Deep fried Duck or Goose

Old 29-11-2006, 03:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Deep fried Duck or Goose

I know when deep fried Turkey oil must be at 400 degree, and cook at 3
minutes per pound + 5 before turkey is ready. If I want to deep fried
Duck or Goose what setting I need to do it right?
Old 29-11-2006, 03:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Luan Pham wrote in
:

I know when deep fried Turkey oil must be at 400 degree, and cook at 3
minutes per pound + 5 before turkey is ready. If I want to deep fried
Duck or Goose what setting I need to do it right?

http://www.theamericanoutdoorsman.co...h-recipes.html

Deep Fried Duck, Goose or Wild Turkey Recipe

Duck, goose or wild turkey breast
1 Bottle Lawry's Caribbean Jerk Marinade
2 Cups Flour
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
McCormick's Seasoned Pepper

# Cut Breast meat into 1/2" wide strips
# Put meat in a zip lock bag and add enough Caribbean Jerk to cover meat
- save extra marinade to serve with meat
# Marinade at least 1 hour to overnight
# Mix seasoned salt and pepper in flour to taste and put in a second zip
lock bag
# Remove meat from marinade and dredge in flour
# Heat oil in skillet at medium high heat
# Fry, turning once, until golden brown
# Remove and use extra marinade as dipping sauce

by Mark Tobin

In my opnion......... go to China town (there's one in *every* city!!)
and get a BBQ'd duck.

You *cannot* go wrong there.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Old 29-11-2006, 04:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In my opnion......... go to China town (there's one in *every* city!!)
and get a BBQ'd duck.

You *cannot* go wrong there.

And, here at least, it's cheaper than cooking it yourself... !

Old 29-11-2006, 04:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"~xy~" wrote in news:39ibh.389387
$5R2.100793@pd7urf3no:

In my opnion......... go to China town (there's one in *every*

city!!)
and get a BBQ'd duck.

You *cannot* go wrong there.

And, here at least, it's cheaper than cooking it yourself... !

Right!!

So where're you from?

Old 29-11-2006, 06:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

And, here at least, it's cheaper than cooking it yourself... !

Right!!

So where're you from?

BC, Canada, on the we t coast

Old 29-11-2006, 09:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"~xy~" wrote in news:%Ckbh.393341
$R63.302380@pd7urf1no:

And, here at least, it's cheaper than cooking it yourself... !

Right!!

So where're you from?

BC, Canada, on the we t coast

LOL!!! The BC Chinese!!

And is the 'wet coast' a typo, or are you trying to say it's raining
over there?

Old 30-11-2006, 02:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

And is the 'wet coast' a typo, or are you trying to say it's raining
over there?

I typed "we t" with a space for the missing 's' ...
This is usually rain country...
Temperate rainforest.

Now...
Snow
Cold
Then
next comes the rain just to really mess things up...

"First it rained
Then it blew
Then it frizzed
And then it snew...."

Old 01-12-2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:31:38 GMT, Peter A
wrote:

I know when deep fried Turkey oil must be at 400 degree, and cook at 3
minutes per pound + 5 before turkey is ready. If I want to deep fried
Duck or Goose what setting I need to do it right?

400 degrees is way too hot!

I heard with Duck or Goose need to deep fried it under 300 degree, and
need to fried them at 5 minutes per pounds.