Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White choicolate brownies

Anyone have a recipe for brownies made with wite chocolate?
Every Christmas when i go to my sisters we have some sort of brownie
for dessert. I thought I would try to make wsome unique ones,
either white brownies ( I get the oxymoron ) or a marble brownie
with half batter made from white chocolate and half batter made from
semi-sweet chocolate poured in the same pan and blended with a
toothpick.

Thanks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thaddeus L Olczyk wrote:
> Anyone have a recipe for brownies made with wite chocolate?
> Every Christmas when i go to my sisters we have some sort of brownie
> for dessert. I thought I would try to make wsome unique ones,
> either white brownies ( I get the oxymoron ) or a marble brownie
> with half batter made from white chocolate and half batter made from
> semi-sweet chocolate poured in the same pan and blended with a
> toothpick.
>
> Thanks

>From rec.food.recipes:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Exported from MasterCook *

White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Brownies

Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy
Serving Size : 14 Preparation Time :0:50
Categories : Cakes & Cookies Snacks
Desserts Microwave

2/3 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup flour -- plus 2 tbsp.
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
9 ounces white chocolate
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. If macadamia nuts are salted, blanch in
boiling water to cover for 30 seconds to remove salt. Rinse under cold
running water and transfer to a baking sheet. Toast in a 325 degrees F
oven until golden brown. Let cool, then coarsely chop. If nuts are
unsalted, just toast and chop. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
Set aside. Place butter, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan over
low
heat. Cut 6 ounces of the white chocolate into large (1- or 2-inch)
chunks and the remaining 3 ounces into small (1/4-inch to 1/2-inch)
chips.
When butter has melted, remove from heat, add the 6 ounces white
chocolate
chunks and stir until chocolate melts. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir
in
flour mixture until just blended. Stir in the 3 ounces of white
chocolate
chips and the nuts. Spread batter in a greased 8- or 9-inch square
baking
pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center
comes
out clean. Cool on a wire rack, then cut into squares.

* Timesaver Tip: Brownie batter can be made ahead and frozen before
baking. Line an 8- or 9-inch square pan with heavy-duty foil. Spoon
batter
into pan. Freeze batter, uncovered, until frozen solid. Remove from pan
and wrap tightly. Label and date package. Freeze at 0 degrees F up to 4
weeks. To bake, peel foil from batter and place in greased pan. Bake in
preheated 375 degrees F oven until skewer inserted in center comes out
clean (40 to 50 minutes).

Microwave Version: Chocolate may be melted in a microwave oven. Place
butter and chocolate in a small glass bowl. Microwave on 50% power for
1
minute, stir, then continue microwaving 1 to 3 minutes more. Stir until
smooth. Do not overheat or chocolate will scorch around edges and won't
blend smoothly. Stir in sugar and water and continue with step 5.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Exported from MasterCook *

White Chocolate Brownies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :
1 stick unsalted butter
4 oz white chocolate -- coarsly chopped
2 eggs -- room temp
1/2 tsp salt
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour

Heat oven to 325. Lightly grease an 11x7 inch pan. Melt the butter,
then
add chocolate and stir till all is melted. Beat eggs, and salt till
frothy (about 30 seconds). Gradually add the sugar and continue
beating
till eggs are thick and pale (about 1 1/2 min). Add the chocolate
mixture
and the vanilla, mix on med/low speed about 5 seconds. Mix in the
flour
on low speed, until blended. Pour into pan. Bake about 40 minutes.
Allow
to cool 1 hour before cutting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Exported from MasterCook *

WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK BROWNIES

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Brownies Chocolate
Nuts

3 tb Instant coffee powder
1 tb Water
2 c Brown sugar -- firmly packed
3/4 c Unsalted butter
2 lg Eggs
2 tb Coffee liqueur
2 c Flour
2 ts Baking powder
1/2 t Salt
5 oz White chocolate -- cut 3/4"
3/4 c Pecans -- coarsely chopped
- toasted

Preheat oven to 350~. Butter a 10" diameter pan and line the bottom
with
parchment. Combine coffee powder and 1 tb. water in a heavy med.
saucepan.
Stir over medium low heat until coffee dissolves. Add sugar and butter
and
stir til butter melts. Pour into large bowl and cool to room
temperature,
stirring occasionally. Add eggs and coffee liqueur to butter mixture,
whisk to combine. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl.
Add
to butter mixture and stir to blend. Stir in chocolate and pecans.
Pour
batter into prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted in center comes
out
almost clean about 35 minutes. Cool in pan on rack. Run small sharp
knife
around sides of pan to loosen brownie. Turn out on plate; peel off
parchment. Cut into wedges to serve. Serve with caramel sauce and ice
cream.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

