Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oops, I left a pot of tomato sauce out all night

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 06:22:20 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>Ketchup has a ton of sugar and other preservatives. Not comparable to tomato sauce.

Wan't their once a Heinz tomato ketchup with no additives at all? I
guess people didn't like that. Gimme my xanthan gum!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 3:22:23 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> Ketchup has a ton of sugar and other preservatives. Not comparable to tomato sauce.

I use a lot of ketchup. Wonderful stuff. It is not comparable to tomato sauce since they serve two different functions. It is also important that ketchup contains sugar because it's used as a sweetener in Asian cooking. Preservatives are fine with me since I don't refrigerate it. It's a cheap, generic, reliable, and important, product. Here's some spicy garlic eggplant with breadfruit. The base of the sauce is ketchup.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...O0wqgVaZ4QKmUG

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 3:22:23 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> Ketchup has a ton of sugar and other preservatives. Not comparable to
> tomato sauce.

I use a lot of ketchup. Wonderful stuff. It is not comparable to tomato
sauce since they serve two different functions. It is also important that
ketchup contains sugar because it's used as a sweetener in Asian cooking.
Preservatives are fine with me since I don't refrigerate it. It's a cheap,
generic, reliable, and important, product. Here's some spicy garlic
eggplant with breadfruit. The base of the sauce is ketchup.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...O0wqgVaZ4QKmUG

==

That looks delicious .. but spice ... I wouldn't dare try it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 11:00:02 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> That looks delicious .. but spice ... I wouldn't dare try it

Those vegans have left so I can ramp up the heat level for my wife. What a relief!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Are you related to my Uncle Bill?