Can I roast potatoes at 325 degrees F?

Old 03-12-2006, 08:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Can I roast potatoes at 325 degrees F?

If I have a pork loin roasting at 325, and I usually roast veggies at
a 400 for 40 minutes, how long should I roast
potatoes/onions/cauliflower/carrots at 325?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I would say just slice the veggies up a bit smaller than normal and
stick with the 40 minutes or so at 325 deg. You can always leave them
in the oven while the roast is resting, to cook a bit longer, and at a
higher temp if needed.

Bob
======================
In article , Mitch@...
says...

Old 04-12-2006, 02:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

You can not bake onions with veggies , they need oil cooking to
take the bite away . The oil preserves the onion flavor which is
quickly
lost in starches like rice , S' , macaroni et al , if no oil .
add beef stock to onion , simmer ..

Same for boiling them , say with spaghetti .
Garlic should be cracked and rest for 1/2 hour .
it cooks fast . I Nuke G' for 4 seconds at a time and G' cooks in
12 seconds , no
bite , no smell , glutamate flavor ...

Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 20:56:40 GMT, Mitch Mitch@... wrote:

If I have a pork loin roasting at 325, and I usually roast veggies at
a 400 for 40 minutes, how long should I roast
potatoes/onions/cauliflower/carrots at 325?

I dunno, ask an algebra teacher. They are all different densities and
textures, so I couldn't recommend "one for all" type time. Those
potatoes will take longest, unless they are cut up real small.

--
See return address to reply by email