Reheat panini?

Old 11-03-2007, 05:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Reheat panini?

I love making panini and would like to serve them more for a crowd
Making them at the last minute for a crowd is next to impossible (even
with the biggest panini press). How much does the taste/texture suffer
if you make them in advance using a panini press and then reheat in an
oven before serving?

Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike C wrote:
I love making panini and would like to serve them more for a crowd
Making them at the last minute for a crowd is next to impossible (even
with the biggest panini press). How much does the taste/texture suffer
if you make them in advance using a panini press and then reheat in an
oven before serving?

Why don't you make one and test drive it and let us know. Hell.. make a
few and check various times to see when and if they suffer on reheating.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike C" wrote:
I love making panini and would like to serve them more for a crowd
Making them at the last minute for a crowd is next to impossible (even
with the biggest panini press). How much does the taste/texture suffer
if you make them in advance using a panini press and then reheat in an
oven before serving?

I occasionally buy Ruben paninis in the deli and reheat them on a shallow pan
in the toaster oven. They are good but a little drier than a freshly made one.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old 11-03-2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike C" wrote:
I love making panini and would like to serve them more for a crowd
Making them at the last minute for a crowd is next to impossible (even
with the biggest panini press). How much does the taste/texture suffer
if you make them in advance using a panini press and then reheat in an
oven before serving?

How big of a crowd? Do it the way any bar in Italy would do it. Make up
the sandwich ahead and just toss them into the grill when needed. It does
not take all that long. If you can do two at a time, when they come out,
cut them in halves or quarters and you now have food in the hands of eight
people while the next batch is cooking.
Some things just don't reheat as well as right off the press.

Old 14-03-2007, 10:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 11, 1:48 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Mike C" wrote:
I love making panini and would like to serve them more for a crowd
Making them at the last minute for a crowd is next to impossible (even
with the biggest panini press). How much does the taste/texture suffer
if you make them in advance using a panini press and then reheat in an
oven before serving?

How big of a crowd? Do it the way any bar in Italy would do it. Make up
the sandwich ahead and just toss them into the grill when needed. It does
not take all that long. If you can do two at a time, when they come out,
cut them in halves or quarters and you now have food in the hands of eight
people while the next batch is cooking.
Some things just don't reheat as well as right off the press.

I am going to make up the sandwiches in advance. Then I will cook 2 at
a time (that is what fits) and put them in a warm oven until the next
batch is done. They should still be pretty good. I hate to serve some
of my guests and make the others wait. This way, everyone will at
least have 1/2 a panini to start with while I do the next batch.