Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default freezing palmiers

Could anybody tell me if I could prepare and freeze palmiers ahead of time,
and bake them fresh on the day. And how long beforehand should I make them?

Thanks

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jen wrote:

> Could anybody tell me if I could prepare and freeze palmiers ahead of time,
> and bake them fresh on the day. And how long beforehand should I make them?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jen

Yes, you can easily freeze them cut but unbaked.

I always try and serve them the day they're baked. Since
they're made from puff pastry they stale quickly, but they
can go straight from the freezer to the oven. No need to
defrost them.

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Reg" > wrote in message
. ..
> Jen wrote:
>
>> Could anybody tell me if I could prepare and freeze palmiers ahead of
>> time, and bake them fresh on the day. And how long beforehand should I
>> make them?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jen

> Yes, you can easily freeze them cut but unbaked.
>
> I always try and serve them the day they're baked. Since
> they're made from puff pastry they stale quickly, but they
> can go straight from the freezer to the oven. No need to
> defrost them.

That's what I was thinking. How long ahead do you think it's alright to
freeze them?

Thanks

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jen wrote:

> "Reg" > wrote in message
> . ..
>

>>Yes, you can easily freeze them cut but unbaked.
>>
>>I always try and serve them the day they're baked. Since
>>they're made from puff pastry they stale quickly, but they
>>can go straight from the freezer to the oven. No need to
>>defrost them.

> That's what I was thinking. How long ahead do you think it's alright to
> freeze them?
>
> Thanks

Wrapped up well, they're good for a few weeks at least. Freeze
them seperately on a sheet pan, then wrap.

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Reg" > wrote in message
m...
> Jen wrote:
>
>> "Reg" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>

>>>Yes, you can easily freeze them cut but unbaked.
>>>
>>>I always try and serve them the day they're baked. Since
>>>they're made from puff pastry they stale quickly, but they
>>>can go straight from the freezer to the oven. No need to
>>>defrost them.

>> That's what I was thinking. How long ahead do you think it's alright to
>> freeze them?
>>
>> Thanks

> Wrapped up well, they're good for a few weeks at least. Freeze
> them seperately on a sheet pan, then wrap.

Thanks muchly

Jen