Shelf life of Coleslaw

Old 05-06-2007, 02:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shelf life of Coleslaw

I bought some very good Coleslaw a the deli to use on hamburgers. How
long should it last?

Old 05-06-2007, 03:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" wrote in message
I bought some very good Coleslaw a the deli to use on hamburgers. How
long should it last?

3 - 4 days is the most I'd keep it.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:
I bought some very good Coleslaw a the deli to use on hamburgers. How
long should it last?

If it's really all that good, it shouldn't last long at all.

Bluto©

Old 05-06-2007, 05:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Terry wrote:

I bought some very good Coleslaw a the deli to use on hamburgers. How
long should it last?

I'd give a day, maybe two. They usually get wet and limp within a day
or so of making.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog - Orange Honey
Old 05-06-2007, 05:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 4, 11:18 pm, "Bluto" wrote:
Terry wrote:
I bought some very good Coleslaw a the deli to use on hamburgers. How
long should it last?

If it's really all that good, it shouldn't last long at all.

Bluto©

It was so good that I bought too much.

I will know better next time.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"Terry" wrote in message
I bought some very good Coleslaw a the deli to use on hamburgers. How
long should it last?

3 - 4 days is the most I'd keep it.

If you don't want to make cole slaw; stir fry it or put it in soup.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Terry wrote:

I bought some very good Coleslaw a the deli to use on hamburgers. How
long should it last?

Is it mayonaise based or vinegar based? If it has mayo, two or three
days. If vinegar, probably a week. Either way, seal the bowl tightly.