The Wolf

Default Hey SF What happened to your boy?

Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.

Why do you think that is?

I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Didn't you watch FOX news at the bath house?
"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)

The Wolf > wrote:
> Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.

> Why do you think that is?

> I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

> Didn't you watch FOX news at the bath house?

I figured Arnold would win in his campaign. What I find
most hypocritical is all these Republicans who cry about
show business stars who use the public air waves and press
to express liberal views, but then they turn around and
give their full support to show business stars who espouse
conservative views. Than again, Arnold is by no means
conservative so I do not consider this to be a significant
loss for the Democrats.

Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises. He talks
very liberal when it comes to social programs, but very
conservative when it comes to spending. You can't have things
both ways so it will be interesting to see how Arnold deals
with that basic reality.

Anthony

> wrote in message ...
Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
> to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises. He talks
> very liberal when it comes to social programs, but very
> conservative when it comes to spending. You can't have things
> both ways so it will be interesting to see how Arnold deals
> with that basic reality.

I think he'll become poster boy for "Be careful what you wish for, it might
happen"

Dimitri

> wrote in message ...
> The Wolf > wrote:

<snip>
> Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
> to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises. He talks
> very liberal when it comes to social programs, but very
> conservative when it comes to spending. You can't have things
> both ways

<more snip>

That certainly is "conventional wisdom" ( You can't have things
> both ways) is that in fact true?

BTW I don't know the answer or have an opinion.

If you want to see the actual budgets of Cal-I-Fornia look he

http://www.cbp.org/statebud.htm

Dimitri

Dan Abel

In article >, The Wolf
> wrote:

[snipped everything]

I saw the subject on this and thought that The Wolf was being
compassionate, because SF had posted some time back about what she should
do about the relatives living with her. So, how is that going?

I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
vote in some actor?

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

The Wolf

On 10/8/03 12:51 PM, in article ,
" > opined:

> The Wolf > wrote:
>> Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.

>> Why do you think that is?

>> I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

>> Didn't you watch FOX news at the bath house?

> I figured Arnold would win in his campaign. What I find
> most hypocritical is all these Republicans who cry about
> show business stars who use the public air waves and press
> to express liberal views, but then they turn around and
> give their full support to show business stars who espouse
> conservative views. Than again, Arnold is by no means
> conservative so I do not consider this to be a significant
> loss for the Democrats.

Actually, in Calif. He had a hard time with the right of the Republican
Party.

> Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
> to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises.

It will be an uphill battle with a Democratic legislation. BUT, Reagan got
the job done so Arnold can too.

He talks
> very liberal when it comes to social programs, but very
> conservative when it comes to spending. You can't have things
> both ways so it will be interesting to see how Arnold deals
> with that basic reality.

"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)

NTANTIQUES

snipped
>I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
>could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
>has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
>vote in some actor?

You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's only
flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.
There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but despair
for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become so
shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for a
candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable? Couldn't
happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch out,
people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate futures.
NT

Puester

NTANTIQUES wrote:

> snipped
> >I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
> >could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
> >has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
> >vote in some actor?

Doesn't make sense, does it? At least Ahnold can't run for president
unless Dubya changes the Constitution between now and then. There is
a very old saying: "The last time the continent tilted, all the
nuts rolled into California."

> You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
> sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
> economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's only
> flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.
> There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but despair
> for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become so
> shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for a
> candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable? Couldn't
> happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch out,
> people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate futures.
> NT

Every Californian I know except one feels exactly
the same way. I guess I mostly know the sane ones.
You might wanna add some Xanax to that chocolate....

gloria p

rmp

Default Voters get the politicians they deserve.

It is selfish, nimby voters who want everything for nothing who created this
situtation. Don't blame Arnold.

"NTANTIQUES" > wrote in message
> snipped
> >I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
> >could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
> >has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and

then
> >vote in some actor?

> You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
> sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
> economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's

only
> flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.
> There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but

despair
> for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become so
> shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for a
> candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable?

Couldn't
> happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch

out,
> people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate futures.
> NT

The Wolf

On 10/8/03 9:03 PM, in article ,
"NTANTIQUES" > opined:

> snipped
>> I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
>> could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
>> has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
>> vote in some actor?

> You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're

Do you mind telling me who the **** "....We're" are?

