Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default just things

I am an executive chef and I am always interested in foods and ideas.
Recently I sustained a bad injury and will have to retrain, so first I
have to learn how to use a newsgroup, and what other way to do that
but hands-on!!!!!. Maybe I will write a book some day

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I am an executive chef and I am always interested in foods and ideas.
> Recently I sustained a bad injury and will have to retrain, so first I
> have to learn how to use a newsgroup, and what other way to do that
> but hands-on!!!!!. Maybe I will write a book some day

A chef. Well good. Tell us more ... what was your specialty, etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:
> wrote in message
roups.com...
>>I am an executive chef and I am always interested in foods and ideas.
>> Recently I sustained a bad injury and will have to retrain, so first I
>> have to learn how to use a newsgroup, and what other way to do that
>> but hands-on!!!!!. Maybe I will write a book some day

>A chef. Well good. Tell us more ... what was your specialty, etc.

Yes. All the best chefs started out as newsgroup trolls.

--Blair
"This could all go horribly wrong."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> Take it from us: many of us wished we hadn't quit our day jobs.

And then there's me. I am happy. I told the people at work that I
wouldn't be a stranger. I've been back once, in over a year and a half.

I spent 25 years there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 5:21 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> >I am an executive chef and I am always interested in foods and ideas.
> > Recently I sustained a bad injury and will have to retrain, so first I
> > have to learn how to use a newsgroup, and what other way to do that
> > but hands-on!!!!!. Maybe I will write a book some day

> A chef. Well good. Tell us more ... what was your specialty, etc.

Heyy, cybercat, this is fun. I will tell u more, I was a very
active chef, at a lovely resort and banquet facility, I suppose my
specialty was wedding catering. It was not as inventive as most
banquets and buffets because the bridal party ordered what they wanted
for the menu. However salads and deserts were left open. I had a
lovely pastry chef working for me and i left all of the desert tables
up to her and she made them great. My specialty was timing and
serving the dishes hot and salads fresh. " I suppose my most
successful dish is a chicken dish that I invented" I will share my
secret some day, but it is a long story that goes with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 5:21 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> >I am an executive chef and I am always interested in foods and ideas.
> > Recently I sustained a bad injury and will have to retrain, so first I
> > have to learn how to use a newsgroup, and what other way to do that
> > but hands-on!!!!!. Maybe I will write a book some day

> A chef. Well good. Tell us more ... what was your specialty, etc.

cybercat!!, i sent you a reply and I am not so sure you got it.
duh......... ill try again sometime

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 11, 6:23 pm, Steve Wertz > wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2007 14:44:01 -0800, wrote:
>
> > I am an executive chef and I am always interested in foods and ideas.
> > Recently I sustained a bad injury and will have to retrain, so first I
> > have to learn how to use a newsgroup, and what other way to do that
> > but hands-on!!!!!.

> So you're gonna change professions and be a professional
> newsgroup poster, eh?
>
> Take it from us: many of us wished we hadn't quit our day jobs.
>
> -sw

Hiiii, thanks for the comments. actually no, i am not going to be
a professional newsgroup poster lol, but it sounds like a lot of
fun...... I am going to be a computerized accountant. Part of
becomming a computerized accountant is .................knowing what a
newsgroup is lol. so now i know what one is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 11, 8:36 pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve Wertz > wrote:
>
> > Take it from us: many of us wished we hadn't quit our day jobs.

> And then there's me. I am happy. I told the people at work that I
> wouldn't be a stranger. I've been back once, in over a year and a half.
>
> I spent 25 years there.

yep i hear ya. i have been only gone for one year now, and i have
not even been back to pick up my knives, cook books or even my other
tools. i did however stop by for coffee one day to tell them that i
would never be back

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gramma53" > wrote
>> A chef. Well good. Tell us more ... what was your specialty, etc.

> Heyy, cybercat, this is fun. I will tell u more, I was a very
> active chef, at a lovely resort and banquet facility, I suppose my
> specialty was wedding catering. It was not as inventive as most
> banquets and buffets because the bridal party ordered what they wanted
> for the menu. However salads and deserts were left open. I had a
> lovely pastry chef working for me and i left all of the desert tables
> up to her and she made them great. My specialty was timing and
> serving the dishes hot and salads fresh. " I suppose my most
> successful dish is a chicken dish that I invented" I will share my
> secret some day, but it is a long story that goes with it.

I like long stories--when they're good. Thanks for the background!

Was this a beach resort?