Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default fava beans difficulties

What is the secret? Do you have to parboil and then skin them again?
Is there an easy way to do it? And, then what is a simple preparation
for these things? I think I would like them if I knew how to cook
them.

thanks in advance,
Karen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen wrote:
> What is the secret? Do you have to parboil and then skin them again?
> Is there an easy way to do it? And, then what is a simple preparation
> for these things? I think I would like them if I knew how to cook
> them.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Karen

I just cook them and eat them, but mine may be fresher. The skin pops
right off when they are cooked. Just pinch the bean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I think it all depends on the freshness of the beans. Very Young and
straight from the garden, you can just depod them and then put in
boiling water for a bit, when they start to deform, they are ready and
can be eaten as is. If they are older/bigger then they will need more
cooking and then de-skinning.

Steve

Giusi wrote:
> Karen wrote:
>> What is the secret? Do you have to parboil and then skin them again?
>> Is there an easy way to do it? And, then what is a simple preparation
>> for these things? I think I would like them if I knew how to cook
>> them.
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>> Karen
>>

> I just cook them and eat them, but mine may be fresher. The skin pops
> right off when they are cooked. Just pinch the bean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
Karen > wrote:

> What is the secret? Do you have to parboil and then skin them again?
> Is there an easy way to do it? And, then what is a simple preparation
> for these things? I think I would like them if I knew how to cook
> them.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Karen

I eat them skins and all. I boil them for a few minutes and then saute
them in olive oil and garlic until the skins break. The skins are a
little tough but I like the crispy character that they take on. If you
want to peel them the larger beans are easier to deal with.

D.M.

dry fava beans Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 9 12-04-2012 02:14 PM
fava beans sf[_9_] General Cooking 34 25-05-2010 12:22 AM
Fava beans? Nancy Young General Cooking 23 28-04-2008 02:31 AM
Fava Beans dwåcôn General Cooking 3 07-09-2005 11:49 AM