Franfogel

Default Drinks with tapioca pearls?

Does anyone know how those trendy fruit drinks with the big tapioca pearls are
made? I had one at an Asian fast food place and would like to duplicate it at
home (if I can find those wide straws that accomodate the tapioca!).

Fran
Catbird

Mmmm, bubble teas!

http://www.bubbleteasupply.com/index.php?page=main.html

--
Catbird

"Oh-oh, her schizo is about to phrenia" - Bob Hope

"Franfogel" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know how those trendy fruit drinks with the big tapioca pearls

are
> made? I had one at an Asian fast food place and would like to duplicate

it at
> home (if I can find those wide straws that accomodate the tapioca!).
>
> Fran

PENMART01

(Franfogel) writes:

>Does anyone know how those trendy fruit drinks with the big tapioca pearls
>are
>made? I had one at an Asian fast food place and would like to duplicate it
>at
>home (if I can find those wide straws that accomodate the tapioca!).

They're very dangerous, people have died of asphyxiation, especially children,
from those large pearls lodging in the trachea... don't do it.

http://www.bananaflip.com/mt/archives/000009.html

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

JLove98905

Oh, but what a fad it is! I love bubble tea! I adore Thai Iced Tea with
bubbles. I'm even considering one of those home kits....
-jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Rick & Cyndi

"JLove98905" > wrote in message
:
:
: Oh, but what a fad it is! I love bubble tea! I adore Thai Iced
Tea with
: bubbles. I'm even considering one of those home kits....
: -jen
: Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
:
: =====

Speaking of "bubble" type drinks... Does anyone remember the
"Orbitz" drinks? I thought they were so cool with the little
gelatin-like colored thingies that were in the drinks....

The flavors were only so-so but the coolness factor was right up
there!
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Julia Altshuler

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> Speaking of "bubble" type drinks... Does anyone remember the
> "Orbitz" drinks? I thought they were so cool with the little
> gelatin-like colored thingies that were in the drinks....
>
> The flavors were only so-so but the coolness factor was right up
> there!

Not only do I remember them, I still have one! I never had any desire
to drink the stuff, but the visual oddity appealed so much that I bought
one and stuck it in the window for decoration.

--Lia

Tapioca pudding question (bulk tapioca) [email protected] General Cooking 15 18-12-2019 09:01 PM
Tapioca pearls--OOPS Richard Hollenbeck General Cooking 5 06-05-2007 08:49 PM
potato pearls MG General Cooking 4 12-12-2005 06:58 AM
Asian Tapioca drinks Mark General Cooking 2 06-01-2004 02:53 AM
Tapioca recipe for bulk tapioca Franky General Cooking 0 21-10-2003 02:44 AM