Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Huh?

Okay, I've only been away FOUR days and there are 2484 unread messages
on rfc. I believe I'll just mark everything "read" and start over.
I love you guys, but not enough to spend the rest of the month catching up.

Spent the past 4 days skiing at Copper Mt. with relatives from the east
coast. Frustration is watching 3 and 5 yr. old cousins trying to outdo
each other on the slope when neither one has any control and they just
want to beat one another up and down the mountain. Ah, well, they're
not MY children. We lived through this stage ~30 years ago with ours.

OB food: it's just weird to be invited to eat with people who are on
diets plus "frugal" in their eating habits despite having big bucks.
Luckily we only planned one meal with the whole family in their condo
and our side of the family ate out the rest of the time since we were in
hotel rooms w/o cooking facilities.

The next few days we host small groups of family members overnight
between their mountain retreats and the airport. Tonight will be a stir
fry with chicken-mushrooms-pea-pods and a side of sauteed asparagus with
garlic. Anyone who doesn't like it can heat up either leftover turkey
soup or beef-burgundy stew. It happens once a year and it's almost over.

I skied for a whole day for the first time in almost five years and I
did pretty well, keeping up with my niece's au pair from So. Africa and
my sister-in-law. And I ENJOYED it for the first time in a long while.
Maybe I'm not as old as I feel....

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Puester > wrote:

> Okay, I've only been away FOUR days and there are 2484 unread messages
> on rfc. I believe I'll just mark everything "read" and start over.
> I love you guys, but not enough to spend the rest of the month catching up.

It's a busy group.

Sort by subject. :-)

I logged in to over 500 messages this morning because I had a busy
weekend.

It's all good! <lol>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:16:00 GMT, Puester wrote:
>
> > Okay, I've only been away FOUR days and there are 2484 unread messages
> > on rfc. I believe I'll just mark everything "read" and start over.
> > I love you guys, but not enough to spend the rest of the month catching up.

> Kill all threads marked OT and any thread started by a
> Google-poster and you'll cut that down by more than half.
>
> ObFood: I made that pasta salad. Bowtie pasta, mayo, caesar
> dressing, reduced balsamic vinegar, artichoke hearts, proscuitto,
> pearl onions, blanched juillened carrots, juillianed diakon,
> roasted poblano peppers, basil and oregano.
>
> -sw

You forgot my lunch invitation. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:16:00 GMT, Puester >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Okay, I've only been away FOUR days and there are 2484 unread messages
>on rfc. I believe I'll just mark everything "read" and start over.
>I love you guys, but not enough to spend the rest of the month catching up.

<snip>

I do this every time we're gone for a few days or work interferes
(usually when we're in trial).

>Spent the past 4 days skiing at Copper Mt. with relatives from the east
>coast.

I am so jealous I could spit. I moved from Denver almost 6 years ago
to SoCal and Copper was my favorite place to ski. There used to be an
Italian restaurant near the bottom of the American Flyer lift that was
awesome. Copper had one of the best run layouts I ever experienced.
<sniff!>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:09:25 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:16:00 GMT, Puester >
>rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>

>>Okay, I've only been away FOUR days and there are 2484 unread messages
>>on rfc. I believe I'll just mark everything "read" and start over.
>>I love you guys, but not enough to spend the rest of the month catching up.

><snip>
>
>I do this every time we're gone for a few days or work interferes
>(usually when we're in trial).

This is what you have to do with rfc..... scan the posts if you've let
it slide move than a day. Heck. I didn't let it slide yesterday and
I still had more than 700 posts today. I think 300 of them must have
been filitered out becuse what I read was a lot, but it didn't seem
like over 700.

--
See return address to reply by email