Dazey Frier, Slow Cooker

Old 26-01-2007, 02:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dazey Frier, Slow Cooker

I've been given a Dazey brand slow cooker that seems to double as a
frier/roaster. There is a metal shell that seems to be covered with
Teflon, into which a ceramic pot goes. The temperature control goes
from "simmer," to 400 degrees.

My question is: do you fry, brown, roast etc. in the metal shell
alone?
Does anyone know how to get a manual for this thing. Apparently Dazey
is out of business.

Old 26-01-2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 26, 8:40 am, George Shirley wrote:
wrote:

..I tossed the manual when my Dazey just plain wore out. The answer to
your question is yes, fry, brown, roast etc. in the metal kettle. The
crock is only used for slow cooking. HTH

George

Thanks George. Do you know what temps to use for high and low slow
cooking?