alzelt

Default Something new at Costco, I think

Last time I stopped into Costco (the business one), I browsed the
bottled spice and herb section. They sell the large jars of McCormick
products. They had two that were exactly what I use all the time. They
had French Mediterranean Sea Salt and Old Bay. Good prices, too. Perhaps
they also sell them at the "regular" Costco's as well.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Kent H.

They do. McCormick seasonings get very low marks from Cooks' Illustrated
and from me.
Kent

alzelt wrote:

> Last time I stopped into Costco (the business one), I browsed the
> bottled spice and herb section. They sell the large jars of McCormick
> products. They had two that were exactly what I use all the time. They
> had French Mediterranean Sea Salt and Old Bay. Good prices, too. Perhaps
> they also sell them at the "regular" Costco's as well.
> --
> Alan
>
> "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
> avoid the people, you might better stay home."
> --James Michener

Greg Zywicki

alzelt > wrote in message >...
> Last time I stopped into Costco (the business one), I browsed the
> bottled spice and herb section. They sell the large jars of McCormick
> products. They had two that were exactly what I use all the time. They
> had French Mediterranean Sea Salt and Old Bay. Good prices, too. Perhaps
> they also sell them at the "regular" Costco's as well.

Here in Michigan, all Costcos are "the business ones." And they've
had McCormick products for the year or two I've been going there. The
salt and old bay might be new, though.

Greg Zywicki
Nancy Howells

In article
>, alzelt
> wrote:

> Last time I stopped into Costco (the business one), I browsed the
> bottled spice and herb section. They sell the large jars of McCormick
> products. They had two that were exactly what I use all the time. They
> had French Mediterranean Sea Salt and Old Bay. Good prices, too. Perhaps
> they also sell them at the "regular" Costco's as well.

Yes, I believe they do - at least, they do at the one I use in
Massachusetts.

--
Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send mail).
Aria

As a personal preference I love the McCormics Monterey steak seasoning. I
love the marinade as well. Use it frequently.

"Nancy Howells" > wrote in message
> In article
> >, alzelt
> > wrote:
>
> > Last time I stopped into Costco (the business one), I browsed the
> > bottled spice and herb section. They sell the large jars of McCormick
> > products. They had two that were exactly what I use all the time. They
> > had French Mediterranean Sea Salt and Old Bay. Good prices, too. Perhaps
> > they also sell them at the "regular" Costco's as well.

> Yes, I believe they do - at least, they do at the one I use in
> Massachusetts.
>
> --
> Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send

mail).

alzelt

Kent H. wrote:

> They do. McCormick seasonings get very low marks from Cooks' Illustrated
> and from me.
> Kent
>
> alzelt wrote:
>
>>Last time I stopped into Costco (the business one), I browsed the
>>bottled spice and herb section. They sell the large jars of McCormick
>>products. They had two that were exactly what I use all the time. They
>>had French Mediterranean Sea Salt and Old Bay. Good prices, too. Perhaps
>>they also sell them at the "regular" Costco's as well.
>>--
>>Alan
>>
>>"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
>>avoid the people, you might better stay home."
>> --James Michener

That's fine, but they bought Old Bay, and it is a damn fine spice. I can
probably assure you that CI did not test that one.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Kent H.

A Troll!
I don't believe there is anything in the initial post that suggested the
poster bought Old Bay, only that their products are in CostCock's
store[s]. I'm not asking for a response.

alzelt wrote:

> Kent H. wrote:
>
> > They do. McCormick seasonings get very low marks from Cooks' Illustrated
> > and from me.
> > Kent
> >
> > alzelt wrote:
> >
> >>Last time I stopped into Costco (the business one), I browsed the
> >>bottled spice and herb section. They sell the large jars of McCormick
> >>products. They had two that were exactly what I use all the time. They
> >>had French Mediterranean Sea Salt and Old Bay. Good prices, too. Perhaps
> >>they also sell them at the "regular" Costco's as well.
> >>--
> >>Alan
> >>
> >>"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
> >>avoid the people, you might better stay home."
> >> --James Michener

> That's fine, but they bought Old Bay, and it is a damn fine spice. I can
> probably assure you that CI did not test that one.
> --
> Alan
>
> "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
> avoid the people, you might better stay home."
> --James Michener

Kent H.

A little like liking Morton's salt

Aria wrote:

> As a personal preference I love the McCormics Monterey steak seasoning. I
> love the marinade as well. Use it frequently.
>
> "Nancy Howells" > wrote in message
> > In article
> > >, alzelt
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Last time I stopped into Costco (the business one), I browsed the
> > > bottled spice and herb section. They sell the large jars of McCormick
> > > products. They had two that were exactly what I use all the time. They
> > > had French Mediterranean Sea Salt and Old Bay. Good prices, too. Perhaps
> > > they also sell them at the "regular" Costco's as well.

> > Yes, I believe they do - at least, they do at the one I use in
> > Massachusetts.
> >
> > --
> > Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send

> mail).

Gina *

>>That's fine, but they bought Old Bay, and it is >>a damn fine spice. I

can probably assure you >>that CI did not test that one.
>>--

<<Alan
..
..
Amen, Brother! Here near the Chesapeake, Old Bay is more a sacrament
than a condiment. CI and America's Test Kitchen are not the arbiter's of
taste, pun intended, that they think they are.

~~~Gina~~~