Arnold got 1,000,0000 more votes then Bustamecha

> sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
> economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's
> only
> flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.
> There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but despair
> for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become so
> shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for a
> candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable? Couldn't
> happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch out,
> people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate futures.
> NT

"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)

The Wolf

On 10/8/03 9:11 PM, in article , "Puester"
> opined:

> NTANTIQUES wrote:
>>
>> snipped
>>> I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
>>> could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
>>> has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
>>> vote in some actor?

> Doesn't make sense, does it? At least Ahnold can't run for president
> unless Dubya changes the Constitution

George W. Bush can't change the constitution retard, go back and relearn
history.

between now and then. There is
> a very old saying: "The last time the continent tilted, all the
> nuts rolled into California."
>

>> You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
>> sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
>> economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's
>> only
>> flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.
>> There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but
>> despair
>> for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become so
>> shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for a
>> candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable? Couldn't
>> happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch out,
>> people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate futures.
>> NT

> Every Californian I know except one feels exactly
> the same way.

Why didn't they vote that way then? Lemme guess it was those bad old
outdated machines.

I guess I mostly know the sane ones.
> You might wanna add some Xanax to that chocolate....
>
> gloria p

"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)

Virginia Tadrzynski

"The Wolf" > wrote in message
> On 10/8/03 9:11 PM, in article ,

"Puester"
> > opined:
>
> > NTANTIQUES wrote:
> >>
> >> snipped

who

then

> > Doesn't make sense, does it? At least Ahnold can't run for president
> > unless Dubya changes the Constitution

> George W. Bush can't change the constitution retard, go back and relearn
> history.
>

> between now and then. There is
> > a very old saying: "The last time the continent tilted, all the
> > nuts rolled into California."
> >

> >> You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ...

We're
> >> sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve

the
> >> economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official

who's
> >> only
> >> flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.
> >> There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but
> >> despair
> >> for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become

so
> >> shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for

> >> candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable?

Couldn't
> >> happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch

out,
> >> people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate

futures.
> >> NT

> > Every Californian I know except one feels exactly
> > the same way.

> Why didn't they vote that way then? Lemme guess it was those bad old
> outdated machines.
>
> I guess I mostly know the sane ones.
> > You might wanna add some Xanax to that chocolate....
> >
> > gloria p

> --
> ================================================== =================
> "When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
> artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
> here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
> (1706-1790)
> ================================================== =================

Ah, yes, when someone questions the quintesential goodness (gack!) of the
magnanimous Republican party, they are called a retard.......parry, thrust,
touche Wolf.

Now to Gloria's statement. You are correct that Cheney (we really know who
is running the United States of Halliburton) cannot change the constitution.
Congress/Senate has to pass the amendment and then it goes to the states to
radify it. HOWEVER, since Bushie coming into power, at least three states
I am aware of have had their congressional districts reassigned....I think
the proper term is gerimandering (where districts are restructured to give
one party an advantage). This will successfully put at least three
Democratic congressmen out on their ears in this state alone. Stack the
state houses/senates also redistricted by Chez Bush and a two thirds
majority is doable.

No one thought that an Austrian immigrant with Nazi ties would get
California, either. Rumors have it Jim McGreevey of NJ and Ruth Ann Minner
of Delaware are now under Bushie's radar. Let's see, who is from NJ, a
'movie star' and a rabid republican..........please Lord, don't let them
pick Bruce Willis...

-Ginny

Dan Abel

In article >, "Virginia
Tadrzynski" > wrote:

> "The Wolf" > wrote in message

> > George W. Bush can't change the constitution retard, go back and relearn
> > history.

> Now to Gloria's statement. You are correct that Cheney (we really know who
> is running the United States of Halliburton) cannot change the constitution.
> Congress/Senate has to pass the amendment and then it goes to the states to

He doesn't need to change the Constitution, he just needs to get the
people to agree to let him ignore it. He's gone down that path already.
My 85YO father wanted to take a plane trip. They searched him and his
baggage and confiscated his toenail clippers. The constitution says that
we are protected against unreasonable search and seizure. Where do you
draw the line?

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

WardNA

>My 85YO father wanted to take a plane trip. They searched him and his
>baggage and confiscated his toenail clippers.

Your father was not subject to age-related discrimination, and who's to thank
for that? You may argue that at his age he is too absent-minded to pay
attention to "these cannot fly" regulations, but where were you, explaining
them to him?