East Side Grill's White Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Sauce

For brownies:
1 pound white chocolate chips
5 eggs
2 cups Macadamia nuts
2 cups sugar
1/2 pound butter
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt

For chocolate sauce:
1 cup Karo Sauce
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 pound chocolate chips
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

Brownies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter over double boiler. Add 1/2
chocolate,
do not stir, set aside. Combine eggs and salt. Beat until frothy. Add
sugar. Add
chocolate-butter mixture, vanilla, flour, beat until smooth. Add
remaining
chocolate drops, beat until combined. Pour mixture evenly onto a
regular cookie
sheet and bake 10 minutes. For thicker brownies use an 8x8 or 8x9
brownie pan
and cook 10-12 minutes.

For sauce: Combine sugar, Karo syrup and cream in a sauce pan. Bring to
a boil.
Remove from heat, add chocolate until smooth. Add vanilla and water.
Cool.

Drizzle chocolate sauce over brownie and top with vanilla ice cream.
From:East
Side Grill

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

White Chocolate and Almonnd Brownies

12 oz White chocolate - broken into pieces
1 cup Unsalted butter
3 Eggs
3/4 cup Flour
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 325~. Grease and flour 9" square pan. Melt chocolate
and
butter in large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly (do not be
concerned if the white chocolate separates). Remove from heat when
chocolate
is just melted. With electric mixer, beat in eggs until mixture is
smooth.
Beat in flour and vanilla. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Sprinkle
almonds evenly over the top. Bake 30-35 minutes or just until set in
center.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 2" squares.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Premier White Brownies

3 bars (6-ounce box) NESTLI. TOLL HOUSE. Premier White Baking Bars ,
broken
into pieces
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup butter , melted and cooled
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Microwave baking bars in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH
(70%)
power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second
intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
Combine sugar, eggs, water and almond extract in large bowl. Add melted
baking bars and butter; stir until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture.
Pour
into greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle almonds on top.
Bake in preheated 3500 F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden
pick
inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire
rack.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

7 oz. white chocolate
3/4 tsp. unsalted butter
6 eggs
3 cup sugar
2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Melt chocolate over warm water. Melt butter. Let both
cool. Beat eggs and sugar together. Stir in almond extract,
chocolate and butter. Fold in flour, salt and walnuts. Blend
thoroughly. Pour into a buttered 12 x 18-inch baking pan and
bake in a preheated 325 degrees oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and
cut into squares.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Black and White Brownies

Prep Time: 15 Minutes(Ready in 2 Hours 30 Minutes) Makes: 36 bars
Chewy brownies are topped with a creamy vanilla layer, then rich
chocolate frosting. Yum!

Brownies
1 (19.5-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury Brownie Classics Traditional Fudge
Brownie Mix
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (6-oz.) pkg. (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
1 (12-oz.) pkg. (2 cups) white vanilla chips

Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3 to 4 tablespoons hot water
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 to 1 cup pecan halves

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan. In large
bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil and eggs; beat 50 strokes with
spoon. Add 1/2 cup pecans, the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the
vanilla chips; mix well. Spread in greased pan.
Bake at 350 F. for 28 to 34 minutes or until center is set. Remove
from oven; immediately sprinkle with remaining 1 cup vanilla chips.
Return to oven for 1 minute to soften chips; spread evenly over
brownies with back of spoon. Cool.
In small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients except pecan
halves; beat until smooth. (Mixture will be thin.) Spoon over melted
white vanilla chips; spread to cover. Arrange pecan halves over
frosting. Cool 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thaddeus L Olczyk wrote:
> Anyone have a recipe for brownies made with wite chocolate?
> Every Christmas when i go to my sisters we have some sort of brownie
> for dessert. I thought I would try to make wsome unique ones,
> either white brownies ( I get the oxymoron ) or a marble brownie
> with half batter made from white chocolate and half batter made from
> semi-sweet chocolate poured in the same pan and blended with a
> toothpick.
>
> Thanks

Black & white are easy, but my recipes call for cream cheese plus one
egg for the white part. For a recipe in an 8" or 9" pan, you would use
8 oz. cream cheese plus one slightly beaten egg, mixed together with 3
T. sugar, and then put blobs of it like a checkerboard around the
regular brownie batter - swirl with a knife - bake as usual.

I'm sure somebody else will have a white chocolate recipe. The cream
cheese version is really good - you can add chocolate chips to either
or both the batters, if you want.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

We have a similar one, which uses 3oz cream cheese. Here's the link:
http://www.gosyro.com/recipes/00571....ese%20Brownies