Apple juice cause soft stool?

Old 24-01-2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Apple juice cause soft stool?

I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Thanks,
Rusty
Old 24-01-2007, 04:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty James" wrote in message
I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Thanks,
Rusty

How much is a lot and what other fruits are you eating?

Dimitri

Old 24-01-2007, 04:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty James" wrote in message
I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
err,
"binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of a
good thing?

Old 24-01-2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
err,
"binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of a
good thing?

We were taught in nursing school that apple juice has a laxative effect,
whereas apple sauce, cooked with the peel which contains pectin, has the
opposite effect.
Old 24-01-2007, 05:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty James" wrote in message
I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Yes

Tori

Old 24-01-2007, 06:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:30:36 -0500, Rusty James
wrote:

I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Not being a physician...it is difficult to diagnose your EXACT
symptom. What did YOUR doctor have to say?

Old 24-01-2007, 06:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Rusty James wrote:
I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Thanks,
Rusty

Nah... you're just suffering from Anal Rust... you need to meet with a
couple of gays, they'll plug you up. hehe

Old 24-01-2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Rusty James wrote:

I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Thanks,
Rusty

Yes.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 24-01-2007, 06:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"cybercat" wrote:

"Rusty James" wrote in message
I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
err,
"binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of a
good thing?

Try a diet of pure fruit and fruit juices for a couple of days...;-)
Just don't stray far from a toilet.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 24-01-2007, 11:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

It has been my impression that the pectin in apple juice gives it a more,
err,
"binding" effect than the juice of other fruits. Perhaps just too much of a
good thing?

Try a diet of pure fruit and fruit juices for a couple of days...;-)
Just don't stray far from a toilet.

Liquids and fiber will do that to ya. Most people don't get enough of
either and are "surprised" when they do....

Dawn

Old 24-01-2007, 11:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty James" wrote in message
I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

When I was a kid growing up in a very rural part of NH, raw apple juice was
a cure for constipation. One big glass of that stuff and you were back to
normal in no time.

An apple a day really does keep the doctor away.

Paul

Old 25-01-2007, 02:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately and have noticed a
change in bowel habits. Can apple juice cause very soft stools?

Not being a physician...it is difficult to diagnose your EXACT
symptom. What did YOUR doctor have to say?

I agree. We need to know EXACTLY how soft these stools are.

Like very soft mud. Usually a very big soft plug (muddy) will fire out
all over and then massive loud farts and more mud. I usually do this
in the a.m after having gotten up. About three times doing the above
and then I feel safe to go out. Hard plugs are easier to hold in.

I've been drinking about a half gallon of apple juice a day instead of
pop. I started the change about a week ago.

I bought some Coke today. I hope that helps.

Rusty (and crusty, somewhat)

apple juice dilution? Wm Watt Preserving 1 06-08-2006 02:12 AM
apple juice Hugh Willmer Winemaking 1 07-11-2005 01:51 AM
SOFT APPLE CIDER COOKIES Duckie Recipes 0 17-03-2004 07:54 PM
Apple Juice To Sweeten Apple Wine genekay Winemaking 5 18-11-2003 08:34 PM