Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lunch Today

Yesterdays Hoppin' John, rice and collards.

The Hoppin' John was a simple, healthier version that the one calling for
bacon.

I lightly browned about a 3/4 cup of diced ham and a whole onion, then half
a diced green pepper.

Soaked the dried blackeyed peas overnight, drained the
water and rinsed them again to cut down of gassy foam, then simmered them
for 2.5 hours with the ham and vegetables, a few bay leaves, some cajun
seasoning, and the last half hour, a dollop of hot salsa, mostly for color.

They cooked down nicely, and I served them on top of Uncle Ben's converted
rice (still my fav) with a sprinkle of shredded sharp cheddar, collards and
sweet corn muffins on the side.

We take them to friends' house every January 1, and I pass out some to other
family members and friends, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> drained the
> water and rinsed them again to cut down of gassy foam,

Please stop posting about your colonics.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> drained the
>> water and rinsed them again to cut down of gassy foam,

> Please stop posting about your colonics.

Please stop begging us to indulge your scat fantasies.

And for GOD's sake COOK something.

It can't make you look better but at least your nasty little rented room
will smell better with something besides your assfunk in it.