Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Salt and Pepper wings

I tried a couple of recipes for these and decided that the following
gave me the results I wanted.

The only thing I did different was sprinkle on some red pepper flakes
after cooking.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Salt And Pepper Wings

1kg chicken wings (mid-joint)
5 tablespoons salt
freshly ground pepper.

Clean wings and marinate with 3 Tablespoons salt, the longer the
better (the wings can be prepared in advance and frozen). Line the
wings on a baking tray, and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons salt
and freshly ground pepper.
Bake at 230 Celsius (roughly 450 Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes or until
golden, turning once.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4hhmzpg.jpg

Koko
New blog in progress
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
A Yuman being on the net
(posting from San Diego)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote on 24 Jan 2007 in rec.food.cooking

> I tried a couple of recipes for these and decided that the following
> gave me the results I wanted.
>
> The only thing I did different was sprinkle on some red pepper flakes
> after cooking.
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Salt And Pepper Wings
>
> 1kg chicken wings (mid-joint)
> 5 tablespoons salt
> freshly ground pepper.
>
> Clean wings and marinate with 3 Tablespoons salt, the longer the
> better (the wings can be prepared in advance and frozen). Line the
> wings on a baking tray, and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons salt
> and freshly ground pepper.
> Bake at 230 Celsius (roughly 450 Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes or until
> golden, turning once.
>

> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.69 **
>
> http://i16.tinypic.com/4hhmzpg.jpg
>
> Koko
> New blog in progress
> http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
> A Yuman being on the net
> (posting from San Diego)

The sichuan cookbook (land of plenty-fuchsia dunlop) I have discusses a
'salt and pepper dip' ...(jiao yan)... for deep fried foods ...(such as
chicken wings)....The ratio of the dip is 3 tbsp salt to 1 tbsp fresh
ground pepper...(preferably sichuan pepper). The book goes on to state
that the salt is dry fried in a wok to eliminate moisture....This is for a
dip only....

http://www.china.org.cn/english/food/27648.htm

Hope this helps.

ob food:

Bang Bang Chicken

To add even more flavor to this Szechuan dish, feel free to garnish with
toasted sesame seeds before serving. Bang Bang Chicken serves 4
INGREDIENTS:

1 pound chicken meat (1/2 small chicken or 1 pound of chicken
breasts, bone-in)
1 cucumber
Salt, as needed, to desalt cucumbers
1 medium carrot
1/2 - 1 teaspoon roasted Sichuan peppercorn, optional
Sauce:
2 tablespoons sesame seed paste (can substitute chunky peanut butter)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar, red or black if possible
1 tablespoon Asian sesame seed oil
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 - 2 tablespoons hot chili oil, or
1 - 2 teaspoons chili flakes, both optional

1 tablespoon shredded scallion (green onion, spring onion),
white part only

PREPARATION:
1. In a large saucepan, bring enough water to cover the chicken to a boil.
Add the chicken and cook in the boiling water for 20 minutes, until the
chicken turns white and is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pot
and let it cool.

2. Debone the chicken and cut into small strips as close to the size and
thickness of matchsticks as possible.

3. Peel the cucumber, and cut into slices to match the chicken. Peel the
carrot and cut into thin matchstick strips.

4. In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame seed paste or peanut butter,
soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seed oil, sugar and hot chili oil or chili
flakes.

5. To serve, arrange the cucumber slices on a serving platter. Lay the
chicken on top. Add the Sichuan peppercorn if using. Pour the sauce over.
Garnish with the carrot strips and shredded scallion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bd bd is offline

"Koko" > wrote in message

> I tried a couple of recipes for these and decided that the following
> gave me the results I wanted.
>
> The only thing I did different was sprinkle on some red pepper flakes
> after cooking.
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Salt And Pepper Wings
>
> 1kg chicken wings (mid-joint)
> 5 tablespoons salt
> freshly ground pepper.
>
> Clean wings and marinate with 3 Tablespoons salt, the longer the
> better (the wings can be prepared in advance and frozen). Line the
> wings on a baking tray, and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons salt
> and freshly ground pepper.
> Bake at 230 Celsius (roughly 450 Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes or until
> golden, turning once.
>

> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.69 **
>
> http://i16.tinypic.com/4hhmzpg.jpg
>
> Koko
> New blog in progress
> http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
> A Yuman being on the net
> (posting from San Diego)

this reminds me, i can not find chicken wings locally (Dallas Tx) under
$1.50 per pound. at my local tom thumb, they want $2.29 a pound. it wasn't
that long ago when you could almost get them for nothing.

brad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 25, 10:48 am, "bd" > wrote:
> "Koko" > wrote in messagenews:3n2gr2tfh2f11cii4ga44o8r1uh52su16b@4ax .com...
>

> > I tried a couple of recipes for these and decided that the following
> > gave me the results I wanted.

