this essential vitamin is MEAT.
If you take it in pill form, that means you are a hypocrite. You have to
consider where that nutrient is created.

> Other carnonutrients such as creatine are not
> essential, but have been proposed to enhance
> some aspects of health such as athletic
> performance.

Whatever.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article <bekCi.848$3R5.422@trnddc05>,
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>
> > That said, meat these days tends to make me sick as well. I often feel

kind
> > of queasy after eating a meal rich in red meats.

> Go see a Gastroenterologist.
>
> You may be developing Colon Cancer.
>
> Changes in dietary and stool habits can be an early hallmark.
>
> You may seriously need to consider a Colonoscopy.

I see one every year, Om. I have suffered from bowel disease my whole life.
I almost died 4 years ago from a perforated colon. So I am very bowel
aware. I have a colonoscopy every two years, in fact the next one is in
November.

> It's advised periodically for people over 50 anyway.

It's a great idea. It is an awful procedure to be sure. But colon cancer
is far worse.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote:

>Go see a Gastroenterologist.
>
>You may be developing Colon Cancer.
>
>Changes in dietary and stool habits can be an early hallmark.
>
>You may seriously need to consider a Colonoscopy.
>
>It's advised periodically for people over 50 anyway.

That may be a little alarmist, but periodic blood work and
a fecal occult blood tests are needed for just about anyone,
especially us ol' folk. A doctor will then tell you if you need
to be 'scoped.

OTOH hand they are developing non-invasive tests using stool DNA,
so waiting until those are available is the other approach.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 14:43:31 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>> >Cheese is not vegetarian! ;-)

>> Many vegetarians eat cheese, eggs and milk. Vegans don't.
>>
>> TammyM

>Oops.
>
>Damned esoteric terminology!!!
>
><grumble>

If you lived in California, you'd know or get kicked out of the state
:-)

TammyM, native Whacko Californian
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Omelet > wrote:
>
> >Go see a Gastroenterologist.
> >
> >You may be developing Colon Cancer.
> >
> >Changes in dietary and stool habits can be an early hallmark.
> >
> >You may seriously need to consider a Colonoscopy.
> >
> >It's advised periodically for people over 50 anyway.

> That may be a little alarmist, but periodic blood work and
> a fecal occult blood tests are needed for just about anyone,
> especially us ol' folk. A doctor will then tell you if you need
> to be 'scoped.
>
> OTOH hand they are developing non-invasive tests using stool DNA,
> so waiting until those are available is the other approach.

What the colonoscopy can do that a DNA test cannot is to look for polyps.
Polyps often turn to cancer in time. So the sooner they are detected and
removed, the better your chances of avoiding cancer. They are very hard to
detect on x-rays, a visual is the best method.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <4ZlCi.855$3R5.674@trnddc05>,
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

\
> > You may seriously need to consider a Colonoscopy.

> I see one every year, Om. I have suffered from bowel disease my whole life.

Ditto here, since age 12.

> I almost died 4 years ago from a perforated colon. So I am very bowel
> aware. I have a colonoscopy every two years, in fact the next one is in
> November.

I've not had one now for 15 years, but they are rather memorable. ;-)
I'm 45.

They tend to be rather "expensive" so are prohibitive if you don't have
god health insurance.

> > It's advised periodically for people over 50 anyway.

> It's a great idea. It is an awful procedure to be sure.

Not with the proper drugs!

> But colon cancer
> is far worse.

Indeed.
That tends to be highly fatal.

--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Are depleted soils making the food and thus us SICK phil..c General Cooking 5 26-03-2009 10:56 PM
SICK MEAT Sheldon General Cooking 36 02-10-2007 02:45 PM
ARE YOUR CLEANSERS MAKING YOU SICK? type General Cooking 0 06-01-2007 04:21 PM
ARE YOUR CLEANSERS MAKING YOU SICK? type General Cooking 0 06-01-2007 04:18 PM
Fruits and veggies making us sick? Steve General Cooking 236 29-12-2005 05:38 PM