Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken riggies

Chicken riggies are a way of preparing chicken, rigatoni and veggies
in a spicy tomato based sauce. Many chefs use more of a vodka sauce
than marinara, but there are countless variations of the recipe.
Chicken riggies originate from central New York in Utica. See
www.riggiefest.net for more info.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi > wrote in

> This seems like a good recipe:
>
> "Tender chicken chunks simmered in a heavy cream sauce with
> peppers and onions; then tossed with rigatoni for a hearty
> meal."
>
> http://chicken.betterrecipes.com/chickenriggies.html

I forgot to quote the recipe from above.
Quoted

"
Ingredients:

• 4 Tbsp butter
• 2-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size
pieces
• 8 oz pkg mushrooms, sliced
• 1 medium green pepper, chopped
• 1 medium hot pepper, chopped (optional)
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cups water
• 2 tsp chicken bouillon OR 2 cubes
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• 1/2 pint heavy cream
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp parsley
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 cup black olives
• 2 Tbsp cornstarch
• 1 lb rigatoni, cooked & drained
Method:

In a large pot, melt butter and add chicken. Cook over medium heat
until tender Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Add peppers and
onions and continue cooking until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add
water, bouillon, sauce, heavy cream and spices. Bring to a boil,
reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
Add olives and simmer 5 minutes more. In a small bowl, mix
cornstarch with 2 Tbsp water until it dissolves. Add to the sauce,
stirring continuously until it thickens. When thickened, mix sauce
with rigatoni together in deep bowl and serve immediately. Sprinkle
with parmesan cheese
Notes:

Number of servings: 8

Submitted By: MargeSLP"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22 Apr 2007 17:18:06 -0700, wrote:

>Chicken riggies are a way of preparing chicken, rigatoni and veggies
>in a spicy tomato based sauce. Many chefs use more of a vodka sauce
>than marinara, but there are countless variations of the recipe.
>Chicken riggies originate from central New York in Utica. See

www.riggiefest.net for more info.

I'm partial to East Utica greens.

Sue(tm)

Springfield Missouri Cashew Chicken Nugget & Chicken Fried Rice Duane Novak Recipes (moderated) 0 18-04-2007 05:27 PM
A healthier Wendy's Spicy Chicken ( batter of baked chicken ). Thaddeus L Olczyk General Cooking 6 24-04-2006 11:50 PM
Chicken Riggies Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-10-2005 01:18 PM
Vertical Chicken Roaster: CAJUN ROAST CHICKEN WITH CORN BREAD Duckie ® Recipes 0 13-07-2005 02:08 AM
Vertical Chicken Roaster: Lynne's Vertically Roasted Chicken Duckie ® Recipes 0 13-07-2005 02:05 AM