The Wolf

On 10/8/03 10:30 PM, in article ,
"Virginia Tadrzynski" > opined:

> "The Wolf" > wrote in message
>> On 10/8/03 9:11 PM, in article ,

> "Puester"
>> > opined:

> who

> then
>>>>

>>> Doesn't make sense, does it? At least Ahnold can't run for president
>>> unless Dubya changes the Constitution

>> George W. Bush can't change the constitution retard, go back and relearn
>> history.
>>

>> between now and then. There is
>>> a very old saying: "The last time the continent tilted, all the
>>> nuts rolled into California."

> We're

> the

> who's

> so

> Couldn't

> out,

> futures.
>>>

>>> Every Californian I know except one feels exactly
>>> the same way.

>> Why didn't they vote that way then? Lemme guess it was those bad old
>> outdated machines.
>>
>> I guess I mostly know the sane ones.
>>> You might wanna add some Xanax to that chocolate....
>>>
>>> gloria p

>> --
>> ================================================== =================
>> "When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
>> artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
>> here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
>> (1706-1790)
>> ================================================== =================

> Ah, yes, when someone questions the quintesential goodness (gack!) of the
> magnanimous Republican party, they are called a retard.......parry, thrust,
> touche Wolf.
>
> Now to Gloria's statement. You are correct that Cheney (we really know who
> is running the United States of Halliburton) cannot change the constitution.
> Congress/Senate has to pass the amendment and then it goes to the states to
> radify it. HOWEVER, since Bushie coming into power, at least three states
> I am aware of have had their congressional districts reassigned....I think
> the proper term is gerimandering (where districts are restructured to give
> one party an advantage).

Listen you stupid cocksucker and maybe you will learn something. EVERY
****ING 10 YEARS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TAKES A CENSUS WHICH IS
REQUIRED BY THE CONSTITUTION (GO READ IT SOMETIME). CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICTS
ARE DRAWN BY THE CENSUS. THERE IS ONE REPRESENTATIVE FOR X NUMBER OF
CITIZENS.

This will successfully put at least three
> Democratic congressmen out on their ears in this state alone. Stack the
> state houses/senates also redistricted by Chez Bush and a two thirds
> majority is doable.
>
> No one thought that an Austrian immigrant with Nazi ties would get
> California, either. Rumors have it Jim McGreevey of NJ and Ruth Ann Minner
> of Delaware are now under Bushie's radar. Let's see, who is from NJ, a
> 'movie star' and a rabid republican..........please Lord, don't let them
> pick Bruce Willis...
>
> -Ginny

"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)

WardNA

>CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICTS
>ARE DRAWN BY THE CENSUS.

Even putting it in caps doesn't make it true.
SoooperDoooperNEOCON

> wrote in message ...
> The Wolf > wrote:
> > Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.

> > Why do you think that is?

> > I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

> > Didn't you watch FOX news at the bath house?

> I figured Arnold would win in his campaign.

He won an election, not a campain.

What I find
> most hypocritical is all these Republicans who cry about
> show business stars who use the public air waves and press
> to express liberal views,

No, we just point out that they have no more than one vote themselves and
that people who are not sheep don't have any concern for their opinion. I
mean..........Babs???? Michael Moore???? Sheen?????? Who cares????????

but then they turn around and
> give their full support to show business stars who espouse
> conservative views. Than again, Arnold is by no means
> conservative so I do not consider this to be a significant
> loss for the Democrats.

So you intentionally made no point with this comment? Wow......smart!!!!

> Now, it will be interesting to see how Arnold goes about
> to at least try to fulfill his campaign promises. He talks
> very liberal when it comes to social programs, but very
> conservative when it comes to spending. You can't have things
> both ways so it will be interesting to see how Arnold deals
> with that basic reality.

You might give that a shot yourself sometime.

sf

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 05:17:13 GMT, The Wolf
> wrote:

> Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.

Yep he lost... I don't care about that. I care that the
recall won.

> Why do you think that is?

That's a no brainer.

Simpletons who consider themselves "occasional" voters
finally dragged themselves to their polling place (which
were fewer than in usual elections although more than the
"usual" numbers were expected to vote). Why did they turn
out? It's because this ballot didn't tax their brains -
they only had three issues to vote on and they probably
ignored the other two.

> I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Heh, we have a governator now. We'll see how your boy does
without a script and a director.

On the good side, he's a closet democrat.

> Didn't you watch FOX news

FOX??? Yeah, sure.

> at the bath house?

