Meatloaf With Shredded Wheat

Old 19-07-2007, 05:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meatloaf With Shredded Wheat

My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
out? Thanks.

ER

Old 19-07-2007, 07:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"ipmsFL" wrote in message
oups.com...
My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
out? Thanks.

Substitute shredded wheat for cracker or bread crumbs. Crumble it up. Voila!

Old 19-07-2007, 07:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"ipmsFL" wrote in message
oups.com...
My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
out? Thanks.

ER

See below.

Dimitri

Kraft Foods site:

Savory Meatloaf

Recipe Rating:

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Makes: 12 servings

2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 lb. ground beef
3 biscuits POST Shredded Wheat Cereal, crushed
1 can (8 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

PREHEAT oven to 375F. Beat eggs and milk in large bowl with wire whisk until
well blended. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
SHAPE meat mixture into oval loaf in shallow baking pan.
BAKE 1 hour or until cooked through (160F).

Old 19-07-2007, 11:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 19, 12:38 pm, ipmsFL wrote:
My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
out? Thanks.

ER

I never heard of it, but I've experimented with a lot of different
fillers for meatloaf and all of them turned out well. (rolled oats,
rye bread, poppy seed rolls, pumpernickel, rice, etc.).

I'd substitute equal amounts of crushed shredded wheat and mix it with
the liquid ingedients first for a softer meatloaf, or with the ground
meat for a drier loaf. Depending on how you like it, you might have
to add more liquid

BTW: If your recipe calls for ketchup, try tomato paste instead and
add you own seasonings: paprika, black pepper, basil, worchestershire
sauce.

Old 20-07-2007, 12:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 19, 12:38?pm, ipmsFL wrote:
My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
out? Thanks.

ER

Thanks to those who responded.