Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What has food to do with acne problem

What Is Acne?
Acne is the general term for plugged pores, pimples, and deeper lumps
that can occur on the face, neck, upper back, chest, or shoulders.It is
a skin condition that occurs when the oil-secreting glands in the skin
are clogged and become inflamed or infected.Acne is so common that it
can almost be considered a normal part of growing up.While it affects
the majority of teenagers, it can also appear later in life.Both boys
and girls get acne but boys face the brunt because they have more skin
oils.85% of adolescents develop acne.Among adults, 12% of women and 3%
of men have acne.
http://www.beautybusiness.blogspot.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Martha Johnson" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What Is Acne?
> Acne is the general term for plugged pores, pimples, and deeper lumps
> that can occur on the face, neck, upper back, chest, or shoulders.It is
> a skin condition that occurs when the oil-secreting glands in the skin
> are clogged and become inflamed or infected.Acne is so common that it
> can almost be considered a normal part of growing up.While it affects
> the majority of teenagers, it can also appear later in life.Both boys
> and girls get acne but boys face the brunt because they have more skin
> oils.85% of adolescents develop acne.Among adults, 12% of women and 3%
> of men have acne.
> http://www.beautybusiness.blogspot.com

Well, isn't that special? Cough, cough........

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Martha Johnson" > wrote:

> What Is Acne?
> Acne is the general term for plugged pores, pimples, and deeper lumps
> that can occur on the face, neck, upper back, chest, or shoulders.It is
> a skin condition that occurs when the oil-secreting glands in the skin
> are clogged and become inflamed or infected.Acne is so common that it
> can almost be considered a normal part of growing up.While it affects
> the majority of teenagers, it can also appear later in life.Both boys
> and girls get acne but boys face the brunt because they have more skin
> oils.85% of adolescents develop acne.Among adults, 12% of women and 3%
> of men have acne.
> http://www.beautybusiness.blogspot.com

I'm 44 and I still get f-ing pimples! Most often a few days before my
period and I understand that that's common with women.

It gets much MUCH worse if I've indulged in anything containing white
sugar. I pretty much avoid sweets now and my skin stays pretty clear for
the most part.

For breakouts, I have an Erygel prescription.

Good stuff!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> "Martha Johnson" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > What Is Acne?
> > Acne is the general term for plugged pores, pimples, and deeper lumps
> > that can occur on the face, neck, upper back, chest, or shoulders.It is
> > a skin condition that occurs when the oil-secreting glands in the skin
> > are clogged and become inflamed or infected.Acne is so common that it
> > can almost be considered a normal part of growing up.While it affects
> > the majority of teenagers, it can also appear later in life.Both boys
> > and girls get acne but boys face the brunt because they have more skin
> > oils.85% of adolescents develop acne.Among adults, 12% of women and 3%
> > of men have acne.
> > http://www.beautyspam.blogspot.com
> >

> Well, isn't that special? Cough, cough........
>
> kili

I didn't go to the website..... Was it worth it?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
> > "Martha Johnson" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >
> > > http://www.beautyspam.blogspot.com
> > >

> > Well, isn't that special? Cough, cough........
> >

> I didn't go to the website..... Was it worth it?
> --
> Peace, Om

I don't know, I didn't either. I use Proactive.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> I use Proactive.
>
> kili

I'm not familiar with that?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> Well, isn't that special? Cough, cough........

My thoughts exactly.

And no, the site doesn't answer the question it spammed us with.

Dawn

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
>> I use Proactive.
>>
>> kili

> I'm not familiar with that?

It's the brand advertised all the time on TV. Info-mercials etc., but it
really does work! (Rather pricey, but my aunt gave it to me.)

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "kilikini" > wrote:
> >
> >> I use Proactive.
> >>
> >> kili

> > I'm not familiar with that?

> It's the brand advertised all the time on TV. Info-mercials etc., but it
> really does work! (Rather pricey, but my aunt gave it to me.)
>
> kili
> --
> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

I don't watch much television, just news and weather from time to
time... I've not watched an infomercial for years. <G>

Thanks for the info.! I'll google for it if you feel that it actually
works as advertised!

-
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
hob hob is offline

"Martha Johnson" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What Is Acne?

I have cured it a fair number of times by treating it as follows:

1) Acne is caused by bacteria.

2) Adolescents tend to be insecure -- and as such, they put their hands over
and onto their faces far more than adults. That hand is the "vector" for the
bacteria to get to the face.
When acne inevitably occurs, the vector increases because the adolescent
now wants to cover the breakouts with their hands.

3) Adolescents are in constant contact with the bacteria - one person in a
high school will infect the entire school within a week. That surface
contact is the source of the infection.
When a student sits at a desk, he/she touches the surface, which was
contaminated by the last person who sat at that desk (squeezing their
pimples). The surface is awash with bacteria.