I can only WISH. Unfortunately, I worked my usual 12-13
hour day and made it to the polling place just before it
closed.

sf

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 21:11:17 GMT, Puester
> wrote:

> NTANTIQUES wrote:
> >
> > snipped
> > >I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
> > >could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
> > >has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and then
> > >vote in some actor?

> Doesn't make sense, does it? At least Ahnold can't run for president
> unless Dubya changes the Constitution between now and then. There is
> a very old saying: "The last time the continent tilted, all the
> nuts rolled into California."

They didn't "roll". They were railroaded by other states
that gave them one way bus tickets. I was here when it
happened and I'm still mad at states, like Florida, for
sending us their problems.

> Every Californian I know except one feels exactly
> the same way. I guess I mostly know the sane ones.
> You might wanna add some Xanax to that chocolate....

You must live in the ONE Southern California county that
went approx. 50-50 on the recall.

sf

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:30:23 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

> HOWEVER, since Bushie coming into power, at least three states
> I am aware of have had their congressional districts reassigned....I think
> the proper term is gerimandering (where districts are restructured to give
> one party an advantage).

This is not a new practice and you can't blame anyone or
anything - other than pure politics for that. It happens in
every state whenever it's allowed, so that whatever
political party is in power can retain it.

Blair P. Houghton

The Wolf > wrote:
>Bustamecha recieved only half the votes Aaaaaaaanold did.
>
>Why do you think that is?

Because he was also running against Gray Davis.

>I'M NOT THE TYPE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT "I TOLD YOU SO!"

If you live in California, I have nothing but pity
for your future and disdain for your choices.

--Blair
"Stay there. It's your doom."
Dan Abel

In article >, "rmp"
> wrote:

> "NTANTIQUES" > wrote in message
> > snipped attribution for Dan Abel
> > >I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
> > >could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
> > >has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and

> then
> > >vote in some actor?

> > You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
> > sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
> > economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's

> only
> > flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.

> It is selfish, nimby voters who want everything for nothing who created this
> situtation. Don't blame Arnold.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I blame the voters the most. However, the main
problem with Governor Gray Davis was that he wasn't a Republican. The
Republicans wanted their own man in office, and when they didn't get that,
they launched this recall.

Arnold was on the radio this morning, and says that President Bush called
him and said he would do whatever to help Arnold. Arnold said that he
plans to ask lots of favors of President Bush. When California was
floundering in the energy crisis, President Bush refused to do a thing.
Part of the money problems the state is having is due to the state
government paying billions of dollars for energy contracts to keep the
lights on in the state. This despite the fact that there was plenty of
energy available, and we were actually using less energy than in previous
years. These billions of dollars went to Enron and other friends of Bush,
who were manipulating the energy market.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Dan Abel

In article >, The Wolf
> wrote:

> > Now to Gloria's statement. You are correct that Cheney (we really know who
> > is running the United States of Halliburton) cannot change the constitution.
> > Congress/Senate has to pass the amendment and then it goes to the states to
> > radify it. HOWEVER, since Bushie coming into power, at least three states
> > I am aware of have had their congressional districts reassigned....I think
> > the proper term is gerimandering (where districts are restructured to give
> > one party an advantage).

> Listen you stupid cocksucker and maybe you will learn something. EVERY
> ****ING 10 YEARS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TAKES A CENSUS WHICH IS
> REQUIRED BY THE CONSTITUTION (GO READ IT SOMETIME). CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICTS
> ARE DRAWN BY THE CENSUS. THERE IS ONE REPRESENTATIVE FOR X NUMBER OF
> CITIZENS.

I don't think anybody is going to learn very much from you. The census
does not draw the lines for the district. You may wish to study up on
"gerrymandering". That is the process for drawing the lines to include X
number of citizens in each district, in such a way as to ensure the
political affiliation of that district.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Jason Tinling

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message

> I don't think anybody is going to learn very much from you. The census
> does not draw the lines for the district. You may wish to study up on
> "gerrymandering". That is the process for drawing the lines to include X
> number of citizens in each district, in such a way as to ensure the
> political affiliation of that district.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Sonoma State University
> AIS

Poor Wolfie...he can't quite grasp the concept of determining representation
by population vs determining what geographical area those individuals
repesent.