> > The only thing I did different was sprinkle on some red pepper flakes
> > after cooking.

> > @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

> > Salt And Pepper Wings

> > 1kg chicken wings (mid-joint)
> > 5 tablespoons salt
> > freshly ground pepper.

> > Clean wings and marinate with 3 Tablespoons salt, the longer the
> > better (the wings can be prepared in advance and frozen). Line the
> > wings on a baking tray, and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons salt
> > and freshly ground pepper.
> > Bake at 230 Celsius (roughly 450 Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes or until
> > golden, turning once.

> > ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.69 **

> >http://i16.tinypic.com/4hhmzpg.jpg

> > Koko
> > New blog in progress
> >http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
> > A Yuman being on the net
> > (posting from San Diego)this reminds me, i can not find chicken wings locally (Dallas Tx) under

> $1.50 per pound. at my local tom thumb, they want $2.29 a pound. it wasn't
> that long ago when you could almost get them for nothing.
>
> brad- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Same with beef short ribs!

In your case it could depend on your location.
In Seattle Italian sausage is like $5/lb where in upstate NY it's
always been around $2/lb.

LB
http://linkboi.blogspot.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:20:09 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito >
wrote:

>Koko wrote on 24 Jan 2007 in rec.food.cooking
>

>> I tried a couple of recipes for these and decided that the following
>> gave me the results I wanted.

one snippy snippy

>The sichuan cookbook (land of plenty-fuchsia dunlop) I have discusses a
>'salt and pepper dip' ...(jiao yan)... for deep fried foods ...(such as
>chicken wings)....The ratio of the dip is 3 tbsp salt to 1 tbsp fresh
>ground pepper...(preferably sichuan pepper). The book goes on to state
>that the salt is dry fried in a wok to eliminate moisture....This is for a
>dip only....
>
>http://www.china.org.cn/english/food/27648.htm
>
>Hope this helps.

two snippy snippy

Dear Sir,

You are a prince among men.
Thank you so much for the information. I'm sure that's what I was
looking for in the first place.

The recipe is saved and will be made soon. I still have some wings in
the freezer. I was anticipating a lot of experimenting

Thanks again

Koko

New blog in progress
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
A Yuman being on the net
(posting from San Diego)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:48:23 -0600, "bd" > wrote:

>"Koko" > wrote in message

snippady doo daw

>> Salt And Pepper Wings

snippady ayyyyyy

>this reminds me, i can not find chicken wings locally (Dallas Tx) under
>$1.50 per pound. at my local tom thumb, they want $2.29 a pound. it wasn't
>that long ago when you could almost get them for nothing.
>
>brad

Crumb,
You just had to go and do it.
I checked the other package of wings I have in the freezer and those
suckers were $3.49 a pound. Yikes!!!!
BUT!!!! according to the package they aren't just "any ol'" wings they
are PARTY WINGS Yahooo!!!!!!
grumblegrumblegrumble

Koko
New blog in progress
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
A Yuman being on the net
(posting from San Diego)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote on 25 Jan 2007 in rec.food.cooking

> You are a prince among men.

GARSH! who? Little old'e me?

I just got the book on about tuesday and read that far when I remembered
your salt&pepper wings...I believe the dry frying of the combined
salt&pepper mix till it turns slightly yellowish might get you the flavour
you desire.

Or maybe not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:47:22 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito >
wrote:

>Koko wrote on 25 Jan 2007 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> You are a prince among men.
>>

>GARSH! who? Little old'e me?
>
>I just got the book on about tuesday and read that far when I remembered
>your salt&pepper wings...

Wow!!! did I luck out or what.

>I believe the dry frying of the combined
>salt&pepper mix till it turns slightly yellowish might get you the flavour
>you desire.
>
>Or maybe not.

I'm sure it will. Hoepfully I'll get to try it this weekend and post
the results.