Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT; What's in a name

Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
of 3 dogs?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22 Jan 2007 10:54:02 -0800, "merryb" > wrote:

>Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
>pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
>to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
>of 3 dogs?

Mine should be pretty obvious.

Lou Decruss
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2007 10:54:02 -0800, "merryb" > wrote:
>
> >Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> >pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> >to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> >of 3 dogs?

> Mine should be pretty obvious.
>
> Lou Decruss

Yes, it is!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22 Jan 2007 10:54:02 -0800, "merryb" > wrote:

>Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
>pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
>to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
>of 3 dogs?

When I was young, my dad bought me a typewriter to do school work
with. To 'learn' to type, he had me type "John Zilbandy saw the quick
vamp fixing the high trapeze" about a jillion times. When it came to
choosing my first name online, Zilbandy just came to mind. I've been
using that name since my first online name in the early 90's. To this
day, that's about the only thing I can type really, really fast
without making a ton of misteaks.... Oops!

--
Zilbandy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really
> like to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house,
> owner of 3 dogs?

Mine is my own... although going back through history to 1679 I am not sure
where 'mcquown' came from. Traditionally in Scotland the Mc (or Mac) means
son of something. I've no idea what a son of a quown might be. (laughing)
We like to cook, though!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb said...

> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> of 3 dogs?

Andy <q>

Andy <Head of Q Branch, research and development division of the British
Secret Service.>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really
> like to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house,
> owner of 3 dogs?

kilikina = Christine in Hawaiian. I lived in Hawaii for 10 years. Every
time I tried to use kilikina, the name was taken, so I used kilikini. In
any case, kilikini is closer to Christy (diminutive), which is what name I
go by.

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really
> like to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house,
> owner of 3 dogs?

The funniest one I ever heard (waaaaay back, 1980's days) was
"Olivehiscloson"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "merryb" >
> ups.com:
>
> > Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> > pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> > to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> > of 3 dogs?

> I have used the nym dog3 since the late 80s when we had 3 dogs. When I
> changed from Earthlink to Charter for an ISP, the dog3 email address was
> already taken which is why my email is dog30 at charter dot net. Everyone
> knows me as dog3 so I still hang onto it even though I only have one dog
> now.
>
> Michael <- thinking of changing it to cats3

And I was gonna suggest Michael "Pussies3" Lonergan.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> of 3 dogs?

Ms Peacock is from Clue. I play Clue on the computer with my granddaughters
and the two of them always have to go first so they get to be Miss Scarlet
and I'm not Mrs White! I figure it's as good a user name as anything else.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Zilbandy > wrote:
> day, that's about the only thing I can type really, really fast
> without making a ton of misteaks.... Oops!

Cripes, don't apologize! It's FOOD! In a FOOD GROUP! What a damned
novelty!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - Winter pic and a snow pic
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ms_peacock" > wrote

> Ms Peacock is from Clue. I play Clue on the computer with my
> granddaughters and the two of them always have to go first so they get to
> be Miss Scarlet and I'm not Mrs White! I figure it's as good a user name
> as anything else.

Oh, that's so funny, I have that game and I need to figure it out.
I never played the board game. Thank you for the reminder.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> of 3 dogs?

I was on a list first when I came on-line, and people would always be
asking where each other was from. So I became maxine in RI.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> of 3 dogs?

I was on recipe list first when I came on-line, and people would always
be
asking where each other was from. So I became maxine in RI.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 22, 10:54 am, "merryb" > wrote:
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...

What I am most of the time, followed by my initials. Used to be
PickyBabe, but the "babe" days are long gone. Heck, babe days for me
stopped before newsgroups even existed!

....Picks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "merryb" > said:

> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> of 3 dogs?

"Little Malice" is a Haitian fairy tale character -- a sneaky little
rabbit. I liked it better than my previous nym, "Kthonian", which is
a gigantic burrowing worm from Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:54:45 -0600, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>On 22 Jan 2007 10:54:02 -0800, "merryb" > wrote:
>
>>Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
>>pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
>>to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
>>of 3 dogs?

>Mine should be pretty obvious.
>
>Lou Decruss

I got a kick out of the SNL show when Ludacris was on and Kenan T.
played his old friend from the 'hood, "Rick Dickalous."

Speak of the devil-- that episode is going to re-run this weekend

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22 Jan 2007 10:54:02 -0800, "merryb" > wrote:

>Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
>pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
>to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
>of 3 dogs?

Mine's boring. It's just my name.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> of 3 dogs?

My favorite was Omelet before the shortening back when I posted in the low
carb group forever ago.. well 2 years now.

Tori

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> of 3 dogs?

You can blame Damsel for mine... She mentioned the Chatty Cathy dolls in
one of her posts, so I thought it was "appropriate"

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> Just curious as to the meaning (if any) in your user name...Mine's
> pretty obvious- my first name and last initial. But I would really like
> to know where some of these came from- food fettish, big house, owner
> of 3 dogs?

I have previously used Archon as my calling name for internet and
intranet usernames. It is a mythological creature of protection and aid
to the point of annoyance. Half man half eagle with golden feathers.
Then I became fascinated with the sequoia tree, and then used sequoia
giganti. A spiritual guy from chile told me the sequoia is also a
protective energy, just like my real name Michael (archangel Michael).
My newest name is my real name made compatible with my aliases.

Music, Recipes, Photos, and mo

http://www.sequoiagrove.dk

"You donīt frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons
of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and
all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

When I got my first online account at the high school where I worked in
1990, we were warned not to use identifiers that indicated our sex in
order not to attract stalkers. I became gpuester. When we got this
account at home, somehow I became gloriap.

I don't use caps in my signature because 1) I'm not a good typist and
it's easier not to and 2) when I sign my name, I make my "G" the same
shape as lower case only larger.

(Aren't you sorry you asked?)

gloria p