4) Two things occur when the adolescent no longer has acne - they are no
longer in school, and they infrequently put their hands to their face.
Older? Yes. Less oil? No. Besides, the bacteria doesn't require four gallons
of oil to live, and dies at three gallons. There is always oil on a human's
face.

The bacteria is a cycle -

a) The adolescent has to realize that someone had, wihtout thinking, put
their pimple squeezings on the desk, doorknob, etc. that they are now
touching.

b) that it only can get to their face if their hand then goes to their face

c) That the active oxide washes kill bacteria on the skin.

Keep the hands off the face. Period. Change pillow cases at least weekly.

There is also a type of acne caused by mechanical irritation of the
skin. The most common one of these is many tiny red bumps - that is often
caused by polyester threads in pillows. The threads break off and are in
effect jagged probes that pierce and irritate the skin.
In every case where I noted this type of acne, it went away within a week
by having the affected person change to all-cotton pillow cases.

fwiw.

> Acne is the general term for plugged pores, pimples, and deeper lumps
> that can occur on the face, neck, upper back, chest, or shoulders.It is
> a skin condition that occurs when the oil-secreting glands in the skin
> are clogged and become inflamed or infected.Acne is so common that it
> can almost be considered a normal part of growing up.While it affects
> the majority of teenagers, it can also appear later in life.Both boys
> and girls get acne but boys face the brunt because they have more skin
> oils.85% of adolescents develop acne.Among adults, 12% of women and 3%
> of men have acne.
> http://www.beautybusiness.blogspot.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

>>> I'm not familiar with that?

>> It's the brand advertised all the time on TV. Info-mercials etc., but it
>> really does work! (Rather pricey, but my aunt gave it to me.)

> I don't watch much television, just news and weather from time to
> time... I've not watched an infomercial for years. <G>
>
> Thanks for the info.! I'll google for it if you feel that it actually
> works as advertised!

I have always been very lucky in that respect. I never had acne on my
face even as a teen (that Italian olive complexion). I'm pretty
committed to using Clinique products though and can highly recommend them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

hob wrote:
> "Martha Johnson" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> What Is Acne?

> I have cured it a fair number of times by treating it as follows:
>
> 1) Acne is caused by bacteria.

Ask many women past adolescence (and some men) and they will tell you
that their acne is hormone-based.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

hob wrote:

> I have cured it a fair number of times by treating it as follows:
>
> 1) Acne is caused by bacteria.

What you're saying makes a certain amount of sense to me, but I don't
think it explains all acne. What about the acne that some adolescent
girls get before and during their periods? It clears up on its own
without any differences in touching hands to face or washing.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote in message
. ..
> hob wrote:
>
> > I have cured it a fair number of times by treating it as follows:
> >
> > 1) Acne is caused by bacteria.

> What you're saying makes a certain amount of sense to me, but I don't
> think it explains all acne. What about the acne that some adolescent
> girls get before and during their periods? It clears up on its own
> without any differences in touching hands to face or washing.
>

> --Lia

People exude oil, oils clogs pores, infection caused by bacteria of those
pores ensues! It's that damned simple! People exude everything they eat,
the digestive system doesn't take care of everything.
Here's a test you can perform to confirm this. Go purchase a case of "Old
Overholt Pennsylvania Rye Whisky" and if your significant other refuses to
sleep with you after consuming that case of whisky because you smell worse
than a stack of wet hay bails, your exuding oils to.
Yeah shit for brains, olive oil is good for you and you smell better even if
you haven't taken a bath this entire week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba38 > wrote:

> >> It's the brand advertised all the time on TV. Info-mercials etc., but it
> >> really does work! (Rather pricey, but my aunt gave it to me.)

> > I don't watch much television, just news and weather from time to
> > time... I've not watched an infomercial for years. <G>
> >
> > Thanks for the info.! I'll google for it if you feel that it actually
> > works as advertised!

> I have always been very lucky in that respect. I never had acne on my
> face even as a teen (that Italian olive complexion). I'm pretty
> committed to using Clinique products though and can highly recommend them.

Well, for now I just use soap and water, and Erygel. (Rx) ;-)

I only get facial breakouts the week before my period.

What Clinique products do you use?

Avoiding sugary foods in my diet has done more to eliminate acne than
just about anything else. I figure that the increased blood glucose
levels feed the critters that live in our pores. <G>

Just a theory.......
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Puester > wrote:

> hob wrote:
> > "Martha Johnson" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >> What Is Acne?

> > I have cured it a fair number of times by treating it as follows:
> >
> > 1) Acne is caused by bacteria.
> >

> Ask many women past adolescence (and some men) and they will tell you
> that their acne is hormone-based.
>
> gloria p

YES!!!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Julia Altshuler > wrote:

> hob wrote:
>
> > I have cured it a fair number of times by treating it as follows:
> >
> > 1) Acne is caused by bacteria.