OB Food(and most of Wolf's *contributions*)

Cowtown Wolf Turds
By Bigwheel

30-40 jalapeno Peppers
Pork Loin--slice thin strips (I used tenderloin)
Soy Sauce
Bacon Strips cut in half
Lemon Pepper or Greek Seasoning

Split seed and devein peppers
Marinate pork in soy sauce
Stuff peppers with marinated pork
Wrap with bacon using toothpicks to hold together
Dust with seasoning

Smoke or grill till done.

Jason

The Wolf

On 10/9/03 12:07 PM, in article
, "Dan Abel" >
opined:

> In article >, The Wolf
> > wrote:
>

>>> Now to Gloria's statement. You are correct that Cheney (we really know who
>>> is running the United States of Halliburton) cannot change the constitution.
>>> Congress/Senate has to pass the amendment and then it goes to the states to
>>> radify it. HOWEVER, since Bushie coming into power, at least three states
>>> I am aware of have had their congressional districts reassigned....I think
>>> the proper term is gerimandering (where districts are restructured to give
>>> one party an advantage).

>> Listen you stupid cocksucker and maybe you will learn something. EVERY
>> ****ING 10 YEARS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TAKES A CENSUS WHICH IS
>> REQUIRED BY THE CONSTITUTION (GO READ IT SOMETIME). CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICTS
>> ARE DRAWN BY THE CENSUS. THERE IS ONE REPRESENTATIVE FOR X NUMBER OF
>> CITIZENS.

> I don't think anybody is going to learn very much from you. The census
> does not draw the lines for the district. You may wish to study up on
> "gerrymandering". That is the process for drawing the lines to include X
> number of citizens in each district, in such a way as to ensure the
> political affiliation of that district.

I know what it is. And it's always been done by the party in power. It goes
back and forth.

"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)

The Wolf

On 10/9/03 12:15 PM, in article ,
"Jason Tinling" > opined:

Hardy Har ****ing Har. You are one funny monkey boy!
"When a broad table is to be made, and the edges of planks do not fit, the
artist takes a little from both, and makes a good joint. In like manner
here, both sides must part with some of their demands," Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)

Terry Pulliam

On 08 Oct 2003 21:03:30 GMT, oQspam (NTANTIQUES)
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

<snip>

>You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
>sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
>economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's only
>flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.

"Only flaw"? I beg to disagree. Mr. Davis was/is a political whore
whose whole raison d'etre was to raise campaign money any way he
could. He was a lobbyist's delight. And I'd name names, dates and
times if I weren't ethically bound not to do so. I would also like to
keep my job.

> There isn't enough chocolate in the world to make me feel anything but despair
>for the future of my state and our nation if our citizens have become so
>shallow that they will cast their votes for such a pathetic excuse for a
>candidate. What's next? Bennifer for prez and 1st lady? Laughable? Couldn't
>happen? Yeah, sure, that's what people thought about Ah-nuld. Watch out,
>people, it could happen to you...me, I'm investing in chocolate futures.

I agree with everything else you've written, however. I voted against
the recall, even though I cannot stand Gray Davis. You "go home with
the one who brung yuh," even if he turns out to be a stinker. Vote 'em
out at the *next* election. As if California wasn't in enough
financial hot water - who do you suppose is going to pay for the exit
packages of all the Davis appointees who are now shopping their
resumes?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam...embarrassed in Aliso Viejo CA
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove "gotcha"
sf

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 07:08:58 GMT, Blair P. Houghton >
wrote:

> If you live in California, I have nothing but pity
> for your future and disdain for your choices.

I live in California. My area voted agaist the recall...

but the majority of Southern CA and a good part of the rest
of the state out numbered us.

Terry Pulliam

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 06:40:35 GMT, sf > arranged
random neurons, so they looked like this:

>On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 07:08:58 GMT, Blair P. Houghton >
>wrote:
>

>> If you live in California, I have nothing but pity
>> for your future and disdain for your choices.
>>

>but the majority of Southern CA and a good part of the rest
>of the state out numbered us.

This would be true, especially here in Republikan Orange County, CA -
As Orange County's token Democrat, I voted against the recall, but I
had to go to my polling place in dark glasses and a burqa.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam

what happened Pete Whitehead Diabetic 2 27-11-2009 06:08 AM
What happened here??? foodpro Baking 1 18-08-2008 04:13 PM
Whatever happened to... Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 65 12-12-2004 05:12 PM
Ok - what happened! Cheryl Isaak Wine 1 06-12-2004 08:26 PM
Whatever happened to BigDog Barbecue 17 13-11-2004 12:27 AM