Reheating a whole turkey breast

Old 11-12-2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Reheating a whole turkey breast

Someone gave me a whole baked turkey breast. What's the best way to
reheat it? Should I slice it up first?
Old 11-12-2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
Someone gave me a whole baked turkey breast. What's the best way to
reheat it? Should I slice it up first?

Wrap it in foil with a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth. Make an air
tight packet, and reheat in a slow oven (225 to 250) degrees. depending on the
size check after 45 minutes.

Dimitri

Old 11-12-2006, 10:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" wrote in message

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
Someone gave me a whole baked turkey breast. What's the best way to
reheat it? Should I slice it up first?

Wrap it in foil with a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth. Make an
air tight packet, and reheat in a slow oven (225 to 250) degrees.
depending on the size check after 45 minutes.

Dimitri

I'll cast 11 more votes for this method.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Dimitri" wrote in message

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
Someone gave me a whole baked turkey breast. What's the best way to
reheat it? Should I slice it up first?

Wrap it in foil with a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth. Make an
air tight packet, and reheat in a slow oven (225 to 250) degrees.
depending on the size check after 45 minutes.

Dimitri

I'll cast 11 more votes for this method.

Sorry, but I'd heat it by the serving in the nuker.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Mitch@...
says...
Someone gave me a whole baked turkey breast. What's the best way to
reheat it? Should I slice it up first?

Does the package have any instructions? If so, they may provide a
guide. If not, I would slice it and layer the slices out so they
overlap a bit, in an oven-proof dish or pan of your choice. Don't stack
the slices on top of one another or they won't all heat through evenly.
If the pan has a lid, use that, or use foil to cover the pan. Reheat in
the oven at 300 deg. (or up to 350, depending on how much of a hurry
you're in). Timing depends on oven temp and how much you're trying to
reheat at a time.

The turkey should be HOT to the touch and steaming a bit when it's
thoroughly reheated. (I think 160 deg. is considered a safe temp.)

If the meat seems dry when you're slicing it, you can sprinkle a little
water over it once you get it into the pan to help moisturize it a bit.

I wouldn't recommend microwaving the slices unless you're in a *real*
hurry.

Bob
Old 11-12-2006, 11:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Mitch wrote:
Someone gave me a whole baked turkey breast. What's the best way to
reheat it?

Turkey hasn't enough moisture/fat to reheat well.

Should I slice it up first?

Not unless you feel like just tearing off a chunk and gnawing. Yes,
cold turkey sandwiches... turkey salad too. If heat you must turkey
heats best in gravy/sauce... as in a la king.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Dimitri" wrote in message

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
Someone gave me a whole baked turkey breast. What's the best way to
reheat it? Should I slice it up first?

Wrap it in foil with a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth. Make
an
air tight packet, and reheat in a slow oven (225 to 250) degrees.
depending on the size check after 45 minutes.

Dimitri

I'll cast 11 more votes for this method.

Sorry, but I'd heat it by the serving in the nuker.
--
Peace, Om

Please point to whatever evidence you have that the OP isn't planning to use
the entire thing for one dinner.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Wrap it in foil with a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth. Make an air
tight packet, and reheat in a slow oven (225 to 250) degrees. depending on the
size check after 45 minutes.

Thanks...came out great. Much juicer than I thought it would.
Since it was already cooked, I only heated it to about 140 degrees F.
It was 2 1/2 pounds, and it took about 75 minutes from fridge to get
to that temp.
Old 13-12-2006, 11:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote in message newsmp_omelet-
Wrap it in foil with a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth. Make an
air tight packet, and reheat in a slow oven (225 to 250) degrees.
depending on the size check after 45 minutes.

Dimitri

I'll cast 11 more votes for this method.

Sorry, but I'd heat it by the serving in the nuker.
--
Peace, Om

The problem using the nuker is the way microwaves work. The microwaves will
excite the residual moisture within the meat (muscle) that moisture will be
evaporated and leave you with Turkey jerky at the best and a brick at the worst.

Dimitri

Old 13-12-2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

"Omelet" wrote in message newsmp_omelet-
Wrap it in foil with a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth.
Make an air tight packet, and reheat in a slow oven (225 to 250)
degrees. depending on the size check after 45 minutes.

Dimitri

I'll cast 11 more votes for this method.

Sorry, but I'd heat it by the serving in the nuker.
--
Peace, Om

The problem using the nuker is the way microwaves work. The microwaves
will excite the residual moisture within the meat (muscle) that moisture
will be evaporated and leave you with Turkey jerky at the best and a
brick at the worst.

Dimitri

Dimitri,

How've you been??

Wondering, certainly there are ways. How about using the defrost setting
for a couple minutes at a time, in one of those Gladware containers with a
vent cut in the lid?!?

All the best,

Andy

Turkey breast Nancy Young General Cooking 23 05-06-2006 09:15 PM
doing a turkey breast Beth Cole Barbecue 3 29-04-2005 03:07 PM
Turkey Breast Peter Newman Barbecue 13 02-12-2004 01:30 AM
Turkey breast (again) Peter Barbecue 16 29-11-2004 03:14 AM
Smoked Turkey Breast MaryMc Recipes (moderated) 0 16-12-2003 03:12 AM