> What you're saying makes a certain amount of sense to me, but I don't
> think it explains all acne. What about the acne that some adolescent
> girls get before and during their periods? It clears up on its own
> without any differences in touching hands to face or washing.
>

> --Lia

Increase in Testosterone levels.

This is why one of the side effects of Anabolic steroid use is not just
facial acne, but back and shoulder acne.

Google it.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Goomba38 > wrote:

but it

> > > I don't watch much television, just news and weather from time to
> > > time... I've not watched an infomercial for years. <G>
> > >
> > > Thanks for the info.! I'll google for it if you feel that it actually
> > > works as advertised!

> > I have always been very lucky in that respect. I never had acne on my
> > face even as a teen (that Italian olive complexion). I'm pretty
> > committed to using Clinique products though and can highly recommend

them.

> Well, for now I just use soap and water, and Erygel. (Rx) ;-)
>
> I only get facial breakouts the week before my period.
>
> What Clinique products do you use?
>
> Avoiding sugary foods in my diet has done more to eliminate acne than
> just about anything else. I figure that the increased blood glucose
> levels feed the critters that live in our pores. <G>
>
> Just a theory.......
> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack

Nicholson

Sugar has little to do with the problem, exuded oils are the problem.
Sugar will make you pleasantly plump or cause other health problems, oils
will scar your face.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Muddle" > wrote:

> Sugar has little to do with the problem, exuded oils are the problem.
> Sugar will make you pleasantly plump or cause other health problems, oils
> will scar your face.

That has not been my personal observation...

Do you suffer from pimples?
How old are you?

I'm 44.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Muddle wrote:

> People exude oil, oils clogs pores, infection caused by bacteria of those
> pores ensues! It's that damned simple! People exude everything they eat,
> the digestive system doesn't take care of everything.
> Here's a test you can perform to confirm this. Go purchase a case of "Old
> Overholt Pennsylvania Rye Whisky" and if your significant other refuses to
> sleep with you after consuming that case of whisky because you smell worse
> than a stack of wet hay bails, your exuding oils to.
> Yeah shit for brains, olive oil is good for you and you smell better even if
> you haven't taken a bath this entire week.

If you are trying to channel Sheldon, nice try but
you still have far to go.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking
hob hob is offline

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote in message
. ..
> hob wrote:
>
> > I have cured it a fair number of times by treating it as follows:
> >
> > 1) Acne is caused by bacteria.

> What you're saying makes a certain amount of sense to me, but I don't
> think it explains all acne. What about the acne that some adolescent
> girls get before and during their periods? It clears up on its own
> without any differences in touching hands to face or washing.

changes in skin acidity near menstruation create a more conducive
environment for the particular types of bacteria

> --Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"hob" > wrote:

> "Julia Altshuler" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > hob wrote:
> >
> > > I have cured it a fair number of times by treating it as follows:
> > >
> > > 1) Acne is caused by bacteria.

> > What you're saying makes a certain amount of sense to me, but I don't
> > think it explains all acne. What about the acne that some adolescent
> > girls get before and during their periods? It clears up on its own
> > without any differences in touching hands to face or washing.

> changes in skin acidity near menstruation create a more conducive
> environment for the particular types of bacteria
>

> > --Lia

Acid eh? So that's why we get bitchy. ;-)

Just kidding...

Maybe I should wash my face with baking soda!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
hob hob is offline

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "hob" > wrote:
>
> > "Julia Altshuler" > wrote in message
> > . ..

> > > What you're saying makes a certain amount of sense to me, but I don't
> > > think it explains all acne. What about the acne that some adolescent
> > > girls get before and during their periods? It clears up on its own
> > > without any differences in touching hands to face or washing.

> > changes in skin acidity near menstruation create a more conducive
> > environment for the particular types of bacteria
> >

> > > --Lia
> > >

> Acid eh? So that's why we get bitchy. ;-)
>
> Just kidding...
>
> Maybe I should wash my face with baking soda!

Didn't say it "changed it TO acid" - just "changed the acidity".

It may also be that some types of "acne bacteria" feed on hormonal
residue...

OK... 'nuff of this in the food NG....

> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack

Nicholson

Ayurvedic Care for Acne vidiya sharma Vegan 0 27-04-2012 01:15 PM
ASTERACEA ELIMINATE THE ACNE quelab22 Vegan 0 26-01-2007 10:02 PM
NATURAL ACNE TREATMENT quelab22 General Cooking 0 26-01-2007 07:35 PM
Acne---&gt; helen_8888 Diabetic 0 30-10-2006 09:00 PM
Permanent Acne Cure tim General Cooking 0 30-04-2006 01:08 AM