Crazy dinner Party?

Old 03-12-2006, 05:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Crazy dinner Party?

Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.

The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you got a
plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could end
up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.

Does this party sound familiar to any one?

If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?

It was hysterical and a lot of fun.

Thanks

Dimitri

Old 03-12-2006, 05:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Dimitri" wrote:

Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.

The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you
got a
plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could
end
up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.

Does this party sound familiar to any one?

If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?

It was hysterical and a lot of fun.

Thanks

Dimitri

Absolutely!!
Rules? You don' need no steekin' rules! Make your own.
Serially, what I remember was that the menu items were deceptively
written: A pitcher of hay is it milk or is it your dinner fork? Get
it?

What you need is kitchen help because you could be dishing the salad,
dessert, and entree on the same plate. And different combinations for
different people.

Can I come!? I'll help in the kitchen if you'll make me a coupla
Manhattans!

Let's think up names, D.!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."

http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog -
12/3, Christmas Cookies!; Barcelona 12-2 (you might have
to scroll down to find it.

http://jamlady.eboard.com
Old 03-12-2006, 06:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Dimitri" wrote:

Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.

The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you
got a
plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could
end
up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.

Does this party sound familiar to any one?

If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?

It was hysterical and a lot of fun.

Thanks

Dimitri

Oh, I remember that it seemed 'important' to have the table beautifully
set with -- maybe the printed menu and a nice napkin * centerpiece,
something lovely to distract from the fact that there wasn't any
flatware on the table.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
"Dimitri" wrote:

[...]

Was there a NAME to that kind of Craziness?

Thanks

Dimitri