Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Artichoke Recipes!

I saw a recipe for artichoke bake in here, and that reminded me of
another cooking question that has been burning in my mind.

Does anyone have any artichoke recipes for the whole artichoke, and
not just the heart? Stuffed artichoke recipes would be greatly
appreciated as well!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Honey_Bunny_025 wrote:
> I saw a recipe for artichoke bake in here, and that reminded me of
> another cooking question that has been burning in my mind.
>
> Does anyone have any artichoke recipes for the whole artichoke, and
> not just the heart? Stuffed artichoke recipes would be greatly
> appreciated as well!

It all depends on what you wish to stuff an artichoke with. After trimming
the stem so the artichoke sits flat, trim the sharp spines off the leaves.
Gently spread the leaves and scrape out the fuzzy choke from the heart. You
may now stuff it with any number of things, although I wouldn't recommend
anything greasy like ground beef.

I don't have a recipe right at my fingertips but I've done an herbed
breadcrumb stuffing with a small amount of added thawed raw "salad shrimp"
that was quite nice. Place the stuffed artichoke(s) on a steamer basket
over about 1 inch of water. I add a splash of lemon juice to the water.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and steam about 30 minutes or until the
stem of the choke is easily pierced with a fork.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Honey_Bunny_025" > ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
>I saw a recipe for artichoke bake in here, and that reminded me of
> another cooking question that has been burning in my mind.
>
> Does anyone have any artichoke recipes for the whole artichoke, and
> not just the heart? Stuffed artichoke recipes would be greatly
> appreciated as well!

Make "carciofi alla giudìa" a roman recipe.

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 31, 6:28 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Honey_Bunny_025 wrote:
> > I saw a recipe for artichoke bake in here, and that reminded me of
> > another cooking question that has been burning in my mind.

> > Does anyone have any artichoke recipes for the whole artichoke, and
> > not just the heart? Stuffed artichoke recipes would be greatly
> > appreciated as well!

> It all depends on what you wish to stuff an artichoke with. After trimming
> the stem so the artichoke sits flat, trim the sharp spines off the leaves.
> Gently spread the leaves and scrape out the fuzzy choke from the heart. You
> may now stuff it with any number of things, although I wouldn't recommend
> anything greasy like ground beef.
>
> I don't have a recipe right at my fingertips but I've done an herbed
> breadcrumb stuffing with a small amount of added thawed raw "salad shrimp"
> that was quite nice. Place the stuffed artichoke(s) on a steamer basket
> over about 1 inch of water. I add a splash of lemon juice to the water.
> Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and steam about 30 minutes or until the
> stem of the choke is easily pierced with a fork.
>
> Jill

Thank you for your recipe! I will try it out next time I make
artichokes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 1, 5:58 am, "Pandora" > wrote:
> "Honey_Bunny_025" > ha scritto nel messaggionews:1185926837.123194.275400@g12g2000prg .googlegroups.com...>I saw a recipe for artichoke bake in here, and that reminded me of
> > another cooking question that has been burning in my mind.

> > Does anyone have any artichoke recipes for the whole artichoke, and
> > not just the heart? Stuffed artichoke recipes would be greatly
> > appreciated as well!

> Make "carciofi alla giudìa" a roman recipe.
>
> --
> Kisses
> Pandora

Sounds interesting! I will look this up on the internet and see what I
come up with. Thanks,

Lori