Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Drinking hot water

Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Albert wrote:
> Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
> stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

I should think avoiding that is better done by avoiding oily foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:16:20 -0000, Albert
> wrote:

>Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
>stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

Hot or cold, after a few minutes, it's going to be at body temperature
anyway. Drink whichever you like best.

--
Zilbandy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Albert" > wrote

> Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
> stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
to do with what I've eaten.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in
:

> "Albert" > wrote
>
>> Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
>> stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

> Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
> to do with what I've eaten.
>
> nancy

more likely cold water will cause troubles as the colder the water the
more air that is dissolved in it...that means more chlorine and more
floride will be in it than if it were room temp or warmer.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Albert" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
> stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

Why risk it? Drink wine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Albert" > wrote
>
>> Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
>> stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

> Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
> to do with what I've eaten.
>
> nancy

Nancy, drinking hot water from the tap is a big NO-No!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"margaret suran" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> "Albert" > wrote
>>
>>> Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
>>> stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

>> Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
>> to do with what I've eaten.

> Nancy, drinking hot water from the tap is a big NO-No!

Don't worry about me, I don't do that ... it makes me queasy. Heh.

I also don't cook with hot water from the tap. For some reason that's
a controversial subject around this newsgroup.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "margaret suran" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> "Albert" > wrote

>>> Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
>>> to do with what I've eaten.

>> Nancy, drinking hot water from the tap is a big NO-No!

> Don't worry about me, I don't do that ... it makes me queasy. Heh.
>
> I also don't cook with hot water from the tap. For some reason that's
> a controversial subject around this newsgroup.
>
> nancy

How come it is controversial? There used to be (still may be) cases of
lead poisoning from drinking hot tap water, especially in housing
projects. Other metals and chemicals are also present. Even the cold
water should run for a while before using it.

Of course I worry about you, silly girl.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> I also don't cook with hot water from the tap. For some reason that's
> a controversial subject around this newsgroup.
>
> nancy

My husband makes me run filtered water through our Bunn coffee maker if I
want to use hot water for cooking. I've always used hot water from the tap.
I'm not quite dead, yet.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Albert" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
>> stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?
>>

> Why risk it? Drink wine.

LOL, now there's a perfect answer.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 24, 7:27?am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> "Albert" > wrote
>
> > Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
> > stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

> Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
> to do with what I've eaten.

Your hot water tank is bacteria laden (as are your hot water pipes),
the system needs to be shocked once a year with bleach (your cold
water pipes need shocking too but that's as bit more difficult)...
even if your domestic water is chlorinated by the municipality it's
not nearly strong enough to kill the bacteria that thrive in hot water
tanks. It's pretty easy to do yourself or any plumber can for a the
price of a ten minute house call and a pint of laundry bleach. Btw,
bottled water is not sterile water, bottled water almost always
contains a higher bacteria count than what comes from your own tap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>>I also don't cook with hot water from the tap. For some reason that's
>>a controversial subject around this newsgroup.
>>
>>nancy

> My husband makes me run filtered water through our Bunn coffee maker if I
> want to use hot water for cooking. I've always used hot water from the tap.
> I'm not quite dead, yet.

My great, great Aunt Mamie drank an enormous mug of hot water with lemon
juice every morning. Claimed it kept her regular

She always drew cold water from the tap and boiled it in a kettle
because "bad things from the pipes can melt into hot water". Not a bad
understanding of the problem coming from someone born just after the
dawn of the 20th century.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen wrote:

> My great, great Aunt Mamie drank an enormous mug of hot water with lemon
> juice every morning. Claimed it kept her regular

I worked part of one summer about thirty years ago as a busboy at the
Leibowitz Pine View Hotel in South Fallsburg in the Catskill
Mountains' borscht belt. There was a little old lady who ordered the
same thing for breakfast every morning--"Gless hot vater mit two
prunes dahlinck." You'll have to supply your own Yiddish accent.

-bwg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

margaret suran wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> "Albert" > wrote
>>
>>> Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
>>> stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

>> Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
>> to do with what I've eaten.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Nancy, drinking hot water from the tap is a big NO-No!
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

another reason to let the tap run before you take a drink of water. if
you don't, the pipe could be filled with all water from the tank from
previous use of the hot water side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "margaret suran" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> "Albert" > wrote

>>> Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
>>> to do with what I've eaten.

>> Nancy, drinking hot water from the tap is a big NO-No!

> Don't worry about me, I don't do that ... it makes me queasy. Heh.
>
> I also don't cook with hot water from the tap. For some reason that's
> a controversial subject around this newsgroup.
>
> nancy

i can't believe someone would think of using hot water from the tap...
makes no sense to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-bwg" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Kathleen wrote:
>>
>> My great, great Aunt Mamie drank an enormous mug of hot water with lemon
>> juice every morning. Claimed it kept her regular
>>

> I worked part of one summer about thirty years ago as a busboy at the
> Leibowitz Pine View Hotel in South Fallsburg in the Catskill
> Mountains' borscht belt. There was a little old lady who ordered the
> same thing for breakfast every morning--"Gless hot vater mit two
> prunes dahlinck." You'll have to supply your own Yiddish accent.

You already supplied it! That was actually very good!

BTW, every time I see your nym I think "Big Wide Grin."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "-bwg" > wrote in message
> > I worked part of one summer about thirty years ago as a busboy at the
> > Leibowitz Pine View Hotel in South Fallsburg in the Catskill
> > Mountains' borscht belt. There was a little old lady who ordered the
> > same thing for breakfast every morning--"Gless hot vater mit two
> > prunes dahlinck." You'll have to supply your own Yiddish accent.
> >

> You already supplied it! That was actually very good!

I think that unless you know to listen for it, it loses some of the
guttural quality in the "h" and the "r"s.

> BTW, every time I see your nym I think "Big Wide Grin."

That's me, all right--A regular Guy Smiley.

-bwg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-bwg wrote:
> Kathleen wrote:
>
>>My great, great Aunt Mamie drank an enormous mug of hot water with lemon
>>juice every morning. Claimed it kept her regular
>>

> I worked part of one summer about thirty years ago as a busboy at the
> Leibowitz Pine View Hotel in South Fallsburg in the Catskill
> Mountains' borscht belt. There was a little old lady who ordered the
> same thing for breakfast every morning--"Gless hot vater mit two
> prunes dahlinck." You'll have to supply your own Yiddish accent.

Aunt Mamie wasn't Yiddish but she did have four grandsons/nephews who
were plumbers who kept her on the up and up with regards to drinking
water safety. Too bad there were no electricians in the family to tell
her the TV anchormen couldn't look up her skirt when she watched the news.