SPOONS

Default Can I freeze...????

Hi all,

I'm making some spinach & feta phyllo triangle appetizers and I was
wondering can they be frozen? If so, then do I bake them first and then
freeze or freeze unbaked?

Thanks a bunch,
SPOONS

Peggy

SPOONS wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm making some spinach & feta phyllo triangle appetizers and I was
> wondering can they be frozen? If so, then do I bake them first and then
> freeze or freeze unbaked?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> SPOONS

Bake them first, else you'll have a gluey mess. Freeze with wax paper
between layers of triangles. Try to squeeze as much air as possible out
of the package.
Peg

Nancy Young

SPOONS wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm making some spinach & feta phyllo triangle appetizers and I was
> wondering can they be frozen? If so, then do I bake them first and then
> freeze or freeze unbaked?

I've frozen them unbaked. I don't know how they'd fare being
cooked, then reheated.

nancy
LIMEYNO1

Freeze them raw.

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith that
saves is faith in Him

www.peagramfamily.com
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

225/207/145
"SPOONS" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm making some spinach & feta phyllo triangle appetizers and I was
> wondering can they be frozen? If so, then do I bake them first and then
> freeze or freeze unbaked?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> SPOONS

Nexis

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm making some spinach & feta phyllo triangle appetizers and I was
> wondering can they be frozen? If so, then do I bake them first and then
> freeze or freeze unbaked?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> SPOONS

I would freeze them uncooked, so that the appetizers will still be like
fresh when you do bake them. I've made other appetizers and pastries with
both phyllo and puff pastry and they turned out better baked from raw rather
than reheated. The one set I did reheat, the crunch was lost.

kimberly

Arri London

SPOONS wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm making some spinach & feta phyllo triangle appetizers and I was
> wondering can they be frozen? If so, then do I bake them first and then
> freeze or freeze unbaked?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> SPOONS

I seem to get better results freezing them unbaked. Place them on a
baking sheet and freeze individually. Once they are solid, wrap well and
put back in the freezer.
Scott Taylor

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm making some spinach & feta phyllo triangle appetizers and I was
> wondering can they be frozen? If so, then do I bake them first and then
> freeze or freeze unbaked?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> SPOONS

Freeze them unbaked, and be sure you put them into the oven right from the
freezer--don't defrost before baking.

-Scott

SPOONS

Default Thanks everyone...Can I freeze...????

Thanks everyone....I really appricate it. I did freeze them unbaked.
SPOONS

k.net...