Hidden Bottom Element Stove Questions

Old 10-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Hahabogus
Usenet poster

Default Hidden Bottom Element Stove Questions

I was wondering if any one out there has one of these electric.hidden
element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this effects cooking in
them. Looks like it would be easier to clean. Thinking of ditching my pre-
digital electric stove and moving into the present.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:24 PM
Queeg
Usenet poster

"Hahabogus" wrote in message
. 1...
I was wondering if any one out there has one of these electric.hidden
element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this effects cooking in
them. Looks like it would be easier to clean. Thinking of ditching my pre-
digital electric stove and moving into the present.

I've got a Kitchenaid with convection. Works great, and much easier/quicker
to clean.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Frenchy
Usenet poster

"Hahabogus" wrote in message
. 1...
I was wondering if any one out there has one of these electric.hidden
element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this effects cooking in
them. Looks like it would be easier to clean. Thinking of ditching my pre-
digital electric stove and moving into the present.

Have a Bosch and it is superb!

Frenchy

Old 10-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Robert Klute
Usenet poster

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:23:52 GMT, Hahabogus
wrote:

I was wondering if any one out there has one of these electric.hidden
element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this effects cooking in
them. Looks like it would be easier to clean. Thinking of ditching my pre-
digital electric stove and moving into the present.

Do you mean oven? If so, I have a Creda that has a hidden lower
element. It works fine. I leave a large pizza stone on the bottom.

The manufacturer says you can bake without racks, but I do have to be
careful about putting dishes directly on the bottom. The bottom of the
dish can get overcooked/browned (even without the pizza stone). I have
taken to putting a cooling rack on the bottom when I need to, to get a
little air space. It still leaves me with plenty of extra room for
large items or extra shelf space.

Old 10-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Hahabogus
Usenet poster

Robert Klute wrote in
:

wrote:

I was wondering if any one out there has one of these electric.hidden
element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this effects cooking in
them. Looks like it would be easier to clean. Thinking of ditching my
pre- digital electric stove and moving into the present.

Do you mean oven? If so, I have a Creda that has a hidden lower
element. It works fine. I leave a large pizza stone on the bottom.

The manufacturer says you can bake without racks, but I do have to be
careful about putting dishes directly on the bottom. The bottom of
the dish can get overcooked/browned (even without the pizza stone). I
have taken to putting a cooling rack on the bottom when I need to, to
get a little air space. It still leaves me with plenty of extra room
for large items or extra shelf space.

Yes I mean oven. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Harry Demidavicius
Usenet poster

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:24:24 GMT, "Queeg"
wrote:

"Hahabogus" wrote in message
.1...
I was wondering if any one out there has one of these electric.hidden
element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this effects cooking in
them. Looks like it would be easier to clean. Thinking of ditching my pre-
digital electric stove and moving into the present.

I've got a Kitchenaid with convection. Works great, and much easier/quicker
to clean.

We have one of thesetoo; it works very well. The dealer said it's OK
to put stuff on the "floor" at low temps but did not advise using it
to put a stone there.

Harry
Old 11-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Hahabogus
Usenet poster

Harry Demidavicius wrote in
:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:24:24 GMT, "Queeg"
wrote:

"Hahabogus" wrote in message
. 0.1...
I was wondering if any one out there has one of these
electric.hidden element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this
effects cooking in them. Looks like it would be easier to clean.
Thinking of ditching my pre- digital electric stove and moving into
the present.

I've got a Kitchenaid with convection. Works great, and much
easier/quicker to clean.

We have one of thesetoo; it works very well. The dealer said it's OK
to put stuff on the "floor" at low temps but did not advise using it
to put a stone there.

Harry

Well I got a kenmore convection with the hidden bottom element coming. I
bit the bullet ...seems I might need schoolin' to use the new stove. Way to
many buttons and knobs. Does it really phone you when the food is cooked?

Old 11-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Wayne Boatwright
Usenet poster

Hahabogus wrote in
. 1:

I was wondering if any one out there has one of these electric.hidden
element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this effects cooking in
them. Looks like it would be easier to clean. Thinking of ditching my
pre- digital electric stove and moving into the present.

I had a GE with the bottom element underneath the oven cavity. It was
great for covenience and cleaning, however, temperature maintenance was
very difficult and erratic. This may have not been the fault of the bottom
element, but I never had the problem checked out before I got rid of it.

Wayne
Old 12-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Harry Demidavicius
Usenet poster

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 05:12:32 GMT, Hahabogus
wrote:

Harry Demidavicius wrote in
:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:24:24 GMT, "Queeg"
wrote:

"Hahabogus" wrote in message
.0.1...
I was wondering if any one out there has one of these
electric.hidden element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this
effects cooking in them. Looks like it would be easier to clean.
Thinking of ditching my pre- digital electric stove and moving into
the present.

I've got a Kitchenaid with convection. Works great, and much
easier/quicker to clean.

We have one of these too; it works very well. The dealer said it's OK
to put stuff on the "floor" at low temps but did not advise using it
to put a stone there.

Harry

Well I got a kenmore convection with the hidden bottom element coming. I
bit the bullet ...seems I might need schoolin' to use the new stove. Way to
many buttons and knobs. Does it really phone you when the food is cooked?

In both Official Languages . . . .

Harry

Just make sure the oven thermometer/thermostat thingie is accurate.
Polder it.

Harry